Fox news is no better than the lying trash tabloids...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:DOH! Shut up, Danielle!

That's it, cut her mic...
default_please.gif
she's making entirely too much sense!

default_wub.png
ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Through Wednesday, Fox was averaging 2.73 million prime-time viewers in March. MSNBC had 1.16 million and CNN had 1.14 million.

Danielle_E. said:
Fox is very very popular with republicans...
So what are the democrats watching? American Idol?
default_biggrin.png

Hey Jill...watch it I watch American Idol...oh wait I dvr Idol so I can watch Fox on teus and wed nights...lol

Through Wednesday, Fox was averaging 2.73 million prime-time viewers in March. MSNBC had 1.16 million and CNN had 1.14 million.

Danielle_E. said:
Fox is very very popular with republicans...
So what are the democrats watching? American Idol?
default_biggrin.png

I, for one, am not watching anything as we do not have a TV.

United States population estimate as of July, 2009: 307,212,123

0-14 years: 20.2% (male 31,639,127/female 30,305,704)

15-64 years: 67% (male 102,665,043/female 103,129,321)

65 years and over: 12.8% (male 16,901,232/female 22,571,696) (2009 est.)

Looks like some of them are probably watching Sesame Street:

I'm usually watching The Daily Show or Olbermann-they're about as unbiased as O Rly, so it's almost purely for entertainment purposes.

And we're okay with Stalker Journalism? I'm just checking, because I thought it was pretty appalling.

LowriseMinis said:
I'm usually watching The Daily Show or Olbermann-they're about as unbiased as O Rly, so it's almost purely for entertainment purposes.
And we're okay with Stalker Journalism? I'm just checking, because I thought it was pretty appalling.
Lowrise, I didn't click the link you or someone else shared about "stalker journalism". It just didn't interest me
meeting.gif

It's good to know that the LB Demographic trend in the poll you and I remember didn't skew anything away from the National trend when it comes to Fox's viewership. "Our" results here were completely in line with the Nation as a whole
clapping.gif

We all know FOX the most popular TV news source in the USA and you have to figure there are some good reasons
wink.gif

As I said before, I love and appreciate FOX News. However, you don't have to love it with me. You can keep watching the Daily Show
ok.gif

Lowrise, I didn't click the link you or someone else shared about "stalker journalism". It just didn't interest me
Okay, that's fine. But I copy/pasted some of the info because I know how troublesome clicking on links can be. O'Reilly sent one of his guys out to follow this woman. They followed her from her house for TWO HOURS, and then ambushed her as soon as she stepped out of her car.

No one at Fox is denying this, and in fact they've already used portions of this "interview". So not only did they do this, but they're absolutely not ashamed about it. Last I heard UPS pulled their sponsorship from The O RLY Factor and others were considering it.

If that's the kind of journalism you support, fine. It's just one more reason for me to avoid Faux Noise.

I hope no Americans here took offence at me posting the satire show we have with Rick Mercer. I know darn well that the majority of Americans are well informed.

Before I sign off totally on this topic I would ask you to please watch this video and perhaps it will explain why Canadians reacted the way they did to these bafoons making fun of our military at this juncture in time. The timing is what is bad and makes their comments so crass and ignorant.

I am happy though that one of your stations (news) did make this report early because it may explain why the uproar by millions in Canada. I have family (my mom's brother) who is American so please don't think that I have less respect for any of you, I don't. I have to admit I can't respect though an individual who thinks this was comical at this time in our history. If we weren't in Afghanistan and trying to help in the war against Bin Laden and the Taliban(9/11) then that would be fine, but our men and women are trying to help the U.S. and other countries, including our own, be safer for us and our children and the generations to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1R8qLAmkLU&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEsJB80R2TM...feature=related

Well let UPS Leave if they want to. If they want to give up the number one cable news station and especially the highly rated Bill O Reilly show so be I am sure others will be begging at the door to be on such a large audience show in high viewership as that. More then twice the amount of folks that watch those other 2 stations. And Why is Bill's show so high in the ratings because he gave up his radio show to spend more time on the TV show.~! And WHO do you think took over Bill's spot on the radio??? My good friend Fred Thompson~!!

[SIZE=12pt]Guess it just goes to show the types of MORONS these networks hire. Do they really think that kind of insulting drivel is appreciated by anyone. That anyone would fine THAT entertaining. How insulting and ignorant.Good Lord
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

Joy

Well let UPS Leave if they want to. If they want to give up the number one cable news station and especially the highly rated Bill O Reilly show so be I am sure others will be begging at the door to be on such a large audience show in high viewership as that. More then twice the amount of folks that watch those other 2 stations. And Why is Bill's show so high in the ratings because he gave up his radio show to spend more time on the TV show.~! And WHO do you think took over Bill's spot on the radio??? My good friend Fred Thompson~!!
I'm just clarifying. You're saying it is perfectly acceptable for O RLY to send his people out to follow a civilian woman for TWO HOURS and then ambush her and bully her into an interview as soon as she step out of her car?

Lowrise, I cannot speak for minifancier but personally -- when I feel like watching Bill O'Reilly, I will continue to do so. The only time "stalker media" has or will cross my mind is when I see you've typed the phrase. FOX News is the number one tv news source and Bill O'Reilly's show is extremely popular. I don't see any of that changing, in particular as times go on and more people look for something better than the left wing, single sided, main stream media. The only thing this thread changed in my life is that I added a "season pass" to my TIVO to start recording Red Eye so when I'm in the mood to watch it, I can.

