Pro pic finally! Went to our first AMHR/AMHA show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barefootin

Reaction score
We had a grand time at our first real mini show. The judges were very friendly and helpful especially with the kids. The show was small but that made it better for our first time. We've shown big horses Forever it seems so that helped some with nerves and basics. The other people showing were also very friendly and easy to get along with. Now that was something new coming from the big horse world.

We took 2 yearling fillies, a 2 yr old filly, a 2 yr old colt, a 3 yr old colt, and an aged mare. We showed in Halter, Halter Obstacle, Hunter, and Liberty. Only the yearlings have much Halter winning potential but naturally they decided the show was the BEST place and time to come into heat for the first time, more possible boyfriends is my guess;) So they didn't show as well as they should have being all sulky about having stand still and look pretty. Both 2 yr olds took home their respective Supreme Championships, each showed one day only. The 2 yr old mare also brought home the Youth High Point Award. The aged mare and her very novice owner/handler managed a 5th place in their Halter Obstacle class with 10 very nice entries. The biggest surprise was our 3 yr old buckskin colt. Not only did he get a Grand Champion in Halter, he got a Standing Ovation from all 3 judges, all the ring stewards, and the Photographer for his LIBERTY performance. The judges said it was the best Liberty they had seen in years. It's hard to believe this is the same colt we rescued 6 months ago with major trust issues, no training to speak of, and one nasty sinus infection.

The best part is we had FUN. Those of us that really needed a confidence boost got it. And we learned more for next time. I'm pretty sure there will be a next for our little group

.033.JPG

090.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! That is fabulous!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
default_firstprize.gif

The best thing was we had fun. We met some new people and had fun with them. We were hoping for a few ribbons but knew we had left our best Halter horses at home. The liberty class just blew us away. Really we were just hoping to be able to catch the little begger when the music stopped. Six months ago it would take 2 people to trap him in a corner of the paddock to catch him. And even then it was a gamble on whether or not he would run you over to get away. Crispy will be going into Rehab though. It seems he has an addictive horsinality. He became addicted to Gummy Bears over the weekend. LOL

We finally got the professional pictures! It was very hard to decide which ones to get. We still got over 65 between all of us. I won't put them all on here but they are on our website. I need to pick one of the Buckskin colt for his personal page.

HilderbrandS_JUN9720_4x6Hcopy.jpg

We couldn't even begin to fit all the ribbons on the banner without covering it up. So we went with the last set gathered.

HilderbrandS_JUN9700_4x6Hcopy.jpg

This is my daughter showing the 2 yr old filly. They won the Youth High Point Award.

HilderbrandS_JUN9676_4x6Hcopy.jpg

This is our friend Jayne. She was very nervous. Her husband told her she better do good or you can't go again. Nice guy, Huh? She did better than good as far as we're all concerned. She placed 5th in Am. Halter Obstacle with some pretty stiff competition.

HilderbrandS_JUN9223_4x6Hcopy.jpg

We talked her into trying Hunter. Neither Jayne nor the mare had ever tried more than a couple of small jumps at home. Seeing the photos the photographer took Jayne now understands why we thought it was a good idea to try the class. Besides she had a credit in the show office so she needed to use it for something, right?

HilderbrandS_JUN5294_4x6Vcopy.jpg

Our friend Kay and her 2 yr old colt she bought from us. They took a Supreme Championship on Friday.

HilderbrandS_JUN6461_4x6Hcopy.jpg

Clifford in the Liberty class.

HilderbrandS_DSC_0131_4x6Hcopy.jpg

This is my son showing the yearling filly against his sister. He did an excellent job but you can't out cute his sister.

HilderbrandS_JUN6515_4x6Hcopy.jpg

Now we have our Mighty Man! He did alright in Halter even though he's built more like a QH than an Arab. He put on a pretty good show for Liberty, too.

HilderbrandS_JUN9752_4x6Hcopy.jpg

HilderbrandS_JUN9727_4x6Hcopy.jpg

This is a yearling filly we sold this spring. They won 2 costume classes this summer. They are Awesome!!

photo-1.jpg

Thank you for all the congratulations! We went with the attitude of just get some experience in this venue. If we got a couple of ribbons that would have been great. We are over the moon with how well we did even with it being a smaller show. My kids had good time especially my son. He came home and started training his 4 yr old mare to drive. She really needed a job other than broodmare and pasture puff.
default_smile.png

That is sooo cool. Glad that you all had a great time and that it went well!

So awesome for your barn and family/friends to do so well at your first show. I loved your pictures!

I love the KFC costume!

Latest posts

Back