Sean Hannity of Hannity & Holmes Fox News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I respect anyones choice to vote for whom they please... I do not respect the promotion of fear tactics, hatred and I do not respect

unfairness of any sort.. be it in politics or life in general..

Very true, Lowrise. Hannity is about as fair and balanced as Keith Olbermann is... NOT.

A few in these threads have fallen all over themselves to condemn and sneer and scoff at the opinions of others. They have even
default_new_rofl.gif
at the facts. They find the rest of us who ask questions and may have differing opinions to be a real riot -
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
... or so they say.

I have said from the start that both sides have made mistakes. That both candidates flip-flop and embellish... that BOTH sides have those issues. Imagine that!

Factcheck - you know - that non-partisan fact checking place - has a new entry about the latest McCain Ayers ad....

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he...bill_ayers.html

Perhaps Sean Hannity could set aside his fist-pounding, red in the face rhetoric to read it - and see what his "facts" amount to.

Keith Olbermann could take a stroll through factcheck as well... a lot of his "facts" could use some major tweaking...
default_no.gif

Some highlights from that link:

McCain says in an Internet ad that the two "ran a radical 'education' foundation" in Chicago. But the supposedly "radical" group was supported by a Republican governor and included on its board prominent local civic leaders, including one former Nixon administration official who has given $1,500 to McCain's campaign this year. Education Week says the group's work "reflected mainstream thinking" among school reformers. The group was the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, started by a $49 million grant from the Annenberg Foundation, which was established by the publisher Walter Annenberg, a prominent Republican whose widow, Leonore, is a contributor to the McCain campaign.
(FactCheck.org, which is nonpartisan, also receives funding from the Annenberg Foundation. But we are in no way connected to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which finished its work long before we came into being in late 2003.)

The first to begin using the new line of attack against Obama was McCain's running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin, after a lengthy article appeared Oct. 3 in the New York Times about Obama and Ayers:
Palin, Oct. 5: Our opponents see America as imperfect enough to pal around with terrorists who would bomb their own country.

She's repeated the charge again and again at different campaign stops since then, citing the Times. What the Times article actually says, however, is this: "The two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers." The Times says its review of documents and interviews with key players "suggest" that Obama "has played down his contacts with Ayers," but describes their paths as having crossed "sporadically" since their first meeting in 1995.
There is a lot of info there - and everything is covered in depth with links to previous reports on the same topic....

The facts are always out there... if you look. The problem is, politicians count on you not to be bothered with the facts - and just take what they say at face value. And yes - that applies to BOTH sides...

Be smarter than the campaigns think you are. Check the facts...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching and gotta admit I was tempted to turn it off a few times during the first half. I have a real hard time getting anything out of it when 4 people are all talking at the same time. But I thought his interview with Senator McCain and Gov Palin was very good. I seem to be on the same page they are about a lot of the issues they discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back