Erica's Geisha is acting funny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonny,

I thought the same thing this morning...her shape is different!

I was hoping I wasnt the only one who noticed that.
default_smile.png
I am so curious to know what the strip tests show. Also If her milk has changed.

I've seen her shape change from day to day. When she seems less round, I wonder if the foal has moved more towards being born? But then the next morning, she might again look really round. Maybe she's not wanting to loose her spot on Mare Stare (ie Mare Star) yet
default_wub.png

I've been looking at Geisha for about 6-7wks. Which means, she's most likely to foal when I'm not watching (but hopefully when Erica's around!)
default_biggrin.png

Come on Jill, quit looking so the poor mare can have her foal! LOL!! I swear they know when they're being watched, even on camera. I had a mare shaping up real nice. The second the camera went up, her sides rounded back out, her udder went limp.
default_wacko.png

Gotta LOVE foaling season. The only certainty is the uncertainty!!!!

Well it's still a waiting game,
default_laugh.png

PH and hardness are about the same........milk is white, but still not the consistency that screams at me "now", as it's still thin.

Thanks everyone for watching her; once we get her out of the way there will be several to foal each month Feb-May.
default_aktion033.gif
Might even have multiples in a night.......I remember last year had one 3/5, two 3/7 and one 3/9 (all boys
default_rolleyes.gif
LOL)

I'm going to be out for about an hour and a half, going to have dinner at our favorite place about 20 mins from the house (I'll have my cell phone if she looks "ready") and grandad is just two houses down if I get a call he can check on her quickly until I get home.

I check on here every once in a while and just happened to notice that she's standing right in front of the camera right now. You can see how honestly big she is. Poor girl, hope she pops soon!
default_laugh.png

No her mouth is not open. That is just her halter buzzer you can see in the shadow. She looks to be a bit more ancey tonight then she has been....keeping my fingers crossed that she will get this show on the road!!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Sheryl

She's got a Kaglo in her stall, that I'll turn on as soon as she starts labor.......so yes it's FREEZING here, BURR....but I'm just ready for her to get it out, I don't even care if it's tonight. As her stall will be warm and toasty for little one within minutes.

Well, the cold has gotten to me here in Iowa.... -15 for actual temp this morning and that does not include wind chill factor.
default_wacko.png

So I was cold a bit bored and decided to read Yahoo horoscopes for Geisha. Yes, that's right I read her daily, monthly and even her love horoscopes!
default_biggrin.png

First off, I KNEW I loved this girl for a reason and after looking her birthday up on AMHR studbook I know why now.....

This girl shares my birthday March 31
default_wub.png
a fellow aries. Below were parts from her monthly scope that were interesting.

Seems today she is to make that ''call'' she's been avoiding.....hmmm could that mean the foaling call????

On the 23rd it says she's to put on her shiniest shoes, because romance want to take a walk with you.
default_new_shocked.gif
I will guess that will be the baby walking with her first day outside.

On the 28th it says, start something new. Hmmm wonder what that means???

There is a daily one that read here at this link...Geisha's daily horoscope

I think you should really read this to her yet tonight.
default_biggrin.png
default_wink.png
The path they talk of may be either a colt or filly......Sheryl do not laugh for this is truly wise advice from a guy wise beyond his years.
default_pinocchio.gif

That concludes Russ' daily thoughts from cold Iowa.....

Sheryl, I dunno....it felt like the right thing to do.
default_biggrin.png

I think if it's a colt, Erica should name him....Rowdy Rusty and he should never be gelded ever!

(See, I'm using reverse psychology here so she REALLY gets a filly
default_wink.png
clever huh? ....it's kinda like fear factor/ scare therapy or often called trick the mare)

Well.....that hurt Sheryl...the words are like a knife. lol
default_biggrin.png

First off, any colt named Erica's Rowdy Rusty would be a show colt supreme! Belinda would arm wrestle Erica to prance him in the ring. This colt would be like WOW...beyond wow....make your eyes water gorgeous.
default_wink.png
He'd be the cover boy of the Journal at least 5 times before he turns 2....

Above his stall would read, ''don't cha wish your stud colts were hot like me''

And then Erica would show him to a national championship and she'd wear this show jacket that said, Rowdy Rusty's mom on the back....
default_yes.gif

THE END......don't laugh it's gonna happen Sheryl!
default_biggrin.png

default_laugh.png

You two are cracking me up!
default_new_rofl.gif

Russ, since Ms. Sheryl has plans to get into the ring this year she might just join in that fight to show Rowdy Rusty! AND I just happen to have a talented professional sound designer who could mix that new theme song for you....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.....that hurt Sheryl...the words are like a knife. lol
default_biggrin.png

First off, any colt named Erica's Rowdy Rusty would be a show colt supreme! Belinda would arm wrestle Erica to prance him in the ring. This colt would be like WOW...beyond wow....make your eyes water gorgeous.
default_wink.png
He'd be the cover boy of the Journal at least 5 times before he turns 2....

Above his stall would read, ''don't cha wish your stud colts were hot like me''

And then Erica would show him to a national championship and she'd wear this show jacket that said, Rowdy Rusty's mom on the back....
default_yes.gif

THE END......don't laugh it's gonna happen Sheryl!
default_biggrin.png
Again, I find myself LAUGHING when ya tell me NOT to.

Well, with a name like Rowdy Rusty he is just bound to be a Nat'l Champion and of course who wouldn't want to have him at the end of the lead prancing? So, I could see were an arm wrestling match between B & E could come into play! And a jacket with his name on it? Good Lord, B & E could end up in more than an arm wrestling match. We should figure the odds on who'll win and start taking bets, don'tcha think?

Janet, you must have the sound designer mix a special tune for Rowdy Rusty to use when he competes in the Liberty Class where he could really strut his stuff!

And why stop at the cover of The Journal Russ? Surely someone will come out with a new magazine for horses called Play Horse. And we would all be able to see Rowdy Rusty in all his glory! Goodness, the mares will be lined up for miles for a slice of that pie!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back