Flirt cam update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this mare is the biggest tease i have ever seen!! my daughter said to name the foal tease so we could have a flirt and a tease lol. she was rolling and then got up twitching her tail like crazy. I got all ready to run to the barn. and then nothing. :eek: stools have firmed back up so Ill let her out today and let her go play.

I hate the chicken dance!!! hmmm maybe abby will do it lmbo

I feel so bad for everyone watching her with me. I really thought she would foal by now. Really really wish I could get a milk sample so id know if we are all watching for nothing, but she just goes nuts when i try.

I feel so bad for Flirt.. :no: She looks uncomfortable, still... Com'on Flirt, we know you can do this!!!

edited to say, my goodness girl. You just looked so miserable, now you are up and eating.. I'll still be watching..

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness horse give your momma a break!
default_wub.png
:

Oh Kay! :lol: I check on flirt when I can and she is HUGE! :new_shocked: :bgrin

She is going to keep you waiting isnt she! :bgrin I had a maiden mare last year do that exact same thing only mine was a 32" mare and she was just huge with a huge bag that was rock hard! :bgrin and so loose in the rear poor thing could barely move, let alone getting up and down which she did alot faking us out all the time.

I saw on your Blog that you think April now? :new_shocked: :bgrin I dont think she will wait that long. :lol:

Do you know how many days she is? I know with mare b size mare I had up until recently 36" always kept us waiting 343 days with her first foal and 350 days with her second foal(Hand Bred). :bgrin

Good Luck Kay! :bgrin

Jeri

i have to apologize to everyone watching flirt. After talking with Getitia we think she must not have taken until a second breeding which puts her due april 3. because she started bagging so early and her belly as you guys know is HUGE i thought she must have taken on her first breeding putting her due date at march 3. I feel so bad for everyone watching with me as I think I jumped the gun. In my own defense she was acting very much like a mare about to foal last week, but she has been very quiet this week. She started bagging on Feb 3 and I have never had a maiden mare bag that far ahead, but every mare is different! I think we must have a couple weeks yet to go.

IM SORRY! :eek:

Awe Kay dont be sorry! :bgrin With maidens you never know! :bgrin I know with the maiden I had last year got huge and had a HUGE bag for weeks and I even stayed home from work for two days there towards the end of her gestation thinking she would foal THAT day with the way she was acting! :eek: But, she fooled me more then once! :eek:

With me, about the time I was about ready to give up since I was being laughed at by that time by hubby and a few friends saying I was "jumping the gun" so to speak she decided to show me what she was trying to hide at 2:30am.
default_wink.png
:

So dont feel bad Kay! I dont think flirt can hold out longer then two weeks either. Oh and I have also had mares keep their milk up so I could get any for looking at or testing for that matter. Luckily most of mine dont mind my playing with them "down there" either though. This particular mare is one that did not like anyone fooling around down there but luckily by the time she was advanced enough in her gestation she took it all in stride but she is a very friendly mare. :bgrin

:saludando:

Jeri

Is it just me, or is Flirt's camera not on.. Please kaykay, turn her back on. You have me addicted
default_yes.gif
: Still want to watch, as she still looks as she is going to go soon..
default_wub.png
:

edited to say, I can see her now, must have been on my end.. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww Kay, no need to apologize. Many a maiden mare has made a fool out of many of us! I had a mare that I'd bought when she was about 5 months bred. She wasn't a maiden, but I had nothing to go on with her foaling history. I was extra paranoid because the horses weren't at my home at that time, I lived 15 minutes away. There was one particular dark, stormy night that I got it in my head that she was going to foal that night and I couldn't imagine leaving her in case she did. I slept in my truck (ok I didn't sleep that much) and went out to check her every hour....turned out she held out for another month and a half... :eek: We even moved her to the current house, and had her on camera all that time. Then of all times, she foaled in the morning after I'd left for work and hubby ran to take his nephew to school.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Don't know why you are apologizing!! We aren't the ones losing sleep over it -- I know I am enjoying checking in on her a couple of times during the day -- and every morning when I sign on at work - I have my fingers crossed that there will be a live foal in the stall with her.

The Big Tease is a fun thing!

JJay

Well atleast you dont have to worry about her foaling while your in Illinous. No need to apologize
default_smile.png

It was a fun week :lol: :lol:

its up!

thank you guys so much for being so understanding! after a few years of this you think you have it down and then a maiden mare reminds you that you really dont know LOL.

I am going to go ahead and head to illinois on friday. I promised my poor daughter and lennie i would be there. I really feel now that she probably has at least another 10-14 days.

If you guys could help hubby out a bit and let him know if you see anything while im gone i would sure appreciate it! he doesnt do email but if you see her really acting in labor pls call him collect. My neighbor with the foaling farm is on alert to come help should russ need help.

now having said all that if she happened to wax on thursday i will be staying home LOL.

now im probably going to have to set up another camera when i get home because bailey is due april 1. Dang these girls they werent supposed to be due at the same time
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back