I usually don't post political topics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie P

Reaction score
Please keep all responses nice and be respective of others. I am not posting this to have a rude, disrespectful debate. I just received this in an email today and it made me think again.................Please know that I respect everyone's views and opinions and do not pass judgment should someones thoughts not mirror mine.

Happy Fathers Day to all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subj: FW: Where are his girl friends

Even I have a past and I'm a nobody

A SLEEPER AMONG US :

This is a very interesting article!

Obama: Where are his girl friends?????

Where are his girl friends????? Strange that none have popped up!!!!

Strange to the point of being down right WEIRD!

OK... this is past the 'birthers' questions.... this is just plain old

common sense, no political agendas for either side.

Just common knowledge for citizens of a country, especially American

citizens, who even know that Andrew Jackson's wife smoked a corn cob pipe

and was accused of adultery, or that Lincoln never went to school or

Kennedy wore a back brace or Truman played the piano.

We are Americans! We are known for our humanitarian interests and caring

for our 'fellow man.' We care, but none of us know one single humanizing

fact about the history of our own president.

Honestly, and this is a personal thing...but it's niggled at me for ages

that no one who ever dated him ever showed up. The simple fact of his

charisma, which caused the women to be drawn to him so obviously during

his campaign, looks like some lady would not have missed the opportunity.....

We all know about JFK's magnetism, McCain was no monk, Palin's courtship

and even her athletic prowess were probed. Biden's aneurisms are no

secret. Look at Cheney and Clinton--we all know about their heart

problems. How could I have left out Wild Bill before or during the White House?

Nope... not one lady has stepped up and said, "He was soooo shy," or

"What a great dancer!" Now look at the rest of this..... no classmates,

not even the recorder for the Columbia class notes ever heard of him.

I just don't know about this fellow.

Who was the best man at his wedding? Start there. Then check groomsmen.

Then get the footage of the graduation ceremony.

Has anyone talked to the professors? It is odd that no one is bragging

that they knew him or taught him or lived with him.

When did he meet Michele and how? Are there photos? Every president

gives to the public all their photos, etc. for their library. What has

he released?

And who in heck voted for him to be the most popular man in 2010?????

Does this make you wonder?

Ever wonder why no one ever came forward from Obama's past, saying they

knew him, attended school with him, was his friend, etc. ? Not one person

has ever come forward from his past.

VERY, VERY STRANGE… This should really be a cause for great concern. To

those who voted for him, you may have elected an unqualified, inexperienced

shadow man.

Did you see a picture called The Manchurian Candidate?

Let's face it. As insignificant as we all are... someone whom we went to

school with remembers our name or face ... someone remembers we were the

clown or the dork or the brain or the quiet one or the bully or something

about us.

George Stephanopoulos of ABC News said the same thing during the 2008

campaign. He questions why no one has acknowledged the president was in

their classroom or ate in the same cafeteria or made impromptu speeches

on campus. Stephanopoulos also was a classmate of Obama at Columbia--the

class of 1984. He says he never had a single class with him.

While he is such a great orator, why doesn't anyone in Obama's college

class remember him? And, why won't he allow Columbia to release his

records?

NOBODY REMEMBERS OBAMA AT COLUMBIA

Looking for evidence of Obama's past, Fox News contacted 400 Columbia

University students from the period when Obama claims to have been there,

but none remembered him. For example, Wayne Allyn Root was, like Obama,

a political science major at Columbia, who also graduated in 1983. In

2008, Root says of Obama, "I don't know a single person at Columbia that

knew him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew

Barack Obama at Columbia ... EVER!

Nobody recalls him. Root adds that he was also, like Obama, "Class of '83

political science, pre-law" and says, "You don't get more exact or closer

than that. Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him.."

At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, who was asked to

be the speaker of the class? Me. No one ever heard of Barack! And five

years ago, nobody even knew who he was. The guy who writes the class

notes, who's kind of the, as we say in New York, 'the macha' who knows

everybody, has yet to find a person, a human who ever met him."

Obama's photograph does not appear in the school's yearbook, and Obama

consistently declines requests to talk about his years at Columbia ,

provide school records, or provide the name of any former classmates or

friends while at Columbia ...

NOTE: Root graduated as valedictorian from his high school,

Thornton-Donovan School , then graduated from Columbia University in 1983

as a political science major in the same class in which Barack Hussein

Obama states he was.

Some other interesting questions…

Why was Obama's law license inactivated in 2002?

Why was Michelle's law license inactivated by court order?

It is circulating that according to the U.S. Census, there is only one

Barack Obama but 27 Social Security numbers and over 80 aliases.

WHAT!?

