Eugene, OR AMHA Results!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5StarRanch

Reaction score
We got back LATE last night from the McKenzie River Classic AMHA show in Eugene, OR. We had an absolute blast! This was our second show after coming back into the minis and I cannot wait for next year. Aside from the beautiful horses, great people, awesome aisle parties, wonderful comradery, etc etc. They held a "mountain trail class" that featured ditches as deep as our horses that you had to walk through, huge log obstacles, a rather large tippy bridge, mountains of deep dirt, logs, rocks, a sunken back-through, along with a HUGE water obstacle and a 20' waterfall that you had to walk behind! It was a blast! The horses and people had a ton of fun. I will post pics as soon as I have enough energy to upload them
default_rolleyes.gif

I also want to send out a huge congrats to the Crabby Chicken Ranch on winning a couple of awesome awards this weekend that were very much deserved. Hillary and thier beautiful stallion, Creeksides Mister Impressive absolutely rocked this weekend! They walked away with one Supreme Halter Horse award, two Grand Champion Jr Stallion awards, a Reserve Champion Jr Stallion, and if memory serves me correctly, the same two Grands and one Reserve in Amateur. They looked awesome out there! Now, if only Kim had been there to see it
default_wink.png

Congrats to all who went, it was an awesome show!

Sounds like a great show I have heard a lot about that mountain trail course I would LOVE to try it someday.

How many horses were there? Trying to figure out the attendence of those shows before I think of making a treck from ID to go

I think last count that I heard was right around 100, maybe a few more. The classes were decent sized for the most part. If I were you I would definately make the trip. I am from Walla Walla, and won't think twice about going next year, its already on the calendar :). They also had a mtn trail course set up outside that was just as much fun as the main course. You could play on that one all you wanted, and the funny part was that even a lot of the really push button obstacle horses had "issues" with some of the stuff they were asked to do. But everyone had fun and it was a huge comradery builder.

My daughter and her horse would LOVE that class!! We'll have to check it out next year!

That obstacle class would be enough to make me consider showing AMHA! My guy hates the in-the-ring obstacle classes, but he excels on real trails so he'd probably love that.

Leia

Latest posts

Back