Dream's Foal Thread!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't breed until June cos it snows a lot here in Italy, by the time it all melts and the grass comes back it is May. I like my mares to be on grass before they foal cos it takes a while for there tummies to get used to it so I don't want them getting the runs if they are producing milk. Jmho

They both look great, thanks for sharing:)

I don't breed until June cos it snows a lot here in Italy, by the time it all melts and the grass comes back it is May. I like my mares to be on grass before they foal cos it takes a while for there tummies to get used to it so I don't want them getting the runs if they are producing milk. Jmho

They both look great, thanks for sharing:)
That makes sense.
default_smile.png
Thanks for telling me!

Just want to show you guy's Dreams new boyfriend for this years breeding! He is the one and only Dell Tera's Checkers!! I am so thrilled and excited that my friend is allowing me to use this boy, she is very close to him, and usually does not allow outside mares to breed to him. Words cannot describe how happy I am!
default_smile.png
Hoping for a red splash or frame overo filly! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Here are some pictures of the famouse boy! <3

11772-435x352.jpg

crop9-456x353.jpg

webpictchecks22-425x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Checkers is owned by Vandy's miniature horses, you can see more pics of him and there other stallions on there website, just go to there website and click on the stallions page, then click on there picture to view there gallery. Some AWESOME studs on there, Dreams old boyfriend is on there, Rio, and so is Checkers and Taz!

www.vandy'sminihorses.com

Oh wow,that stud is handsome, and what a pretty mare, not to mention the cute little baby! Excited to see what they will make for next year.

Hey everyone!

Wow, this thread seems a bit slow..lol, so many new foals! Just love it!

I just want to show you guys some pictures of Crystal all shaved, had to shave her, she was very uncomfortable with all the hair, but I do blanket her at night, because its still a wee bit cold.
default_smile.png

DSCN1715.JPG

DSCN1716.JPG

DSCN1720.JPG

DSCN1723.JPG

Crystal has a best friend, they always whinnie to each other when they pass by each other, so I always put them out together in the arena. Here are some pictures of them having fun!

DSCN1731.JPG

DSCN1732.JPG

DSCN1736.JPG

DSCN1735.JPG

DSCN1734.JPG

I just love it when they play with their buddies. They look like really good friends!!!

She looks good!! Lots of running and playing! Just great!
They are the best of friends, if I could put them in a stall and keep them together, I would..but Crystal is a bit of a food hog, so no one can go with her in her stall lol! But might I say, she is way thinner then I thought she was! After I shaved her I could make another mini with all her hair.

Thank you! She had a blast today, I need to let all the mares out together, well, at least the ones that aren't alpha's. o_O

Yes, sometimes it really surprising how much winter fur they grow! I know what you mean about making another horse. I have a few here that are like that -- and I'm always surprised when they're clipped -- they look so much smaller without all the hair!!
totally! My trainer and I were standing with Crystal and she said "Wow...I really didn't know how small she was until now." Lol, she is tiny, I was thinking about breeding her to Dream's last boyfriend, Rio, but I realized today that she is way smaller then I thought, and Rio just is not the one for her. He is refined enough, but he is a little bit taller then her, and my trainer suggested to breed her to a smaller stallion since she is a maiden mare.
default_smile.png

How tall is she, and how tall is the stallion you are talking about?

A lot more depends on the "refinement" of the stallion you breed her to -- as a maiden, I mean -- than just height. If the stallion is refined, and won't be throwing any "fat, chunky boned foals" then you can go a bit taller than her. It looks like she has a nice hip for carrying and delivery, but you will want to make sure you choose a stallion who is refined and "slim" boned.
She is 31 1/2 inches tall. The stallion is 32-33 inches tall. The stallion that I am breeding her to is 29-30 inches tall, he is a lot smaller then her and way more refined. Here are the two stallions that my friend has. The one on the left is Rio, the one I am not breeding her too, and then Taz, the one I am breeding her too.
default_smile.png
And here are some pictures of them running.

How tall is she, and how tall is the stallion you are talking about?

A lot more depends on the "refinement" of the stallion you breed her to -- as a maiden, I mean -- than just height. If the stallion is refined, and won't be throwing any "fat, chunky boned foals" then you can go a bit taller than her. It looks like she has a nice hip for carrying and delivery, but you will want to make sure you choose a stallion who is refined and "slim" boned.
She is 31 1/2 inches tall. The stallion is 32-33 inches tall. The stallion that I am breeding her to is 29-30 inches tall, he is a lot smaller then her and way more refined. Here are the two stallions that my friend has. The one on the left is Rio, the one I am not breeding her too, and then Taz, the one I am breeding her too.
default_smile.png
And here are some pictures of them running.

RioandSam_015-600x400.jpg

PupsandTAZ_079-600x400.jpg

PupsandTAZ_138-600x401.jpg

RioandSam_162-600x401.jpg

RioandSam_138-600x400.jpg

OH, this should be an outstanding baby!!! Wonderful selection for her. They are both beautiful -- but Taz looks like the perfect match for her. Expect something LOUD next year!!!

(And we better be invitied to watch!!!)
I am VERY VERY thrilled and excited to have these boy's in my life, and have a wonderful friend that is letting me breed my mare to her stallions. Thank you so much! I Can't wait to see what Taz and her produce!! Yes Must be LOUD! Crystal carries the red gene, black gene, cream gene, and possibly sabino and splash, and Taz carries the black gene, and possibly the red gene, so I am hoping for a black overo...any gender is fine, but I would "prefer" filly!

You are MORE then welcome to join! I am hopefully going to have marestare up for next year, we are getting our new place, so I will have our mini's on our property, so fingers crossed that we are able to get marestare up!!! If I can't get marestare up, then I will be posting tons of pictures of her progress. Taz has the most beautiful head, I am most excited to see what head I get beyond anything else LOL!!

Here is another picture of his head, I am just in love! <3

PupsandTAZ_137-600x401.jpg

PupsandTAZ_142-600x400.jpg

PupsandTAZ_057-600x400.jpg

PupsandTAZ_020-600x400.jpg

PupsandTAZ_139-600x401.jpg

Dream has been exposed to Dell Tera's Checkers for 2013 foal!! She was vet checked and approved for this years breeding!

My friend owns him, and I am so excited that I am breeding my mare to him! All they can have is reds!! I am hoping for a red overo, I don't mind if its a colt, but I would prefer filly of course!
default_wink.png

Hey Everyone!!

Gosh, I haven't been on in a LONG time! I miss you guys!

I got some news, and some pictures of Ice and I shaved Crystal so I am going to share some of her all shaved pictures.

I have recently decided that I am going to breed Dream back to Rio, the black splash overo that she was bred to last year, I really liked how Ice came out conformationally wise, now all I need is color!! So I am very excited for that!

Here are some pictures of Ice and Crysal!

DSCN2056.jpg

DSCN2062.jpg

DSCN2063.jpg

DSCN2066.jpg

DSCN2066.jpg

DSCN2068.jpg

392493_171175543004003_100003346768747_256319_276025838_n.jpg

Ice is looking stunning!! LOL he is such a cute baby!!! Canit wait to see Rio and Crystals baby next year
default_smile.png
very very exciting!!

I love seeing the babies playing with the balls so cute!!

Glad you stopped by!

He is just adorable and I love to see them play. Crystal looks good too, lets hope you get your coloured baby next year
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back