The Social Security number he uses now originated in Connecticut where he

is never reported to have lived.

No wonder all his records are sealed!

Please continue sending this out to everyone. Somewhere, someone had to

know him in school...before he "reorganized" Chicago and burst upon the

scene at the 2004 Democratic Convention and made us swoon with his charm,

poise, and speaking pizzazz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check here

While I know most people want to believe everything bad, I usually try to check them out. So here is what Snopes has to say for the other side if the story.

I'm sorry, but this is the funniest thing i've read yet. Good grief. How paranoid can people get?

I find it even more funny that his citizenship is under such scrutiny by the public when it would have had to go through heavy inspection by a bunch of 'agencies' (like the CIA for example) before he even became a candidate for presidency. Why do people think they know more about birth certificates and the presidents origins better than the people who were trained and have the resources to do so? Riddle me that one.

I think Obamas handling of the whole ordeal has been nothing but classy-he said pertaining to this very subject, "we are not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by side shows and carnival barkers". That's exactly all this email is-carnival barker.

I do appreciate the first part of your post Connie, but the only thing this email makes me feel is sadness that someone even started it.

Thanks for the post minimomNC. Interesting.

My philosphy is usually there are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between.

I very much respect each individuals opinions. :)

Law Licence

This addresses the Obama's Law Licence.

Connie P let me say that I am not posting these links in any way to say your wrong. I think its good that you posted the email and that I can show the other side and its a positive talk about what is in both posts. I truly believe that if people would talk and look at both sides more often, there would be less need to fight. While I am not deep into politics, I am not going to fight anyone over what I do or don't believe. If in your heart you believe what you believe, then thats wonderful. But its also wonderful that I believe in what I believe. Doesn't make either person wrong, makes us human.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Connie P let me say that I am not posting these links in any way to say your wrong. I think its good that you posted the email and that I can show the other side and its a positive talk about what is in both posts.
Exactly right... it is always wise to understand that 99% of those conspiracy-driven viral emails are not based on fact. They usually play to people's fears and assorted rumours and depend on no one bothering to check how true they are - and just passing it along as if it were true. Any/all of them should be treated with suspicion and be checked for FACTS. Something that the viral emailers never want you to do - and/or do not care about.

I doubt if many remember me from one college I was at. Maybe no one. I worked hard and kept to myself. I was not into any of the social aspects of that life. So I guess it could easily be said that I made it all up as well...
default_rolleyes.gif

The Social Security number he uses now originated in Connecticut where heis never reported to have lived.
Not true in any way. Here is snopes' review of just one of the many SSN "scandals" that viral emails try to make you believe. SSN number

It is circulating that according to the U.S. Census, there is only oneBarack Obama but 27 Social Security numbers and over 80 aliases.
Hmmmm. Another version of this email I saw said there were 80 Social Security numbers and 25 aliases. Beware of anything that starts with phrases like "it is circulating..." or "they say that" or phrases to that effect. The original writer knows that what they are presenting is nonsense - but couches it in such a way that may suggest it is real in some way. Plus others may add to that email along the way.

If any of that lame ^ SSN stuff was even remotely true, the McCain/Palin campaign would have found it out and used it - and rightly so. They could find nothing like that and did not use that info - because there was no truth to it whatsoever. Plus, as ohmt pointed out, the CIA and other agencies check into everyone's credentials - how can they have missed something that obvious that some emailer "discovered'?
default_wink.png

Both snopes and Politifact are bi-partisan and examine things about all "sides". They are good places to check things out.

I very much respect each individuals opinions. :)
That is the way to have a good, balanced discussion, Connie P.
default_aktion033.gif

I would not worry about viral emails, though. Anything without links provided that verify what is said is just trying to mess with you and does not care about truth or facts. As I said, they depend on you not checking it out...
default_yes.gif
...let alone discussing it like this!

Also there was an interview with Michelle Obama on tv that talked all about how they met, dated etc.

This is NOT true.

A coworker of my husband went to high school with "Barry" Obama and brought her yearbook, complete with his photos, to work with her.

I, too, respect the opinions of others, but we need to base our opinions on fact, not rumor.

While I trust you and believe you Connie that you don’t intend to offend anyone or pass judgment because someone’s opinion doesn’t mirror yours, that is exactly what you are doing. You have forwarded and help spread completely untrue words about a person because his opinion doesn’t mirror yours. The information is readily available to disprove what was written and anyone who is looking at it in an unbiased light would find it easily. I am not saying this to attack anyone or make anyone a democrat, but to make everyone really think about their actions and what they are doing and saying. There are evil people and ideas in this world that have no power if they don’t have support behind them. The majority of people are good and honest and would never knowingly support them, so things like this email and other jokes that seem harmless are used. They get people to pick sides based on rumors and lies. There are so many real issues that could be discussed, but this constant focus on irrelevant lies and fear mongering are an insult to all of us.

