Fox News -- Fair & Balanced

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find this disturbing! Obama Youth Is this the next reich?

Good lord. Now I know that those of you that are voicing your opposition so vehemently to the democratic candidate are truly
default_wacko.png
. From his color, to his supposed ties to terrorisms, etc. etc. and all kinds of ridiculous statements that you keep posting like verbal diahrea... I think I will tell my grandaughter we aren't going to vacation in the U.S. Since she is of mixed decent I think we will go somewhere else so that a 6 year old doesn't have to hear this kind of bigotry, etc. I know there are many wonderful people in the U.S. but this has been a real eye opener because I thought there was much more tolerance, guess I was wrong.

Fox news is about as fair and balanced as the "rah rah sisterhood" is in here, which isn't saying much.

Enjoy your debates ladies.
WHOA..about his color?? EXCUSE me..show me ONE post ..

I want to make One thing clear..he could be green blue or purple..I give a rats behind..

We have many friends that are african americans..there are good and bad people of EVERY color, religion or Nationality..why do ppeople always play the race card..???

IF Obama was to loose..(NO I don't think so..but there is always hope) we all would be stamped racists..Unbelievable

The comparison still stands. By my association with my dad, do I support or condone the actions of the U.S. Army during Vietnam? Do I think it was a right and just war? I may, or I may not.
But by the logic people use connecting Ayers to Obama, then YES, I must.
I see a big difference. But Lowrise, you aren't trying to hide your relationship.

With specific facts and not 'ideas' , exactly how is Obama hiding any relationship? I mean come on people. This was all hashed out long ago. But, I guess since McCain is falling in the polls, people have to dig up 6 degrees of seperation half truths to make the other guy look bad. TG, oh TG the people of this country are starting to get smart and realize this is a smear tactic the Republicans picked up from Rove. Shame on them for not having any better morals. Shame on the people that believe everything they read that is negative about the other guy.

I want a minimum of three separate nationally known sources and ideally some pictures, and will also require him to have been found guilty by a jury of his peers or have admitted to wrongdoing himself in lieu of a verdict.
.......... May we request the same for McCain???

I do hope Obama stays out of the low, smearing poo poo that McCane/Palin is doing and lets Americans know what he is going to do for the people.. something McCain/Palin is NOT doing..
Mary Lou --

Obama could let you know what he HAS done for the American people since taking elected office. IMO, voting "present" didn't do that much for us. On the other hand, McCain has done a lot for our Nation, and he also has solid plans for the future.

Sheryl, excellent point on ambition and options. The availability of good jobs to the youth of today has nothing to do with Obama.

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Pep, I guess you've figured out my motive
default_laugh.png

Thanks for letting me know the source of the information. If CNN reported they're the most unbiased, well, then it must be true
default_rolleyes.gif
Maybe if you read what I said and didnt read INTO what I said, you would have caught this the first time. It was a national poll group asking Americans who they thought was the most trustworthy. It wasnt CNN asking, nor was it sponsored BY them. And of course CNN would be the only news outlet to report this fact.

CNN's poll link

Maybe if you read what I said and didnt read INTO what I said, you would have caught this the first time. It was a national poll group asking Americans who they thought was the most trustworthy. It wasnt CNN asking, nor was it sponsored BY them. And of course CNN would be the only news outlet to report this fact.
Bolding mine.

Pepipony - the most vehement posters in this thread have proven time and again that they only read what they want to read into things - including viral emails etc.

Anyone else - even those of us who have pointed out where BOTH candidates have been lacking is sneered at with lots of
default_new_rofl.gif
and attempted zingers - which as you know - are crucial to any thoughtful discussion....

As far as Obama admitting to any wrongdoing is concerned.....as far as I know he hasn't been man enough to say he was wrong about anything.
When that ^^^ kind of rhetoric is stated... when it is flatly stated that Obama supports terrorism... when others of opposing viewpoints arre simply sneered at as being sheep... when the "rah-rah sisterhood" is too busy high-fiving each other to actually look into the issues at hand... I worry.

