dog question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywood mini

Reaction score
Has anyone ran into this? My male dog was neutered the first week of June. Today I found him "tied" to my female that I did not want him bred to. I'm sure he's infertal but am surprised that he would be capable of a tie.

Its not unusual.

Just because he doesn't have the bullets he still has the gun.
default_wink.png

Some dogs even neutered long term can get aroused around bitches particularly those in heat.

if i were you i would get your female checked. There is a lag period between when male is cut, and when all the seamen are actually out of his system. Also, depending on his age, he will still have quite a bit of testosterone flowing through him and act all boy

I would think you would be safe since he has been neutered for around a month as far as fetility goes, but it is not uncommon for a neutered male to mount and successfully tie with a female. I have also had geldings actually breed mares that were in heat as well, and some of these geldings had been gelded 8+ years. Just because they have lost their tools, they cetainly don't forget they are boys.

Josh

Back