Where Do You Get Your TV / Radio News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where Do You Get Most Of Your TV / Radio News

• CNN

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • HLN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FOX

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • MSNBC

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • CNBC

• NPR

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • NBC

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • CBS

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • ABC

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • The Daily Show (Comedy Central's program)

• Other (feel free to elaborate)

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
Fairness Doctrine
Realizing, always, that the Fairness Doctrine would require that TV and Radio give equal time to left leaning commentary and opinion programing which have always drawn such poor ratings that stations can't sell commercial time on them. The free market system works and it is just.

Also, it's a shame when people are unable to distinquish between opinion programming, such as Glenn Beck, The View, and Hardball, and the actual news coverage. Two completely different things. Are the OPINION programs on FOX right leaning. Yes. Is the NEWS Fair and Balanced? Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO anyone who would consider Jon Stewart or the Daily Show as "news".....
default_no.gif
Well, gag me.
I agree! But in the past, we have had those here who argued it was where they got much of their news and I read a statisic back then that it was, unfortunately, the case with a measureable number of people. I'm happy it's not gotten any "news source" votes yet on LB!
default_biggrin.png

I'm with you there ML! Even at school we are not allowed to used fox or huffington post for any sort of reference for assignments. If an assignment is politically based, multiple references must be given on the subject and there are a few references that we get docked points on if used (like the two mentioned before-they are too biased). Even my very conservative, tea party boyfriend doesn't like fox...unless he wants a good laugh.

Matt-that's called plate tectonics!!
default_laugh.png

In all seriousness, how the heck do you mess up a map?!
LOL. Yep, apparently Fox News believes that Egypt is no longer part of Africa
default_rolleyes.gif

Well, maybe it's the realistic coverage of things like illegal imigration being, well, a crime that keeps the ratings over at FOX in the golden zone
default_yes.gif
Sure, the map was a stupid mistake but that may have been the only thing FOX actually got wrong that day
default_biggrin.png

MAY is the key word there....sorry, I'm just not a Fox fan as you can tell. I do think it is fine sometimes for the news part, but even then it seems they are a bit unreliable and biased. That being said, it IS hard to find news that isn't biased, but that's why I like to read many different sources.

MAY is the key word there....sorry, I'm just not a Fox fan as you can tell. I do think it is fine sometimes for the news part, but even then it seems they are a bit unreliable and biased. That being said, it IS hard to find news that isn't biased, but that's why I like to read many different sources.
I can understand that point of view to be sure
default_yes.gif

It's good to rely on more than one source, but for me when it comes to tv / radio news, FOX just comes so much closer to their famous tag line than any other source.

I have to say (and maybe I'm being a bit biased here) that many Canadian news stations are very unbiased, giving both sides of the story. Global National and Global are absolutely excellent. It's too bad most Americans can't get those stations (or maybe you do...with satellite). Check Global National out one night (or look at it online) and let us Canadians know what you think. I'm just curious.

I also do not believe that any one of the media can truly be unbiased. I much prefer to recognize and expect a bias, so that I can read or listen with a proper sized grain of salt.

Agreed, Susanne - and the Fair & Balanced schtick is just an advertising slogan, not a mission statement. Fox is not fair & balanced... not even in regular news coverage at times. Every media outlet picks and chooses what stories they want to feature and emphsize and Fox does that the exact same way as some and far more blatantly than some others. They all do.

NO media is fair and balanced. None. That is why I sample a lot of different sources. I agree with you about Scott Simon, BTW.

The Daily Show can be a lot more newsworthy than many of the talking heads' shows at times.
default_laugh.png
At least Jon Stewart is clearly being an entertainer/comedian. He skewers everyone on all sides (and is ruthless about Obama) - and he can be a relief from all the pompous regular stuff. He is a good contrast to the talking heads who pose as journalists when they are just entertainers... even Beck said he was just an entertainer who did not care about facts. And yet I know some who use him as their only source for actual news...
default_no.gif

Matt - I have always thought the same thing about Global.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back