Fox news is no better than the lying trash tabloids...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to the barn...
You and me both
thumbup.gif

And as far as I'm concerned, continuing to support a show after they sent out people to stalk someone for two hours is the same as condoning that activity. Not that I was a viewer anyway, but I don't see how someone could not be appalled by this.

I guess it's okay as long as it's 'your guy'.

I guess someone might want to set up a dozen LB accounts just to make FOX look real popular on LB (... really?),
no jill i never said or implied that they did it to skew a poll on fox news. but it is a fact that many members on here have different accounts with different names. I do not---- but know many that have a lot of accounts. Which is no big deal but it can really mess up a poll.

I guess someone might want to set up a dozen LB accounts just to make FOX look real popular on LB (... really?),
no jill i never said or implied that they did it to skew a poll on fox news. but it is a fact that many members on here have different accounts with different names. I do not---- but know many that have a lot of accounts. Which is no big deal but it can really mess up a poll.

Hmmmm. Very interesting
default_unsure.png

kaykay said:
... but it is a fact that many members on here have different accounts with different names. I do not---- but know many that have a lot of accounts...
That's interesting, Kay. How do you know many LB members have various profiles and names?
default_unsure.png

It would be really intersting to learn how you can check out who is who and who and that person too
default_smile.png

I know I have my one account, and Harvey has his... I use mine more than he uses his though
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Again I am not saying there is anything wrong with having several accounts. To each their own! But I know one person I talked to said they had 4 and this was long before the fox poll LOL. And many others have personally told me that they have several accounts. Also most of us have seen right here on the back porch people accidentally post with a different name and explain that they have a couple different names. I believe that was on some of the political threads when that happened.

Its not a big deal. But it would definitely make a poll unreliable.

kaykay said:
But I know one person I talked to said they had 4 and this was long before the fox poll LOL. And many others have personally told me that they have several accounts.
Well, that's really odd but interesting. I do sort of care if someone is pretending to be more than one person and communicating with me as both, but "whatever"... I've not known it might be going and of course we're all probably wondering which of your friends have been confessing it to you
indifferent0014.gif

However, multiple LB accounts wouldn't account for the fact that the March viewership of FOX News was more than twice that of the two closest competitors -- as reported by MSN on 3/27/09. So again, the LB poll and what's actually happening in the Nation match up
default_yes.gif

So again, the LB poll and what's actually happening in the Nation match up
Saying it over and over again does not make it so. The numbers that you collected prove that. The facts.
default_no.gif

The LB poll showed that the majority watched anything OTHER than Fox. 67 votes. 29 watched only Fox. 38 watched an assortment of other sources.

You tell me what those numbers say - But I suspect you do not even actually read what I post and just brush past in disdain.

And the ratings for that period (not a poll asking anyone what they would watch for news) showed that Fox had a good viewership - but it was not a runaway and complete endorsement as you insist. It winds up very close when you put the two similar sources (CNN and MSNBC) together. The facts there are that most Americans were not watching any news at all.

But I understand that spin will always be how wonderful Fox is. Questionable journalism and support of bullying egotistical blowhards like O'Reilly not withstanding...
default_wink.png

And some of us occasionally watch Fox just to see what is going on.... not in unwavering support. Bill is usually good for a headscratch - and often a laugh or two at the complete outrageousness of it all. I tend to think that some of his schtick is an act...

Well, that's really odd but interesting. I do sort of care if someone is pretending to be more than one person and communicating with me as both, but "whatever"... I've not known it might be going and of course we're all probably wondering which of your friends have been confessing it to you
Once again you are making way more out of it then what I said. I never said anyone was pretending to be someone else. And no where did I say they were "friends" of mine. Please do not put words in my mouth. People have different reasons for wanting several accounts and like I said to each their own. I only have one. If its so important to you---- go look back through the old political threads LOL.
default_laugh.png

Kay, As looooooooong as those threads get, it might be like finding a needle in a haystack. But if I get time later this week (between running the business, studying and fooling with those four legged wonders...), I might have a browse
default_yes.gif

Sorry to have assumed that the people who told you their "secrets" were friends of yours
smile2.gif

However, multiple LB accounts wouldn't account for the fact that the March viewership of FOX News was more than twice that of the two closest competitors -- as reported by MSN on 3/27/09. So again, the LB poll and what's actually happening in the Nation match up
default_yes.gif
Theres the rub. Just because someone watches, doesnt mean they find it trustworthy. I have recently watched Rush, basically to see if he was as much an idiot as I thought , but I digress. Watching and thinking it trustworthy, are 2 different things. Guess thats why polls are worded specific ways.

