Duckie is going to a trainer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
She will be going around the first of April for training for trail and pleasure driving.

Thank you very much to those who gave me trainers names and recommended them. I believe she will do great with Dorothy Whiteman. Dorothy understands I'm looking more for general pleasure type driving. She sounds like she shares alot of my beliefs on how to treat these fine animals which means alot to me.

I know that my daughter and Erin can handle the transport of her up to Dorothys place. Then I can go visit her a few times while she is there if I just tell the girls it is a road trip. The girls like road trips.

I will keep you informed on how her training is going as Dorothy updates me.

I'm sooo excited to finally get Duckie doing something that will be good for her and help to keep her in shape

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

You will love Dorothy! She does a GREAT job, and Ducky will be in excellent hands. You will definitely be able to sleep at night...she will be completely safe and comfortable. Dorothy has a beautiful farm as well. Congratulations, and I expect we'll be seeing you around at some of the fun days coming up! :D

Thanks guys you give me peace of mind. I'm confident Duckie will be fine and come home safe and sound as a driving horse. Now as for the fun days. Not even sure how to begin there but maybe the girls will want to do something like that this summer.

I also ordered a new harness this morning because now I will have to have two of them. I sure hope Duckie has what it takes to be a driving horse. I really believe she does and will learn very quickly for Dorothy. Vicky is going to go take the lessons with Duckie and Dorothy so that will be good.

Bless you all!

Marie

Congrats! I think I have a very short list of people as trainers that I feel comfortable enough leaving a horse with. And Dorothy is on that list. I have seen how calm and kind she has been with horses that she is working with, and they have a trust in her and Ron that you can't fake. Some trainers make the horses fear them, and that is not training to me.

Can't wait to see how she does!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I think I have a very short list of people as trainers that I feel comfortable enough leaving a horse with. And Dorothy is on that list. I have seen how calm and kind she has been with horses that she is working with, and they have a trust in her and Ron that you can't fake. Some trainers make the horses fear them, and that is not training to me.

Can't wait to see how she does!!!

Thank you. All the posts and emails I have received have given me such faith that Duckie is going to someone I can trust. All of my horses trust me. I have never lifted an angry hand against them as I respect them so they respect me also. Duckie starts right out trusting people whole heartedly because she has no reason not to. I do believe she will see this training as attention and this horse loves attention. I haven't told Dorothy but she also loves men. She will follow people around like a puppy dog and do anything to get them to spend time with her. So hopefully they will enjoy having her there as much as we enjoy her here. It's going to be a tough few months when I go out to feed and she isn't standing over me looking for scratches and treats. Guess I will be cleaning the barn alone without her help. Of course it isn't really help.

I am so looking forward to seeing her driven. This will give us three driving horses. Two Carts, two harnesses but that will work for now.

You've made such a great choice!

Duckie is such a smart girl and quick learner, that I'm sure she'll make a wonderful driving horse. I'm betting Dorothy and Ron will love having her around -- so long as they avoid those slimy green apple kisses...

I do draw the line at some point. I have been known to share my apple pie with Buddy. I will leave his kisses to you when you come to visit.

Ron

Oh my Ron sharing your apple pie. That is very kind of you. But gee no kisses for Buddy? Well Duckie likes to throw her nose right up to your face for a big one. I advise you not to share apple pie with her or you will have a friend for life and a total pest. Once she gets a treat she will constantly check your pockets to see if you are hiding some. She is truly a people loving little horse and everyone is her best friend. I suspect somewhere in her pedigree is a dog.

Good luck with that no kissing thing and not crossing the line!

Marie

Latest posts

Back