Got a new mare with pics!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hey all! I thought I would share a couple pictures of my new mare that I got. She's only AMHR registered. She's only a little over 2 years old and stands 31.75". She's tiny compared to my other bigger minis. She goes back to Orion, Goforth Little Pistol, Dels Little Man and some Dell Terra bloodlines thrown in as well. From what I've been able to find she's pretty much Appy and Pinto bred. She's has the Appy molting around her eyes, lips, under her tail and the striped hooves. The people that had her before me didn't know a whole lot about horses/minis so they just cut her mane to make it easier to comb out. She was in a tiny little pen with high tensil fence and rubbed her mane out in one spot, hopefully it'll grow back really nice. She was just to much for their little girl to handle because of the lack of turnout space she had. She's currently going through the ugly 2 yr old stage, she's got what I call tooth bumps on the top of her nasal cavity that will eventually go away once her adult teeth come in but other than that I think she's pretty nice. She's needs some work on her ground manners but I believe that with a little work she's going to make a nice little show mare for my local open shows.

Her name is: Mystic Valley's Apache Spice Girl

Her sire is: C Apaches What About Bob

Her dam is: Mystic Valley's Spice Girl

I'm wanting to know if anyone knows or has any info on her breeder: Cathy Frost - Mystic Valley Ranch/Miniatures - in Peebles, OH.

Here's her pics:

100_0782.jpg

100_0776.jpg

100_0777.jpg

Thanks for looking at my new girl!!

Becky M.

Congrats on your new girl! Sorry I don't have any info for you.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm hoping to make her another future all around show horse like all my others! A good performance horse is always plus in my book.

Anyone else know of my mare's breeder?

Becky M.

I've never met Cathy, but did go out to her place once hoping to find out more about my Lexus, that came from her farm. She wasn't there. She has over 200 head, minis everywhere!

My good friend Missy, knows her well and gets horses from her all the time. If you pm me your email add, I'll forward it to Missy and maybe you can talk to her.

Other than that, Here is a phone # for Cathy 937-587-3024 I don't know if it's still good. She has one posted on her farm sigh, so I assume it's ok to post the #. My friend says to leave a message 'cause she's always out with the horses. Last I heard Cathy doesn't have a computer, so no website or email!

I hope to get out to see Cathy some day soon, I'd like to know more about Lexys parents.

Good Luck
saludando.gif

Congrats on your new girl and oh, dont you just love those tooth bumps!!!

What a pretty girl, I love her color and she looks very sweet!

Congratulations and hope you have fun with her and win many ribbons next year!

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my new filly. She's turning out to be quite a sweet heart. She's starting to fill out more and more now that she's able to run and play in a field. Where she was before was in a very small pen with no room to even run but they would take her out every night to walk her and she'd end up dragging and running them around just to get some exercise. Every time she's runs her tail's flagging in the air, maybe a future in a liberty class?! I also see a future as a driving horse because she's got alot of reach under her with her hindend.

She has a very bright future ahead her here with me but I have to remember she's still only a 2 year old and I can't push her very hard.

Thanks again everyone for the compliments and help with the breeder info. I'll be sure to post pics in the spring when she's all clipped up and pretty!

Becky M.

Hi Becki,

I have a little info. Several years back I bought 5 mares that had originally come from Cathy's farm/breeding. I had questions about one mare in particular because she was listed as "roan" on her papers, but she did not have a darker head and legs, but her body was very roaned with large white patches. So I contacted Cathy and she was able to send me photos of that mare and her full sister (as foals), who I also had purchased. She was very nice and very helpful. I know she breeds almost exclusively AMHR. Of the 5 mares I bought, all were AMHR only and 4 were under 34".

As for the sire of your filly, Billy Caldwell in Circleville, OH was the breeder on him. Billy used to be into AMHA but changed to AMHR and Shetlands several years ago. He used "C" as his prefix with AMHA registry. Bob's sire was Mini Bits Apache King who was a tiny bright sorrel appy with a very nice white blanket across his rump/hips. Billy actually did quite well with him in the showring, especially in the multi color classes. Back when he was showing him ('93-'94) there weren't that many boldly marked appys being shown. I have a photo of Apache King somewhere that I can email to you if you want it, when I find it. Your little girl sure is cute. Have fun with her, and I doubt Cathy would mind if you gave her a call for more info.

Hey all! I thought I would share a couple pictures of my new mare that I got. She's only AMHR registered. She's only a little over 2 years old and stands 31.75". She's tiny compared to my other bigger minis. She goes back to Orion, Goforth Little Pistol, Dels Little Man and some Dell Terra bloodlines thrown in as well. From what I've been able to find she's pretty much Appy and Pinto bred. She's has the Appy molting around her eyes, lips, under her tail and the striped hooves. The people that had her before me didn't know a whole lot about horses/minis so they just cut her mane to make it easier to comb out. She was in a tiny little pen with high tensil fence and rubbed her mane out in one spot, hopefully it'll grow back really nice. She was just to much for their little girl to handle because of the lack of turnout space she had. She's currently going through the ugly 2 yr old stage, she's got what I call tooth bumps on the top of her nasal cavity that will eventually go away once her adult teeth come in but other than that I think she's pretty nice. She's needs some work on her ground manners but I believe that with a little work she's going to make a nice little show mare for my local open shows.

Her name is: Mystic Valley's Apache Spice Girl

Her sire is: C Apaches What About Bob

Her dam is: Mystic Valley's Spice Girl

I'm wanting to know if anyone knows or has any info on her breeder: Cathy Frost - Mystic Valley Ranch/Miniatures - in Peebles, OH.

Here's her pics:

100_0782.jpg

100_0776.jpg

100_0777.jpg

Thanks for looking at my new girl!!

Becky M.

Back