Ladies.... Luv you all but really now...
default_deadhorse2.gif
default_giveup.gif
default_giveup.gif
default_giveup.gif
default_please.gif

remember they make remote controls you do not have to watch anything you find offensive or untrustworthy
default_wink.png

default_yes.gif
Theres the rub. Just because someone watches, doesnt mean they find it trustworthy. I have recently watched Rush, basically to see if he was as much an idiot as I thought , but I digress. Watching and thinking it trustworthy, are 2 different things. Guess thats why polls are worded specific ways.
So you figure that FOX News is the number one source for TV news because the people who made it the most poopular think it's untrustworthy?
ok.gif

I don't usually tune in the news for entertainment value, but who knows... maybe some do
meeting.gif

kaykay said:
But I know one person I talked to said they had 4 and this was long before the fox poll LOL. And many others have personally told me that they have several accounts.
indifferent0014.gif

default_yes.gif
Well I NEVER Voted on the LB poll about fox news and yet I support and watch Fox News as I have Fox News on TV right now.~!

So if there are more people out there like me the FOX News Poll on LB Would be even Higher yet in Numbers~!

And may be very close to that National ratings of Twice as Many Listen to FOX News then those other 2 news stations combined. And forget about Multiple accounts on LB that doesn't even hold water.~!

So the poll that was posted earlier, didnt ask or state how many people were watching FOX , but was asking what station they found the most trustworthy? Sorry, I thought it asked what people were watching. Which can be 2 totally different things. I watch FOX at times, but dont find it all that trustworthy or unbiased would be a better word.

I too feel that Fox news is the least bias of all the news stations. But frankly, I hate listening to any of the news stations anymore,(including local ones) as everything is negative. I would rather go on line and read just what I need to know and try and avoid all of the newscasters opinions and negativeness.

As for these IDIOTS!! Shame on them!!! There are always jerks acting like jerks to try and sell something. Shock Jocks are what they are called. Like Howard Stern. Problem is, too many people like them and think it is funny to put people or a country down. Sure makes Amerians look like jerks.

Watching Bill O'Reilly on the View...

He said the reason they are number one, because of the free give aways.

Been on for 12 and half years, and the View he said started the same time for 12 years.
default_wink.png

I'm just now catching up with this thread and reading your opinions for the first time, Jill. I see some others have already expressed theirs in reply, and perhaps it's been beaten to death in the upcoming pages I have yet to read, but I will take the liberty of expressing my opinion, too.

You are quite correct, obviously, that your opinion wasn't a popular one, and God knows you're entitled to it. I believe those who have died for our countries have made that possible for all of us. I do wish, though, that once you expressed your opinion you would have left it at that and perhaps even left the thread, rather than continuing to offend others. Your comments are equally as hurtful and distasteful to me as the skit on that Fox program. I do agree with you about considering the source, but that does not excuse their behavious or comments. You say things don't really offend you unless you feel they hit too close to home. If verbally attacking one's military even, or especially, in jest at, coincidentally, the time that four of their soldiers have just been killed, doesn't hit too close to home, I wonder what does. I don't really, because I don't care.

Be as shocked as you'd like to be. I'm not going to go with the flow and act like something appalls me when it didn't. You can pretty much count on me to give my opinion (popular or not) when others are giving theirs. Last I checked, I wasn't running for class office.
How would I feel if the same were said about the USA? I wouldn't be offended because what was said is too far and away removed from what is true or what is thought to be realistic about the USA to be offensive. Things don't really offend me unless I feel they either hit too close to home or that a number of people will think it is true. Honestly, the theme they touched on regarding Canada is one I've seen discussed in much the same way on many similar shows as well as in comedy programs. Note the theme hardly revolved around the plight of individual Canadian soldiers and part of what was otherwise said was funny to me.

If you cannot consider the source, a late night commentary program that often features the likes of comedian Jim Norton (who I also find funny... shocking? who cares...) and then be surprised that you were able to find some potentially offensive material was aired is like watching Jerry Springer and being alarmed that there are a bunch of rednecks on stage (my half hearted apologies to any forum member who has been a guest on the Jerry Springer Show).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back