FOX 4 Kansas City TV link

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks- I see the station has a phone number- 1 866 FOX4NOW

Ah, ok, I sent the station a message on line from that website with the video, thanking them for airing what they did- certainly dont want them discouraged. I begged them not to let this drop and to please get to the truth. Do you think any vet would have been called if CMHR and everyone had not raised such a stink about all this?

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: That's great this story made it to the news...hopefully this will keep the momentum going!

Sorry, I'm not impressed with the way the story was done. It made Trembly look like a sad man that was being picked on by a rescue group. After all the vet said, "she had some concerns", and the sheriffs office is staying on top of things.

That is going to make people believe that everything is under control by the proper authorities, when its those authorities that have ignored the situation.

Why didn't they show ALL the pictures instead of just the one? Then show a little old man petting his beloved animals with video of just their heads getting drinks of water.

Disappointed,

Robin

I am glad to see that this has finally hit TV news, however, i'm with others that I am disgusted at what angle this situation was taken at....they showed the young foal but didn't show the close up of the foals missing eye...they did show a few skinny horses but the distant views of the pasture showed a number of horses but not close enough to see conditions. It seemed to me that they picked out more of the better off mini's - who still had backbones and hips sticking out but not the worst - for the video. They did show them drinking clean water which I am sure was just filled before that capture was taken...and the clip of the man standing by a mini saying he loves them, they are his life, he's petting a rather healthy mini yet anyone else notice the bones sticking out of the mini just to the right of them? (his left)....disgusts me...

I also was disgusted to hear the vet say "some" concerns...are you kidding me? That whole place is one huge concern! Crap laying all over the pasture that the horses can cut themselves on...rusted crap that can cause gangrene...NO food...NO clean water...duh people are you all too stupid to see? (talking of the local people...)

The man I rescued my colt from was very similar...loved the horses to death but he admitted he didn't know how to accurately feed the horses so with a little guidance, he put them on a better feed program. This man in Kansas sounds like he KNOWS his horses are skinny and we all KNOW this doesn't happen overnight! (where's that bashing emoticon)

disgust disgust disgust that NO ONE seems to care enough to lend a helping hand...sheriffs...vets...they all are sucking!

My local FOX affaliate and I have to say I am disappointed in theiir coverage, very watered down. At least they have brought it to the forefront that we have a major problem here. The local CBS affaliate, KCTV5, seems to have the most aggressive investigative reporters, but they evidently don't find this as a worthy story. Maybe it is the distance from KC to Uniontown. Yes Uniontown, not Unionville. Please try to remember the name of the town. It seems that when we have had animal abuse issues near the KC metro area they are right on it, and they seem to travel away from the area if it concerns puppy mills. Probably because many more persons have dogs than horses.

Did you wonder why the sheriff that is on top of things was not interviewed by channel 4?

Just don't let this go away.

I just wrote to my local Fox news channel asking them to help support this as well by airing a BETTER news coverage...hopefully they will.

:aktion033: :aktion033: YAY for FOX!!!! That was AWESOME! It was apparent what was going on at that dismal heck hole of a farm from the way it was shot.

Here is the letter I wrote to Fox 4:

Thank you so very much for bringing the story of Trembly Tiny Trails to the public awareness. There is a bigger story here that has not even come to light. Mr. Trembly certainly should have the money to pay for a vet for these poor little Miniature Horses. He has been the reported recipient of nearly $100,000 in Farm Subsidy FEDERAL money over the past several years. How does this happen? You may want to look into THAT side of the story.

I really do thank you for being on the side of the horses. What is happening at that farm is a true tragedy, and a dark stain on the human race each day that passes with no action.

Sincerely,

Amy Lacy

an outraged United States Taxpayer

Too little, too late.

What a dear old man, now isn't he???

How could we possibly accuse this dear old man of cruelty and neglect?? :eek:

How could he stand there- how COULD he??

How could he stand there well fed and able to drive away form it and not see the painfully thin animals around him- the thin mare about to foal- surely Kansas is going into Winter too- what on earth are foals being born at this time of year for???

How could that hypocrite stand there with his animals knee deep in mud and with not one BLADE of grass or hay to eat- I do not know what they were eating out of that half oil drum but it was not hay- none, not a blade in evidence.

Hanging id too good for him.

Please keep this in perspective- this "dear old frail man" is a few years older than me- that is all!!!!!

It makes me want to scream, it really does :no:

I am not good at drafting things but I think that Robin & Co at CNN.com would be great ones to send the video above to. Perhaps someone involved in this from the beginning could email her on News and Tips page? She appears to me to be someone who could get this national attention. I think that is where this needs to go from here.

Latest posts

Back