Easy Entry Cart Wheel Squeek

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3234

Reaction score
One of our Easy Entry carts that has been used extensively for about 3 years now has a squeek in one of the wheels. My husband has tried to grease it and it still squeeks. Any idea what it might be from?
default_wacko.png

The Wheel bearing might be going out. We had a slight squeek before ours went out. I was lucky and got mine from a friend at a printing plant. You can find bearings on line that can withstand the stress of a cart but I think Mine would have cost $80 because I needed four. One on each side of the wheel. Maybe your husband can take the wheel off and spin one bearing at a time to see where the squeek is comming from.

Could there be some dirt between the tread and the pneumatic tube? I don't know jack about tires but seems to me I've been told that can cause squeaking.
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

In case yours is a Frontier EE cart...you can order wheel bearings from them for $2 each, last I looked. I had to replace mine after years of use; it was more of a 'grinding' sound, as I recall, though. I have used silicon spray when I've heard squeaks that were hard to pinpoint. It will probably have to be redone periodically, but at least, it doesn't attract and hold dirt/dust.

Margo

Latest posts

Back