Yes, Obama has been "man enough" to say he was wrong - as he did in his statement about Rev. Wright. But as always, facts do not matter when rhetoric will do. I do not know if it is even worthwhile to post any links to actual non-partisan facts anymore as so many here simply disregard them.

Listening to Sarah Palin (why oh why was Condi not picked??!!) speak today as if she was talking to kindergarteners... was just plain sad. She chit-chats about Ayers in her rather affected cutesy, chirpy way while the economy is teetering.. just feeding into the fearmongering that is pushing Americans waaaaay off the topic at hand. I would hope that is not deliberate - because if so - it is mind-boggling in its ignorance of what is going on. And if Americans lap that up and ignore the big issues....
default_no.gif

My comparison to family members with different beliefs was far more valid than the example of any reverend or acquaintance - and I am stymied that some of you cannot see that - and just dismissed it.

Well, I know why - it does not help prove your point - but anyway... family ties are the strongest ties of all - and yet NO - I do not believe as those family members do - never have and never will... and to suggest that I would due to that association is ridiculous. Ties that are even looser - be they casual friends or OTT preachers... are even less of a issue when it comes to determining how an individual thinks, believes or acts...

On the other hand, McCain has done a lot for our Nation, and he also has solid plans for the future.
Solid plans? Sheer political posturing. Obama does it, too. There is no such thing as "solid" plans in any political campaign... they are based on "promises" and "hope" and "change"... and always have been.

OhHorsePee-The information about Ayers has been widely published online for months. In this age of information it's tough to hide anything, even if one wanted to try...which I don't think Obama HAS. In contrast, there have been times I've tried to hide my relationship with my dad...can't take that man out in public sometimes!

Appy-I'm pretty sure my dad knows how I feel about his service and how I feel about the war he was involved in (and to me those are two separate feelings). We talk war and politics often. I know he'd be a-okay with the comparison because my dad's a very smart man, and he would get what I was saying, which was NOT calling him a terrorist.

Cathy-the same for McCain about what? Folks seem to want to tie Obama to things and events without proof. If anyone tries to do the same with McCain then yes, you should demand the same!

Jill, Obama's done a lot more than vote 'present'. OnTheIssues has some of the things he's voted for and supported. I'm looking at McCain's voting record and he has an awful lot of 'no votes', meaning he did not vote, in his record. Especially when it comes to budget, finance, and taxes. Interesting, IMO: http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53270

Listening to Sarah Palin (why oh why was Condi not picked??!!) speak today as if she was talking to kindergarteners... was just plain sad. She chit-chats about Ayers in her rather affected cutesy, chirpy way while the economy is teetering.. just feeding into the fearmongering that is pushing Americans waaaaay off the topic at hand. I would hope that is not deliberate - because if so - it is mind-boggling in its ignorance of what is going on. And if Americans lap that up and ignore the big issues....
default_no.gif
I watched the VP debates on CNN, and they had a live poll of undecided Ohio voters. Every time Palin tried to be 'cute' or used the word 'maverick', that line seemed to dip just a little. I think those kinds of things work for her fan base, but they aren't pulling in the undecided vote.

Lowrise -- Yes, Obama's done more than vote present even though he's done that a lot. He's also requested many millions in earmarks. And spent a lot of his term campaigning vs. serving his state as senator... I guess he just phones that in.

Can't wait for tonight!

Lowrise...I must say, of all this political discussions, what you said bothers me more than anything...

saying our vietnam vets are terriorists (especially your own father)......all I can say is WOW! Talk about disrespect and unappreciation. Our men and women of the military (current and past regardless of which war or military action) sacrifice so much for your freedom and it's disgusting that you are so unappreciative.
default_no.gif

Now that he has a son off to training before being shipped to Iran I can't help but wonder how Biden feels about the disrespect his running mate shows the military. I would imagine it's a pretty darned hard pill to swallow. Whether we agree with the war (or any war for that matter) our service members deserve our respect!! They aren't there because they want to be....but because they feel an obligation to do their part to maintain our country's freedom. I believe it's commonly called Patriotism.

