Fergie is on marestare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, she's relaxed quite a bit more today.

I dont know if you've seen the cam outside - but she can go around the corner of the stable where there is a gate - and its out of view.

She has been disappearing around there a lot, so i stalked her to see what shes doing. And she is madly butt rubbing

(excuse the poor fence - this bit had to be pulled down to install some water tanks, and is yet to be put back up - hense the panels and hot tape).

1008817.JPG
1008818.JPG

And the poor girl has rubbed herself raw, just this morning in the few hours she's been out
default_no.gif
Ouch!

1008819.JPG

Her udder has stayed quite full so far too. normally its gone down in the first 10mins of her being turned out, but so far its the same as when i let her out...

ouch, poor silly thing!! I know Suzie's has been getting the skin pulled off by her butt rubbing but not as bad as that,

thats exciting that the bag hasn't gone back down!!
default_aktion033.gif
yay for Fergie!! you will have a baby FILLY before too long LOL
default_wub.png

oh n she has a definite V happening doesn't she!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Ouch, silly girl! I have to check one of my girls for things like that, once the coat shifts she spends most of the time rubbing on things.

I have had a few rub it like that in a few days of butt rubbing, but i only checked her this morning - there was no sign of soreness, so she must have rubbed it real good in the time she was around there.
default_new_shocked.gif
Silly Fergie. I've given her more hay to hopefully keep her occupied for a while now lol

Cassie, yes, her belly has dropped quite a bit, she isnt quite there yet though i dont think. Maybe she will be on track for my Wednesday prediction after all (if she keep up!)
default_wink.png

Fergie is very sooky. I just went out there to check on her. Her poop is softening - its not a normal poop, but not a cow patty yet. Her udder is still quite full.

She was laying down for a while when i was out there, had a few rolls and got up to come and see me, so i gave her some belly scratches and she was grooming me back (i love that). As i was leaving she followed me to the gate, and called out to me as i walked back to the house.

Nawwww
default_wub.png

Haha
default_laugh.png
Yep, sure did. Awful noise it is - but i couldnt be without them!

Sternal now. She sure is enjoying the sun today - sure is a nice change! Shame the paddocks are so wet and muddy though.

CastleRock - i think the laying on cam was a total fluke! lol She's been going just off cam all morning to do anything interesting
default_biggrin.png

and back down flat again, lol Suzie was lying right down in a mud puddle earlier LOL and one of the marestarers said "I hope she doesn't foal where she is right now, we won't have a filly we will have a piglet"

ROFL!!!

I love it so true!

sun has come out a little for us as well, clouds coming back over though...
default_sad.png
everything is SO wet!! want some sun to dry things out!! at least hopefully we will have plenty of grass growing for spring!!
default_yes.gif

p.s your paddock is LOVELY!!!
default_wub.png

Cassie, we have a crazy amount of grass even through this winter! We havent had nearly as many frosts as we normally get, which has kept the grass alive, and with all the rain its still so green and growing here. Its great. But going to have to watch the horses over spring! Will have to keep it slashed i think.

I did read that comment on your marestare board. Too funny lol

Ok, need to go unload these few bales of hay and feed the herd and make up Fergies - ill leave her outside enjoying the nice weather til closer to dark though.

Haha, i had been too busy watching Darla to notice my own lol I must have knocked it when i was out with her before.

Ill be bringing her into the stable shortly, so i will switch it over then anyway
default_smile.png

All better
default_yes.gif
She's in for the night now.

Her udder stayed full all day. Her teats still havent filled though, she's looking the same as the pics i posted a few days ago - just that she has stayed the same all day without it going down.

Her milk still tests 8pH tonight.

Hoohar isnt looking so raw now, but she had chosen a pole to butt rub on instead of that fence, thankfully. It obviously gets the spot without hurting her.

Painting your room at 8pm at night lol Hope you dont have to sleep in it tonight? You'll be fumed out!
default_new_shocked.gif

Yes, its a bit early for Fergie to be laying down - she doesnt normally lay down as much as she did today either - so maybe resting up for the big event!
default_yes.gif

she is back up
default_smile.png

haha I do LOL but I have an air freshner in here and I will have the windows open hehe I have good ventilation in my room
default_biggrin.png
I'm almost done so I wanna finish!!! and this is the only time I get to do it!! hehe

she was breathing quite heavy for a while there!!!
default_unsure.png
:BigGrin

Both fergie n Suzie down sternal
default_smile.png
how cute!! The two Aussie girls!! Oh wait suzie flat lol fergie is so cute!! Lol

Night Renee
default_smile.png
have a good sleep!!

Latest posts

Back