Easy entry carts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC Farm

Reaction score
I am looking at easy entry carts and wondered if you prefer the wood floors or the metal floor and why. Anything that you love about a cart and anything you hate I would like to know that also. Thanks

Just IMO I think the wood floors look nicer. I don't have an easy entry cart I have the other kind, but it also depends on what your going to use it for. When I buy an easy one to use around the property here just to work my horse I'm going to get a metal one. Easy upkeep, IMO. But, if your going to use it for show and around the property I might chose the wood. However, see what others say. Good luck picking it out, TJ

I like the metal cart because you are not going to break a board or peal the finish. For around the farm and training I would go with the metal floor.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like the metal ones. They stand up well to the elements--no special care needed and if it does start looking a bit shabby/rusty, a new coat of paint will spruce it up nicely. We've always had the metal ones and have been perfectly happy with them.

For training definitely metal. I got into a driving accident and while I was slightly banged up the cart was still perfect I think there was just one piece I had to pull up on to straighten and then it was good as new but right now I am still a little hesitant to get back into the cart and I never could get that horse near the cart again she was just freaked and it was weird because she had never done anything bad and I had driven her all around the property but one day she had a mental breakdown or something. Who know
default_no.gif
. But definitely metal
default_smile.png

I have a metal one, which I love for it's durbility, but I would really like a wooden one. They are more attractive and versatile IMO in that you can make them look a little dressier. Having not owned a wooden one, I do not know the upkeep involved. All I do with my metal cart is hose it off if it gets muddy and store it out of the elements in the garage, can't get any easier than that!

We have one of each. I love my metal EE for breaking horses and trail driving thru rocks and trees and stuff. My hubby has a wood EE and since his horse is well broke he loves it!! I have tried to get him a metal cart for trail driving but he won't part with his wooden KayJay cart so I give up!! LOL My hubby uses his wooden cart for everything and it still looks brand new. All we do is put the cover on after each use and store it in the garage. It looks perfect after almost three years of heavy use. It definetly is tons prettier than my ugly old heavy metal cart!! I think both styles have their place just depends on what you want to do with your cart. I would never start a green horse in the wood cart because I don't want to take any chance of hurting it so I need my metal cart which is a big heavy indestructable cart for starting my babies!! It would take quite a bit to hurt it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back