Favorite Horse Related Memory This Year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine would have to be this morning Tues 5-6-11!

THE HOLE WAS DUG!

I had been dealing with my sick older horse who I was going to put down this morning after 4 days of him in severe pain and laying and rolling and not able to poop. Banimene, minieral oil, enimas, and other pain meds was not helping and when all else failed and giving up, I gave him one more round of all of the above PLUS a quarter of a bottle of human laxitive. I went to sleep and feared the worse for the morning. The hole was dug and I woke up at 6am to check on him and mentally prepared myself for the worse.

To my surprise he was standing in 8 fresh and HUGE piles of poo in his stall and looking at me with his big brown loving eyes as if he was saying thank you for not giving up on me. He was totaly fine and doing great! My old man will live on to see more days and enjoy living!!!

I love this story.....

There was a newborn in a pen laying by the fence so I layed down next to her while she slept. Mom turned around and looked at me like "oh its you" and went back to eating. The baby never opened her eyes while I was there. It was so cool. .

Back