Dream's Foal Thread!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ice is looking stunning!! LOL he is such a cute baby!!! Canit wait to see Rio and Crystals baby next year
default_smile.png
very very exciting!!

I love seeing the babies playing with the balls so cute!!

Glad you stopped by!
Thank you!! Yes, I can't wait either! He is such a cutie, he loves that ball!
default_smile.png

He is just adorable and I love to see them play. Crystal looks good too, lets hope you get your coloured baby next year
default_thumbup.gif
Thank you! Yes, I sure hope I get a colored baby!

Hey everyone!

Wow, its been a while since I came here. So sorry I left on you guys, Its been hectic, and school is finally out so I will have the summer off and be able to be on here.

Just an update:

Ice went to his new home, he was bought with another colt who was right around the same age as him. Ice will be gelded, thank goodness! I was hoping he wasn't going to a breeding home, as he would be too big for any mare. We have been breeding Dream back to the same stallion, vet checked and okay-ed for this years breeding. It has been 15 days since Dream was bred last, and she hasn't come back in, so I am going to check around 18 days. Hoping that she doesn't come back in, if she doesn't, then we will check her at 30 days.

Crystal, my 31 1/2" mare has not come in since the last time she was bred, she has been a tough one this year to get infoal. I might have to wait till next year to breed her again, as its already June and I dont want a summer baby, as the flies are horrid here. I am hoping she doesn't come in again, if she doesn't, we will preg check her around 30 days.

Here are some recent pictures of Crystal, I wanted to share with you all! Again, super sorry I haven't been around lately.
default_smile.png

6-15-12 006.JPG

6-15-12 011.JPG

6-15-12 015.JPG

6-15-12 016.JPG

6-15-12 019.JPG

6-15-12 018.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
oh she is lovely! We missed you, I agree summer is hectic, as I havent been able to post as much, but still like to read and catch up on all the mommas and babies.

Just such a pretty girl!!!! Glad to have you back!! We'll be needing you for sure to help us get through "our" season, then the UK.....and then on to the Australian babies!!! I just love that we have year-round babies to meet and greet!!!
default_thumbup.gif
Thank you!! I am very happy to be back! Oh my, babies all year round! Sounds fun! Will definitely be here from now on!!
default_yes.gif

I have some news on Dream today, not the best news unfortunetaly.

Dream almost choliced today. She isn't eating her pellets, rolls but didn't shake. So we went out to see her today to watch her. We soaked some senior feed in oil and she ate that. She finally drank some water. She after a few hours had past, she was acting fine. We had her out all day to keep an eye on her. It was about 5pm and we had her out in the round pen, she rolled, and shook off the dirt, so that was a good sign. She was acting normal the rest of the day, but when we fed the horses, she didn't eat any of her pellets. Her poop was very sandy when we first arrived. I cleaned out her stall and pellets she didn't finish. We will see what happens tomorrow. I am going to pray tonight that she doesn't cholic.

If the poop was sandy she may need some Psyllium pronto! You can use Psylllium, or something like Sand Blast or Sand Clear or even Metamucil. But I bet she's got a belly full of sand and they will certainly colic from sand!

Hope she's better today, but is the poop is sandy then you need to get it out of her system right away. You can do the "poop sand test" in a small sandwich bag.....take fresh poop add water and mix it around. Then, let it sit for a bit and settle out. The sand will fall to the bottom and you can see how much she's got, and then treat her and retest until the sand is nearly gone.

Keep us posted!

Since my horses are on dry-lots of ONLY sand here in Florida, they get Physllium once a month for 3-5 days and I've been very fortunate. I just get my Physllium at the feed store as a generic rather than the more expensive Sand Clear or Sand Blast, and it works like a charm!!!
Yes, we feed our minis Psyllium twice a day morning and night, so hopefully she will get better. I will definitely keep you guys posted!
default_smile.png

She was fine today, ate her dinner last night and half of her breakfast.
default_smile.png

Thank you Cassie!

Thanks guys for asking! Dream is doing much better. The vet was actually out to folickle check another mare, and he happened to be by Dream stall and we asked him what he thought. He says she will be fine. We told him about the cow-pie poop and told him it was sandy, and then he said "oh thats not good at all" He asked if we were giving her Psyllium, and we told him a full scoop twice a day. He said to keep doing that and she should be fine. She was drinking a lot of water today, which is good. But she isn't peeing at all, just TONS of poop, which worries me.

I also teased her today, she would be 19 days since she was last bred, was definitely NOT in. My mom and I think she is pregnant. I hope she doesn't absorb it, I would really like a foal for next year thats MINE!!! Lol! We are going to preg check her in 11 days.

I just want to make it clear to everyone that Dream was bred BEFORE she almost choliced. She did not cholic, everything has been taken care of. I would never breed a mare if she had an illness, it was just bad timing. Statistically, mares can have minor cholics after they are bred, or when they become pregnant, so we think it was that. We did give her worming, and the vet said that thats what got her stomach upset. Everything is fine now, she is eating normally and is back to herself.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back