While the idea that there are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between is often true and a nice politically correct statement, it does not always apply, a lie is a lie.

When it comes to Obama and where is his this or where is his that... Where's his ability to lead??? Hope & Change wasn't all it was cracked up to be, huh? Seems to me that while nothing has improved, many very important things have gotten much worse. I can't wait to vote next fall.

248799_10150199559123155_522573154_7086680_6876589_n.jpg

I really like taking a look at both sides and am very appreciative of the opposing side of the email that I received. Although I am not an Obama supporter, once again I do respect all opinions and like to look at every side of an issue.

Andi I did not post this to help spread untrue words. I posted it for a nice talk about what is true and untrue and minimom posted the opposing side in a very kind way.

I do not believe everything I read. I like to read all sides and then form my own opinion.
default_smile.png
Please know that I am not being nasty. I appreciate your thoughts also. :) Just having some back issues today and reading a little politics.

I never said the email was true. :) Just said I wanted to share an email that I received. Maybe I should have made myself a little clearer about the mirrored thoughts. Like I said I am not an Obama supporter, but it wasn't based on this email.

Thanks tagalong. I really was just looking for a nice balanced discussion. I do realized alot of emails are viral.
default_smile.png

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day! And thank you for keeping the discussion low key and informative. I really have enjoyed taking a look at all the facts and have changed my initial opinion of what I read earlier on this particular topic in the email. I forget about snopes. I should know to check there first!
default_yes.gif

Anyone can and will write anything and send it! During the Clinton terms I received e-mails telling me about how much money Hillary was spending, all rumors. Then during the last Bush years more e-mails about how much Mrs. Bush was spending on stupid things like hairdressers, etc. It is and was all rumors. Now I receive e-mails about our sitting President and his wife, all rumors. Seems to me you can't beleive all that is written until you follow up and get the facts, for yourself. Politics anymore is a mute subject for me.

Anyone can and will write anything and send it! During the Clinton terms I received e-mails telling me about how much money Hillary was spending, all rumors. Then during the last Bush years more e-mails about how much Mrs. Bush was spending on stupid things like hairdressers, etc. It is and was all rumors. Now I receive e-mails about our sitting President and his wife, all rumors. Seems to me you can't beleive all that is written until you follow up and get the facts, for yourself. Politics anymore is a mute subject for me.
The bad news about our economy and the high unemployment numbers aren't rumors.

250264_10150180479593155_522573154_6900085_2526994_n.jpg

260190_10150287333247474_671252473_9152908_4537862_n.jpg

And then you look at the full picture instead of just one time and the price went up and down several years before as well as after. So one price doesn't always show the entire scope of things.

I don't think all that "HOPE & CHANGE" is filling many gas tanks or going too far at the grocery store these days.

Here's a measure of the first 2 years of our current one-term president... a pretty "full" picture, and 6mos out from the picture below, it's even worse:

216859_10150150010498155_522573154_6627511_3591093_n.jpg

hmm. looks like Bush so far had the highest gas and then right before elections were over the gas dropped the lowest. LOL

I never mentioned Hope & change, all I did was show the other side of that one price in 2008.

But I do have one questions Jill, if Republicans ruled the earth, would gas still be at $1.61?

I never mentioned Hope & change, all I did was show the other side of that one price in 2008.

But I do have one questions Jill, if Republicans ruled the earth, would gas still be at $1.61?
Well, I don't expect too many Obama voters to mention "Hope & Change" these days, Karen. It makes them look silly.

I didn't realize the GOP was out to rule the world. Maybe you're on a more inside track than I am.

If the GOP wins in 2012, I think we will have a much brighter economic future than the reality of Obamanomics (a/k/a trickle up poverty) can provide. For example, if Perry from TX runs and gets the nomination, maybe he can do for the Nation what he did for his state. TX created more new jobs than any other state, and by a long shot. In fact, 37% of all new jobs in our Nation were created in TX. Our Nation could use a common sense conservative with that type of talent!

Like I've asked before, what's better now than it was two and a half years ago? And what's worse?

180524_10150091899703155_522573154_6265961_3931943_n.jpg

You have no idea how I voted, are you sure I voted for Obama, have you read anywhere who I voted for?

You have no idea how I voted, are you sure I voted for Obama, have you read anywhere who I voted for?
I really don't know if you even bothered to vote, Karen, but if you did, I've got a hunch. Does it matter what I think? Shouldn't.

Back