As a Missourian I hate to say that that video was made at a school in Missouri. It was not done by Obama or his campaign committee members. The teacher who was responsible has been suspended and is possibly facing termination. Why? Because, despite 1st Amendment rights, teachers are not allowed to use their position to further a political candidate. I have to say that I personally find it very disturbing that it was done with such a militant flavor. BDU's and combat boots??? It would'nt have concerned me nearly as much if those young men had been in a tie and sport coat or even in jeans and a t-shirt.

I hope not too Mary Lou. I kinda think voters need to consider not voting for any current incumbent in the House and Senate. It's time to let them know we don't like the job they've done and are doing and the best way I know to do that is to send them home.

Oh Mary Lou I didn't intend my comment to sound partisan. I said any incumbent. There was no mention of party.

Now that he has a son off to training before being shipped to Iran I can't help but wonder how Biden feels about the disrespect his running mate shows the military. I would imagine it's a pretty darned hard pill to swallow. Whether we agree with the war (or any war for that matter) our service members deserve our respect!! They aren't there because they want to be....but because they feel an obligation to do their part to maintain our country's freedom. I believe it's commonly called Patriotism.
I second that! It bothers me.

As a Missourian I hate to say that that video was made at a school in Missouri. It was not done by Obama or his campaign committee members. The teacher who was responsible has been suspended and is possibly facing termination. Why? Because, despite 1st Amendment rights, teachers are not allowed to use their position to further a political candidate. I have to say that I personally find it very disturbing that it was done with such a militant flavor. BDU's and combat boots??? It would'nt have concerned me nearly as much if those young men had been in a tie and sport coat or even in jeans and a t-shirt.

YES! The militant behavior and the fact that adults keep having children do these type of "support" for a presidential candidate. I would even say this if someone has done it for McCain.

Lowrise...I must say, of all this political discussions, what you said bothers me more than anything...
saying our vietnam vets are terriorists (especially your own father)......all I can say is WOW! Talk about disrespect and unappreciation. Our men and women of the military (current and past regardless of which war or military action) sacrifice so much for your freedom and it's disgusting that you are so unappreciative.
default_no.gif
I think it's disgusting how out of context people take things.

One, I never said Vietnam vets were terrorists. Anywhere, ever. Furthermore I don't think I've ever said how I feel about vets or the Vietnam war in general. Yes, I made a sarcastic reply to someone accusing me of the same thing because it is easily one of the stupidest, most ridiculous things I've ever been accused of.

Now that he has a son off to training before being shipped to Iran I can't help but wonder how Biden feels about the disrespect his running mate shows the military.
What disrespect, specifically? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I do know a few veteran's groups seem to like Obama...

And my Vietnam vet 'terrorist'
default_rolleyes.gif
dad and soldier-to-be boyfriend are both strong Obama supporters.

One, I never said Vietnam vets were terrorists. Anywhere, ever. Furthermore I don't think I've ever said how I feel about vets or the Vietnam war in general. Yes, I made a sarcastic reply to someone accusing me of the same thing because it is easily one of the stupidest, most ridiculous things I've ever been accused of.

I can't make the quotes work on more than one statement. Please go back to page 6, Littlesteppers asked you "are you telling me a soldier is the same as a terrorist? Your answer was. Yes that is exactly what I'm telling you.

[SIZE=8pt]Can't stop now[/SIZE]
pip.gif
pip.gif
pip.gif

Group: Member

Member No.: 6630

[SIZE=8pt]
spacer.gif
[/SIZE]

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.
default_rolleyes.gif

Sorry for the 3 posts but I did want it in Lowrises words before it was taken off. She did say that soldiers are terrorists. That is the way I took her statement when she said Yes that is exactly what I am saying when asked if she was telling littlestepper she thought a soldier was the same as a terrorists.

Latest posts

Back