Flirt cam update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I SAW HER -- I wondered what she was doing! Ha ! Ha! Hokey Pokey -- the mare was getting into it a bit as well - kinda saying "what the heck is SHE doing now??"

What fun.

JJay

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!! I saw her and thought it was you!! Flirt was like-- what the heck are you doin??? It was very funny!!

I've been watching!

Where is she now?

that hokey pokey was the cutest thing!! I really didnt think shed do it. fran and arlene told abby that flirt wont foal until she went in the stall and did the hokey pokey. everyone at my hubbys work was watching and just cracking up.

Flirts outside getting some fresh air. But the wind storm is getting really bad so I may bring her back in early.

abby if she foals tonight i owe you and your hokey pokey dance!! :aktion033:

Usually Flirt is right in view and she's being shy (like she knows she's being watched LOL). Go Flirt Go!!!!

Im just a wee bit concerned as she has really gone off feed since this morning. She wont touch her grain and is picking at hay. Actually she wouldnt even pick at her hay until just now. Normally she eats very well. Thanks again to everyoen who emailed worried that she wasnt eating. We have decided if shes still not eating by tomarrow and hasnt foaled we will have the vet out. Im hoping its just a sign that foaling is close but she keeps fooling all of us!

And matt your right she hasnt been herself all day and you can really tell on the cam. come on flirt lets get this over!!
default_yes.gif
:

I cannot believe she is still holding out on us lol. She cant keep that little thing in there much longer.
default_smile.png

Has she foaled before? Maybe Getitia would know how she acted before she foaled last time, silly me, you prob already asked lol.

sorry!! it accidentally was unplugged.! it was showing on my tv so i didnt know until i checked email. shes back on!!

Flirt is a maiden mare and has never foaled before.

anyone else ever have a mare stop eating before they foal?? none of mine have ever done that!!

Last edited:
Most of Getitia's mares go off of feed when they are within 24 hours of foaling. They will have a couple of "cow patty" bowel movements. They do this to "clean themselves out", so nothing else comes out when they push the foal out. My madien mare went through all of these steps last year.

Most of them will pick at their food when they are within 24 hours. :aktion033: Go Flirt go!

Wow...frustration! I think I'll do a parturition dance right now! Okay done...(it involved a lot of pushing and "bearing down")...probably not a nice image of a man doing that, huh? :new_rofl:

She's pushing that butt firmly in the corner! I"m not going to be able to sleep now! Geez!!!! :eek:

I think I'll do a parturition dance right now! Okay done...(it involved a lot of pushing and "bearing down")...probably not a nice image of a man doing that, huh?
Way more than we wanted to know!
default_rolleyes.gif
: I'll keep my fingers crossed there's a new foal in the morning.
default_smile.png

I'm still watching Flirt Kay! :lol:

Matt, you always make me laugh! Thank you! :aktion033:

Flirt is still holding on. My mares will go off their feed shortly before foaling.

Arlene

Latest posts

Back