Fox News -- Fair & Balanced

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you really want to be informed, read this - http://fightthesmears.com/
Oh, now there's something that's not biased
default_rolleyes.gif
It says in huge letters "Join the OBAMA ACTION WIRE" and has a quote from Obama at the very top, and only attemps to explain away shady things that pertain to Obama -- that doesn't mean it's not a good source of unbiased "information"
default_wacko.png

Giving time for both sides to speak, and having fair and balanced reporters , are 2 entirely different things. FOX is biased, no doubt about it. Even national polls on who 'you' trust for news has them placed lower than other big networks. CNN was again, voted the best news source. From what I have seen, they have biased reporters as well, but they have a mix and they do show both sides.

Care to share your sources, Pep? Let me guess... you got it straight from CNN!!!
default_laugh.png

With as many pro-Democrat statements as I've heard on FOX and as few pro-Republican statements I've heard on CNN (one of the worst!), I think it's easy to see where you can hear about more than one side of things.

All morning I have heard that if the election was today Obama would win. McCain's own camp could only respond this morning on GMA with your correct at least the election is not today.

Seems like nerves are setting in and it is time to do and say whatever they can- desperation is apparent and does not bring out the best in those down home maverick folks.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
many of us feel Fox News does a good job of presenting both sides.
default_risa_suelos.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

You've got to kidding

Oh you must mean all Republicans feel that Fox News does a good job of presenting both sides.

A persons friends do not make the person who he/or she is.

A persons friends do not make the person who he/or she is.
First off I do disagree with this statement..show me your friends and I tell you who you are..

Second..how about business partners? If you send hundreds of thousend of dollars to a special business..does that mean you support it??
default_wacko.png

Lisa -- I think the McCain camp should have been hitting these issues about Obama hard long ago. This "maverick" supporter hopes to see some heavy hitting tomorrow night. It's over due.

Ashley -- No a person isn't the same as their friends, but when you choose a friend who is a former terrorist (Bill Ayers), choose as a spiritual and moral leader (for 2 decades) someone who is a hate spouting anti-American racist (Rev. Jeremiah Wright), and to work for an organization found guilty of voter fraud in several states (Acorn)... you know, I do think it speaks to your character and your morals. We do not associate closely with people who have radically different values than we do, and we sure don't pick them as our moral leader...

I personally think that who you maintain relationships with (Obama / former terrorist Bill Ayers), look up to as a spiritual mentor for two decades (Obama / the racist Rev. Jeremiah Wright), and who you work with (Obama / the guilty of voter fraud in many states, Acorn), does say a lot about your character and appropriateness to lead.
So because I have friends/family that are drug addicts, been in and out of prision(one for attempted murder) that automatically makes me just like them????

PLEASE

The fact that I'm shaking my head a bunch at what's being said speaks to the fact that they ARE telling both sides
default_risa_suelos.gif

Ashley, the next thing we will hear about that is "be very very scared" lol. Their logic is beyong me. Funny how McCain has some skeletons around too, much worse but nobody talks about those. The pitbull analogy used by Palin is a good one for many that republicans in here, they just don't know how to let go of things - most time not even factual but just trying to grasp at whatever they can.
default_yes.gif

When I think of Fox news I think of "Geraldo"
default_shutup.gif

Is that what I said, Ashley (give me a big PLEASE). I can think of ways where what you have outlined can be explained by specific circumstances.

Or maybe you said it for shock value? But it doesn't, and doesn't hold a candle to what is true of Obama's relationships.

I do not find friendship with a person guilty of terrorism against the USA, sitting in a pew for two decades listening to anti-American racism, nor cooperation with a group guilty of repeated voter fraud explainable. I sincerely do not.

Lipstick on a pig? Ha! Let's talk about fleas on a dog!!!

So because I have friends/family that are drug addicts, been in and out of prision(one for attempted murder) that automatically makes me just like them????
You do? If you have friends like this and YOU were running for President of the United States, you bet you would be scrutinized for who you fraternize with. But you know Obama has had more to do with these people "his friends" than a few drugs, who know about murder. He is on a much higher level than you are talking about.

but he is still human. I think people tend for get this when it comes to many higher up people or well known people.

Ashley, we are ALL human. Hitler was human, too. Does that mean he was a good leader? And, no... I'm not saying Obama has a lot in common with Hitler, but that there's a reason we should hold the potential leader of the greatest Nation on earth to a higher standard than we hold every day people who are not running for political office. Obama's shady relationships are only one reason I will not be casting a vote in his direction.

Well what is a "friend" if you meet somebody ..there is only a limited time you can talk about the weather..

