first impressions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Well, we are unloaded (mostly) and decided to take a drive to downtown Glasgow, where there is a lovely courthouse and square. So, we've been here less than a week and the town is making a good impression on me. It's cute, very quaint and the people are ever so nice and welcoming. However, I am afraid I didn't make such a good impression on the town. ahem. We are walking the square, looking at the businesses and there is uneven pavement, which I did not see. I twist my ankle and fall flat on my face. And I mean a spectacular fall. My hair went flying, everything in my purse flew out, just a real sight to see. So here I am crawling around on the ground, holding my ankle, trying to corral my wallet, keys, phone, etc. I tell hubby to go get the car and bring it over to where I'm crawling around. (Now THAT'S a scary thought, I haven't let him drive for a long time) I literally hop on one foot over to the car, get in and we drive off. Originally I thought I had broken my ankle but now I think it's just a bad sprain.

Now I think I'm going to have to wear Grocho Marx glasses and a funny hat when I go downtown because they probably think I have a drinking problem!!! What an impression I made on everyone there. How embarrassing. I stayed home all that afternoon with ice on it and then wrapped it in an ace bandage yesterday. Today it's sore, but better. For a while there my ankle was the size of my knee and a funny shade of purple, also. Not that I don't like purple, mind you, just not when my ankle is that color. LOL

I've found the local library and when I can walk, I'm going to get a library card so I can check out books. Surprisingly, everything is really compact here. In 5 minutes I can be in the heart of the town and my place is pretty rural.

Dear Shelley,

Small town people don't usually judge someone a drunkard on the basis of one fall!
default_whistling.gif
Since the town has been making a positive impression on you, I'd be willing to bet that folks are asking each other "who was that?" "Do you think she's okay?" "I'd check on her, but I don't know who she is or where she lives." Once you get that library card though, folks will have a name and they'll find you.

I'm so very glad to see that this little town is a good fit for you. I very much look forward to your updates. Your faith, positive view of life, and willingness to laugh at yourself brightens my day each time I read them.

I feel like we know you and your husband. Does he have any hobbies other than cars? Are you going to go quilting crazy now that you're in a smaller place? I looked at the pictures online after you told us where you are.....do you have your things arranged enough to describe how it looks now? Are you going to plant any fall flowers this year?

Guess that's enough questions for now!!
default_giveup.gif

God be with you both, we love you!

Julie in NC

Are there any quilt shops in your new town? That and the library are great places to meet your new neighbors.

Latest posts

Back