Dream's Foal Thread!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to worry, we know she was bred before her "almost" episode! No "judgemental" people here.....we're all friends, so never feel you have to "defend" yourself with us!

I'm so excited to think she's going to have a little one!!! Fantastic news!!!
I just feel bad, and dont want anyone to think that I would breed a sick horse. I am glad you guys all understand! I feel a lot better now.
default_smile.png

Me too!! I am super excited. Hoping this time for a colored foal!
default_smile.png

good girl dream. cant wait to see your sweet little one.
Thank you, I can't either!

I am just catching up and so glad all ended well
default_smile.png

As Diane said we are all friends here and we are all farm girls so we know things happen no matter how hard we try to avoid the bad stuff, Lord knows I have had my share of colics and I live for my horses and check on them 4-5 times a day.

Never feel you are judged here cos we are all just a group of supportive friends
default_smile.png

I am just catching up and so glad all ended well
default_smile.png

As Diane said we are all friends here and we are all farm girls so we know things happen no matter how hard we try to avoid the bad stuff, Lord knows I have had my share of colics and I live for my horses and check on them 4-5 times a day.

Never feel you are judged here cos we are all just a group of supportive friends
default_smile.png
Thank you Eagle, that makes me feel so much better. I was so worried that Dreams cholic was going to get worse, but I think the Psyllium really helped.
default_smile.png

No need to apologise for anything here - apart from all being friends, we are also all humans and we all make mistakes. YOU didn't even make a mistake in any way! We know how you care for your horses, how much you love them and would never do anything to cause them harm, so no need for explanations and certainly no need for apologies!

Incidently my Narcotics always has a mild colic stint when she is between one and two months pregnant - I call it her 'morning sickness' and it lets us know that she is expecting. LOL!!

I'm thrilled about Dream - cant wait for next year to see what she produces.
default_yes.gif

No need to apologise for anything here - apart from all being friends, we are also all humans and we all make mistakes. YOU didn't even make a mistake in any way! We know how you care for your horses, how much you love them and would never do anything to cause them harm, so no need for explanations and certainly no need for apologies!

Incidently my Narcotics always has a mild colic stint when she is between one and two months pregnant - I call it her 'morning sickness' and it lets us know that she is expecting. LOL!!

I'm thrilled about Dream - cant wait for next year to see what she produces.
default_yes.gif
Thank you very much Anna! I am very happy that I have such great friends like you guys.
default_smile.png

Thats very interesting Anna! Whenever Dream acts like a stallion, which she has in the past, she always has a colt, so it will be interesting to see if she acts like a stallion this time or not.
default_smile.png

I am super excited for her foal, and Crystals! 11 more days till I can ultrasound them.. counting them down. lol!

Counting down the days to the ultrasound and the great news we expect!!!
Lol! Yes, I hope so!! You have no idea how long it has taken me to get Crystal infoal, its been a crazy experience. Never have had a mare that has such quite cycles, but then again these two are the only ones I have ever had. LOL!! It will be neat to see if she caught or not, would love to have two foals next year. <3

We're praying for success!!

Don't forget to post your little one's picture in our album ("pinned" at the top of our page). We love to share our babies with everyone!
Yes we are!!

Oh my, I must have forgotten! I will certainly go put his picture up there, and then do the same with next years foals.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooowwwwwww !!!! I just LOVE all those pictures of him. And we don't "move you" to another forum -- we like seeing all our babies RIGHT HERE!!!!

Thanks for posting the pictures. He sure is a sweetheart!!
Thank you!! He is definitely a cutie! No problem, glad everyone likes him, he was my favorite foal born this year at our place.
default_smile.png

Well folks, Crystal unfortunetaly came back in season, she would have been 22 days today. I am very thankful that this is a normal cycle, and not another fake cycle. I am only going to breed her this cycle and if she catches then great, but if she doesn't then I need to stop and wait to culture her next year, as its getting to be July and the flies and heat are really bad here, aslo worried about dehydration. so if she doesn't get infoal this year, then I will only have 1 foal for next year, which is fine. Unless I can convince my mother to buy me a mare that I really want.... LOL! Nah, I have to earn the money, which is why I am getting a job... FINALLY!!!
default_smile.png

So sorry about Crystal. But remember, you can buy bred mares all winter long and early spring -- that will give you time to squirrel away some $$ for the purchase!!
default_thumbup.gif
Yeah, it stinks, as this cross would have been killer. But we are going to check her just to make sure she isn't pregnant after this heat. Well, actually there is a bred mare that I have been wanting for a while, and the farm is having a special for the month of July, and they live super close to us, so hopefully it will happen! There is another mare that I would get with her who is the granddaughter of Champion Farms NightHawk! But I can't get my hopes up till I get a job. lol.

Oh what a bummer!! If you dont get her to take when you try again, just remember to tell your parents that having just one foal next year isn't a good idea as it will have no companion to play with, so you really do need to add an already pregnant mare to your little herd!!
default_yes.gif

Oh what a bummer!! If you dont get her to take when you try again, just remember to tell your parents that having just one foal next year isn't a good idea as it will have no companion to play with, so you really do need to add an already pregnant mare to your little herd!!
default_yes.gif
I hope I will be able to get another mare this year! Already found one, so I have been talking to my mother!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share that preg checks are tomorrow! Going to preg check Dream, fingers crossed that she caught! If she were to come back in it would be now, and when I went to go tease her, she did not show.

BUT, the funniest thing happened. Dream is an alpha mare, pretty much just a people horse, doesn't like other horses, well I would guess that she would do this with mares, but she went up to each stallion (there are 3) and groomed each one for about 5 minutes. It was so neat to see! I was able to get some pictures, so I am going to share!

Crystal update! 2 weeks from now, I will be preg checking Crystal. She will be preg checked on 18 days, as my mom and I have a feeling that she is dumping the baby, and needs to be put on regimate. So, very excited about that too.
default_smile.png

DSCN3357.JPG

DSCN3360.JPG

DSCN3367.JPG

DSCN3368.JPG

DSCN3361.JPG

Oh the pictures are great! Good luck with the testing!! Praying for success.....
default_pray.gif
Thanks Diane! I am praying too!

This is completely off topic, but I recently visited your site, and might I say, you have gorgeous minis! But I completely fell in love with your buckskin leopard appy stallion. My oh my, I have never seen one that pretty before. I am not very fond of appies, but seeing him makes me want to raise them! I cant imagine what the foal would look like with him and crystal.
default_thumbup.gif

I want to wish you good luck with the testing too - and thanks for the great pictures.
default_yes.gif

Very excited!!! Dream has officially confirmed infoal to Rio! She is due May 6 2013. Praying for a little filly!
default_pray.gif

Funny thing is, her and another horse both bred to the same stallion, Rio, confirmed infoal today, due a day apart, and both embryos attached in the same place, the left horn. Funny huh?

Rio has gotten every mare infoal this year, which is 4 mares, and he is only 4 years old! This is his second foal crop, and the biggest one yet.

Congrats!! Great news!

Nothing better then a stallion who is good at his job ;)

Latest posts

Back