It's good to know that the LB Demographic trend in the poll you and I remember didn't skew anything away from the National trend when it comes to Fox's viewership. "Our" results here were completely in line with the Nation as a whole
Jill - you are skewing the results in your head to meet what you wanted it to show, though. It actually does not show that at all. I'll repost what I said earlier....

Truth of that poll - only 67 people voted. 43.28 % of them voted for Fox News so round it up to 29. Many had already turned away from those threads. So everyone else who bothered to even take part in the poll voted for a variety of sources that they preferred - and that was the majority opinion. 38 people voted not for Fox News - but for some other source. And often noted that they used multiple sources.

So actually, no - Fox News is not watched by the majority of Americans. A greater percentage of viewers look elsewhere for their news. It may just not be from one source. Which is far more of a balanced outlook.

If you are NOT going to actually watch some of the tactics O'Reilly has used - and always will - and is proud of... well, saying it does not interest you is a bit of a cop out. Like - if you do not acknowledge it, it will just go away or it must not be so. That is simply sticking your head in the sand. It is a side of Fox News that you have decided to ignore, I guess. It's like wearing blinders with a very tight over-check.

O'Reilly has never been about actual news - even when he was on Inside Edition. He is mainly about - O'Reilly. Shouting down and talking over his guests... ambushing, shrilly howling at them to shut up... that seems to be his preferred tone of late - and not a show that is thoughtful and interesting. That does managee to happen upon occasion - somehow. Most of it is about his inflated ego - and talking out of both sides of his mouth at once. He will say something to get a rise out of people - and then contradict himself later... he is actually a lot funnier at times than the Red Eye show... only Red Eye is trying to be funny, Bill isn't. Even though he cracks me up...

Bill - the champion of free speech - warning callers to his show about what will happen to them if they say anything he does not like... he has used variations of this line many times. Often delivered at the top of his lungs.

"When you call us, ladies and gentlemen, just so you know, we do have your phone number, and if you say anything untoward, obscene, or anything like that, Fox security will then contact your local authorities, and you will be held accountable."

Yep - the Fox thought police will hunt you down. You will be "held accountable" if you do not agree with him.
default_laugh.png

In front of a largely black audience at a charity event where the entertainment, a black singing group called the Best Men were late...

"Does anyone know where the Best Men are? I hope they're not in the parking lot stealing our hubcaps."

That went over reeeeally well, as you can imagine.

Anyway - I think Fox should cancel Red Eye and rerun O'Reilly then - far more entertaining...

And the sexual harrassment suit a Fox producer filed against him - and what he had said to her - will always make me look at falafel suspiciously.... ick.

I will not quote that garbage here... but you can google it...
default_no.gif
unless you prefer the blinders and overcheck approach.

Tag, I had very little influence over these (massive) numbers and no ability to skew them
default_biggrin.png

Date -- March 27, 2009:

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Source: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=359...fid=100055&[/SIZE]

In my opinion, beating BOTH of your primary competitors' results when they're added together is substantially meaningful. And I think it's pretty neat that our little poll here on LB so accurately measured the pulse of the Nation as a whole when it comes to the best source for news on TV!

I have pointed out in the past that many members have several accounts. So those people can vote many times. So I really dont think you can really count on what that poll showed

Kay

In my opinion, beating BOTH of your primary competitors results when they're added together is substantially meaningful. And I think it's pretty neat that our little poll here on LB so accurately measured the pulse of the Nation as a whole when it comes to the best source for news on TV!
Bolding mine.

Jill - that may be your opinion - but that is NOT what that means.... and that is definitely not what that little LB poll showed.

The majority opinion on your LB poll (that you are ignoring) was that people looked anywhere but Fox for their news. You did not have a "many sources" choice so they just had to pick one when that may not have been the correct answer. I know it wasn't for me. Those are your numbers - there for all to see. And that national poll went the same way. CNN and MSNBC are pretty close to the same views so as you said - add them together - 2.30 million. And then consider the additional sources that were not mentioned. It is NOT a coronation of Fox News as The Best/Only Source as you insist... ratings twist in the wind anyway. They change as often as the weather does at times... and a difference of .4 million can happen during a commercial break..

BTW - by ratings standards all those numbers really stink. A sitcom that pulled such low numbers would get axed quickly...
default_wink.png

Let's ask Bill. He always claims that his show - and Fox News - are a No Spin Zone. Yep - and I have oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you....
default_wink.png

I have pointed out in the past that many members have several accounts. So those people can vote many times. So I really dont think you can really count on what that poll showed

Kay
I guess someone might want to set up a dozen LB accounts just to make FOX look real popular on LB (... really?), but sorta doubt that MSN is skewing their and CNN's results at such a huge loss to FOX's because they're trying to impress anyone
default_biggrin.png
And wonder of wonders, the LB poll, unscientific as it was, really mirrored these actual national numbers -- so based on the LB poll mirroring something that is not in debate, I do think I can count what the LB poll showed as accurately depicting the LB member's viewership
default_smile.png

Date -- March 27, 2009:

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Source: http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=359...fid=100055&[/SIZE]

And wonder of wonders, the LB poll, unscientific as it was, really mirrored these actual national numbers -- so based on the LB poll mirroring something that is not in debate, I do think I can count what the LB poll showed as accurately depicting the LB member's viewership.
I have no issues with that - but you keep ignoring what that poll actually told you... as I noted in my last post.
default_no.gif

BTW again - what you keep quoting is the ratings for a time period - not an actual poll. The vast majority of Americans were not watching any news channel.

Off to the barn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back