Fires in Southern California...checking in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverDollar

Reaction score
Just checking in to make sure everyone is okay with the fires out here. Lots of evacuations going on. I just hate these Santa Ana winds and "fire season". Has me on pins and needles.
default_ohnoes.jpg

I stayed home today - I'm up in Agua Dulce, where we are having winds gusts up to 70 MPH. We can see the fires from here but obviously are not in danger. Keeping the tv on ... how terrible... and it's allegedly arson? Unbelievable.

Liz R.

Glad to hear you're all okay. Lots of smoke in our area (currently in Thousand Oaks at work). We're keeping an eye on it; it's headed in a south-westerly direction which is towards where we live but we're still a good distance away. I do know lots of people in Simi Valley with horses; we may be having "horse-guests" this week.

It's so horrible that people get their jollies by setting fires. I wonder how they feel when they find out they murdered someone? So sad.
default_no.gif

Stay safe!

That is very nice of you to open you place to horse-guests! Last I heard Hanson Dam is closed for animal evacuees but Pierce College is taking animals, which is great! And U-Haul is donating free boxes and giving one month free storage to those in need. Very nice.

Winds are supposed to be high again tonight - they've been pretty bad all day long here. Stay safe -

Liz R.

Has anyone heard from Jim Curry. This morning I heard that Campo CA may be in danger.

I also heard this morning that Campo was voluntarily evacuating this AM.

Liz R.

Jim is in Acampo, which is northern Ca. no fires there. He is fine, talked to him last night!

Thanks, sure makes a great difference when you add an "A" to the name. Hope everyone is able to stay safe and out of HARMS WAY.

Latest posts

Back