Fergie is on marestare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the nasty weather i didnt get any photos of Fergie today. But here she is a few days ago

298740_10150259391888602_643883601_7593809_8067963_n.jpg

Fergie hasnt changed a lot today. Her milk is getting thicker, and her udder is quite full again this morning, but could fill more (i'd say it will shrink through the day again though)- and she still needs her "backend" to relax more.

So we wait... thankfull the clouds have parted this morning, and we have a little bit of sunshine - but it does look like they are rolling back in again
default_wacko.png
So she's out enjoying her breakfast in the sun while it lasts!

Hehe, i thought it was a cute photo
default_smile.png
Big round belly
default_smile.png

I have to go out this afternoon until about 9pm our time, we have family over from Western Australia. I have put Fergie in early so that she can be watched. If anyone thinks i need to be home, please dont hesitate to call the first number on the cam page. I will keep it on me. I dont think she is ready (or i wouldnt be leaving), but we all know how unpredictable these mares can be.

Thanks!

Renee

OMG that photo is fantastic! how many babies is she having???

Diane that is so funny and as Renee said the food in the mouth is the finishing touch. This should have been entered into the on line show.
yes.gif

16.43 and Fergie is munching away

Aww what a brilliant picture - I love catching the brood mares in a head on shot!

If her bag is softening a little when she comes in at night after her daily paddock time then she may still have a few days to go - it's when they come in with the same tight bag they went out with, you have to watch out!!

I home! Thank you to all that kept an eye on Fergie. All seems good and quiet.

Anna, yes, i do still think she has some time before foaling. She isnt showing many signs of being imminent yet (or i certainly wouldnt have left her tonight), but i have also been told that this mare doesnt normally bag right up before foaling by her last owner, so i am hesitant to take her bag as a real reliable indicator.
default_yes.gif
Either way her milk needs to thicken up, and she still has some relaxing to do in the backend yet - she'll get there
default_smile.png

Thanks again for watching!!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

I checked-in on "Fergie at 12:28 p,.m. our time here today on August 20th and I think I've decided that I'm renaming "Fergie". I've thinking of nicknaming her "Statue". She stands so still that it's difficult to determine if the screen is locked up or not. Ha!

Give "Warrior" a hug and a kiss from me. I really miss him.
default_yes.gif

default_laugh.png
LOL Statue suits her great Kimberle. lol She sure does stand still. She can be quite boring to watch lol

I just took some photos for you. Will load them and post them shortly
default_yes.gif

OK. Heres the pictures of Fergie i just took. She was a bit jumpy at the flash, so i just quickly got them done, and have no realised i didnt get a hoohar pic. So will try for that this afternoon.

As you can see, her udder is quite full - but still needs the teats to fill out and point downward.

She has started guttering in the flank, but i'd think the foal still has a bit of positioning to do and her belly will drop a little more.

Her milk is still not very thick & has some changing to do there also, but does come out quite freely. I have run out of milk strips, but will pick some up tomorrow (its closed on Sundays here).

1008631.JPG

1008633.JPG

1008632.JPG

1008634.JPG

Renee

Renee I fall in love with your mare more everytime I see her
default_smile.png
definite udder progress which is exciting!! Have a good day
default_smile.png
it's a simply gorgeous morning here hoping the sane for you!

Renee your mare is such a Diva, first the "does this dress make me look fat" photo and now the " why are you staring at my butt" photo, she is just adorable! I hope the foal has her character.

default_saludando.gif
Hey mate
default_smile.png

Yeah, this is what her udder has been like for 3 days now. Just needs to FINISH filling, and STAY full all day lol But as i said, the rest of her doesnt look quite ready yet either, so i dont think she's imminent.

I actually raced out in between heavy downpours to feed up and take the photos - no nice day here sadly
default_sad.png
But im glad you are finally getting some nice weather!!

I have to zip out this morning to go and pick up my husband. Back soon
default_smile.png

Renee your mare is such a Diva, first the "does this dress make me look fat" photo and now the " why are you staring at my butt" photo, she is just adorable! I hope the foal has her character.
default_laugh.png
Hahaha, you'd be perfect at putting quotes on all these photos!! I love it.
default_aktion033.gif

weather has gone cold, cloudy and windy but no rain yet... hope it clears up for you a bit later!!

she is very pretty!! she will have a gorgeous baby! is Warrier, the sire of Max? Karen sent me the photos he is STUNNING!
default_biggrin.png

She has the prettiest eyes!! She really is a mini Diva!! she looks like she has one of those manes that just never gets tangles..how big is she?

Diane, she is quite the character. She can be a little funny, and a bit jumpy sometimes, but she mostly a very sweet girl and a little bit of a clown
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png

Cassie - No, Warrior isnt the sire of Max. He is a lovely boy isnt he
default_yes.gif

LittleRibbie - She is 33.5".

Her udder has gone down some this afternoon - as it has been. Be nice when it stays nice and full all day, then we'll be in business.

To me she seems like most of my other mares that go by the text book, and nothing like the foaling history that her last owner provided with her. It will be interesting to see if she does follow her past foaling pattern, or if she will bag right up and show all signs this time round.
default_yes.gif

hopefully she gives you all the signs so you can tell when she is REALLY close!!

oh thats right Karen is expecting her first warrior foal this season I think... lol

I really like Max!
default_biggrin.png

she is about the same size as Suzie then ;)

is she relaxing behind??

She hasnt relaxed a lot in the hoohar department, but her butt is good and squishy.

She has been doing a lot of butt rubbing, belly kicking and pacing today again. But she seems to tone it all down once she's locked in for the night...

Her milk is changing colour, getting a little more opaque and its getting stickier
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back