Grants Pass Auction Minis - Katya - colt born June 22

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He really is a stunning little lad - but then he has a gorgeous Momma so it is to be expected!
default_yes.gif

He's simply to handsome for his own good!! Just beautiful, and good job Katya!!

Time progesses: We let them out, most mornings, for 1/2 hr to an hour. Today, he was a zoomy machine, running around his Mama and around the other mare, Smokey, who is recessive on the totem pole. We were doing feet on the bigs and on Mama Katya, so we did his feet too! Gotta get him used to our wonderful farrier, who is so in love with him. Nicky and Katya were out while the bigs were getting their feet done, and he didn't stop zooming the whole time. Once, Katya challenged Smokey, which was a total hoot, since Smokey is so low on the totem pole that she positively disappears off it!. She is SO not interested in interfering! We still have Bridie tied at the feedbag, since she is young and curious. So:

4July013 I can get there.jpg

4July2013 no restraint.jpg

4July2013 Running more.jpg

4July2013 Running.jpg

4July2013 Yummm.jpg

I have videos of him running and popping like a jack in the box, and Mom is just calmly watching him learn his legs. We have a line of trees that are like a pattern for him to thread. At the end of the run, we herded them into their enclosure so the farrier could take care of Katya's feet, which are growing like a house afire. Then she looked at Nicholas's feet and trimmed a tiny little bit off them, even though he hasn't attained his "real" hoof yet. Fortunately, he's still small enough that Cat was able to control him. She said it was like trimming rubber. Training, you know!

He's such a beautiful child!!!!
default_firstprize.gif
default_drool5.gif
default_wub.png
Need I say more???

Last edited by a moderator:
My farrier ALWAYS "trimmed" the foals feet on every visit -- he loved the babies too, and the babies learned to love him and do great with their trims!

Beautiful pictures!!! More.....more!!

This morning I get to wrangle minis while Cat and helper offload 4 tons of hay, so I will take my usual pictures of the crazy child and feed the picture beast!
default_new_rofl.gif

Reading on one of the other threads about a baby running into a poop dumper . . . I've watched Nicky run full tilt into 2 posts and the fencing around the enclosure. No harm, no foul, but the fence bounced him back like a trampoline. I hope he doesn't remember that, because he'll end up making a game out of it!
default_new_multi.gif

Cam did the ole " Im charging into the bounce back fence last year..twice " about scared me to death. These little ones just like to run and never watch where the're heading!! hence your signature quote...." some mistakes are too much fun to only make once "

4 tons of hay!!! I would be in heaven!!!

I got to the farm to find the hay all stored and the truck & trailer filled with other stuff. Hmmph!
default_doh.gif
I can't decide whether to be irritated or glad. Ok, I'm glad, because then I got to spend time with the minis and take more pictures for you!
default_wink.png
Be ready to get out your magnifiers and check for "dunness" in the wild child:

7July2013 Dun.jpg Sorry about the dappled light. He's under the trees.

7July2013 goofy.jpg Goofy little guy!

7July2013 Ready.jpg 'K Mom. I'm ready!

7July2013 legs.jpg

7July2013 yum.jpg

7July2013 Where.jpg My personal favorite. We freed the other mini mares and he's looking for the mama bits under Smokey, who was very accepting of his explorations. Katya ignored the whole thing because she was proving that the grass is indeed greener on the other side of the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:
" Hey, send this one to your friends mum"

/monthly_07_2013/post-45050-0-29323800-1373293098_thumb.jpg

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
He is just way tooooooooooooooooo cute for words
default_biggrin.png

Back