We had a great show.....*added 2 more pics*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Deb and I had not shown since February (been too broke and wanted to volunteer at the shows), so this past weekend we really were looking forward to finally getting to show some horses! It was HOT, sticky and we sweated like a pig on a BBQ...lol...but we had a GREAT show!!

This was (of course) our Pony filly's 1st show at just under 4 mo. old...and she had an ouchie on her nose right where the halter sets so she was a little irritated with that, but....LVL Gold's Moonlight Seduction won her Classic weanling class, Jr. championship and 2 Reserve Grands!! She did not want to stand up because she was mad at the halter sitting on her ouchie, but otherwise did great! Here is a pic that Sassy Photography took at the show with Deb! (We forgot to take any of our own...of course! lol)

ASW Egyptian Kings Ransom (who was supposed to be Deb's Under gelding and is now mine...lol) won his Geldings Under class, 2 Sr. Geldings and 2 Grands and 1sts in Ammy Geldings Under! Ransom also won 1sts in Liberty Under, and 4th/5th in Hunter (he needs to be in Jumper instead!)...sooo pleased with him! This was his 1st AMHR show as he had only been shown A previously! Pic by Sassy Photography!

Vista del Valle's Uno Confiado (my VERY newly gelded boy)...placed 1st/2nd in Aged Geldings Over (AND got his elusive 1 point he needed for his HOF!!!!!), Sr. Champion and Reserve Sr Champion, Reserve Grand, and 1st/2nd in Ammy Geldings Over!! SOOO happy!!! (By the way Khan only lost out to Jet in the classes! lol) Shown by me...Pic by Sassy Photography!

Snowberry Farm's Jet Set...placed 1st/3rd in Aged Geldings Over, Res. Sr. Gelding, 1st/3rd in Ammy Geldings Over and1st/2nd in Liberty Over!!! Shown by Deb! Pic by Sassy Photography!

Now....Khan and I get ready for Nationals...and I am excited to show him in the geldings classes!!
default_yes.gif

558382_3659419480900_2008001483_n.jpg

483953_430421203676258_933844427_n.jpg

523993_431739316877780_972578928_n.jpg

552512_431760153542363_682306343_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, there you are! I have been watching in the Pony Talk section! Such a weekend with your pony filly! Congratulations! I hope you have continued success with her and will post pics occasionally as she matures. I would love to see her as she grows from youngster to lady!
default_firstprize.gif
default_thumbup.gif

I will post another pic on the Pony forum....lol

And...thank you! We love her!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting!! Congratulations to you both! I need to get up my nerve and try showing. :)

Yall did great!! I'm sorry I never got a chance to introduce myself, I was just SO busy! ha! And your filly looked great too!

Raine...who were your horses that were there?? Bummer that you didn't say Hi!

Thanks!
default_smile.png

Yes, Ransom's dapples are an eye-catcher for sure...we love them, too!
default_smile.png

I wish we would have gotten a decent halter pic of Jet, but I posted his liberty pic...he does love to "play" out there in that class! lol

Hmmm....didn't look that full, but I deleted all my messages...try it now...If it doesn't work click my avatar and then "email" link...
default_smile.png

As Linda I too am very proud of our results at this show. Although she did mess up a tad. Jet got a senior championship not a reserve lol. For me that was the most special result, as I have not been able to place in a class above last or next to last since we've had him. He was my first show horse and my first "heart" horse. And although he'd done very well under his previous owners he took advantage of my spoiling and my not knowing how to get out of him what he could give. The last couple years I've finally been able to A. correct the bad behavior that i'd let him get away with and B. learn how to show and be comfortable out there doing it. The both together allowing Jet to shine in the ring this weekend like I knew he could.
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back