I guess you need common intrests..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

friend (frnd)

n.

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.

3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.

5. Friend A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.

tr.v. friend·ed, friend·ing, friends Archaic

To befriend.

I (and I don't think any of you) know the extent of McCain's association (if it existed) with the Mafia. I agree that it's not good if there was one! BUT I've never heard anything about the mafia wanting to destroy the USA. Have you?

For those of you espousing the comparison it's just another attempt to divert attention by attacking the other side. Both campaigns are doing it so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that people here are doing it too. That kind of argument still doesn't explain or justify their actions/associations. Just because the person sitting next to me in church steals from the collection plate doesn't mean it's ok for me to do it too.

As far as questionable friendships are concerned I remember quite well my parents telling me that I would be judged by who my friends are. I'd be surprised if your parents didn't tell you the same thing.

I would sincerely appreciate it if you Obama supporters would honestly tell me how you can accept the fact that for 20 years he chose to listen to the bigotry and racial hate that his spiritual mentor preached. I know that when someone says something that I disagree with I don't return to listen to him every week for 20 years.

Since we are all aware of the economic crisis that faces us right now why would you consider voting for someone who's going to raise taxes rather than someone who says he's going to reduce government spending???? It's time to put personal likes and dislikes aside and start thinking about what the future holds.

If McCain's past associations were delved into as deeply as Obama's.... with the same vehemence that some show... you might be "suspect" of him as well.

I hate all this wasting time - yes, WASTING time - on who was associated with who in the past and then trying to twist who that person is today into some follower or caricature of that associate. Most public figures have "ties" if you look hard enough. Obama disavowed Rev. Wright. Fine - let's move forward...

That email essay quoted earlier? I loathe fearmongering of that sort. Many of the author's points have been disproved time and time again - but no matter. He wrote them - they must be true!!

So let's see... Ayers broke the law when Obama was a kid. He got out of trouble due to legal technicalities. They worked together decades later. Which obviously means they are in cahoots to bring down the country. NOT. Fine - move on...

McCain got careless, greedy and sloppy... and got caught up in the Keating 5... it's over and done - move on.

I know that when someone says something that I disagree with I don't return to listen to him every week for 20 years.
He did not sit there and listen to the Rev. every week for 20 years. But whatever.

Some close members of my family are vehement about their beliefs and very OTT on a variety of issues that go against what I believe... I have known them all my life - does that mean I have the same beliefs or prejudices that they do? NO. People think for themselves - just because I am closely associated with those family members does NOT mean that I support their beliefs or think as they do. Yet - the way some are talking here - that would not be the case. According to some posters, I would not be able to think for myself or sperate myself fomr all that - and would simply reiterate the same stuff that those family members do...

Well, that would be wrong. Very wrong.

I wish the media and campaigns would discuss REAL issues instead of circling around this old stuff like hyenas. The guilt by association thing gets shriller and more ridiculous and reeking of last minute desperation (from all sides) when all around us the economy is failing, there is a war going on... you know. REAL issues. The important stuff.

Jill referrred to the "filters" that McBunz might be seeing her news through... if she was pointing fingers at the Canadina networks that is pointless - as all of the US networks are carried on cable and satellite in Canada as well.

Fox News constantly assures us that they are fair and balanced... no other network makes any such claims. It's just advertising... Fair and balanced. If they were there would be no need to constantly advertise it - the fact that they trumpet that should make you stand back and revealuate But like the writer of that essay, they count on you not to do that. Not to check facts. Not to be suspicious. Not to ask questions. Just to accept that what they say is true.

We could say the same thing about a lot of the media.

IMO it is important to have a wide range of sources to get your information from and weigh them against each other. That is fair and balanced. When you stick to one source only, you only see things through their filters and buy into their slogans and advertising. Is that a balanced view then? No. Is it a fair appraisal of all sources? No.

I feel sorry for the the next POTUS. They are going to have to spend the next 4 years cleaning up this gawdawful mess that we are in....

Care to share your sources, Pep? Let me guess... you got it straight from CNN!!!
default_laugh.png

With as many pro-Democrat statements as I've heard on FOX and as few pro-Republican statements I've heard on CNN (one of the worst!), I think it's easy to see where you can hear about more than one side of things.
No Jill, its was on FOX. OF course it would have bene on CNN, I doubt that another news channel would show a National Poll that ranks another station above themselves. Were you that into running a zinger by me that you didnt think that out?

Yeah, Pep, I guess you've figured out my motive
default_laugh.png

Thanks for letting me know the source of the information. If CNN reported they're the most unbiased, well, then it must be true
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back