Dog people

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, because I wasn't implying that you were "extremely abusing" your terrier.
Hmmm... you apparently did not see the whole comment before I edited but only caught it halfway. Oh well, there's no going back there now.

...or as if reading the book and applying it are two separate things.
Because of course, you dismissively decided that I would not apply any of those ideas - which was wrong. You simply decided - or "knew" - that I did not "get it" - as I surmised in my last post. But you were/are mistaken. Apparently I am smarter than you think I am - I "got it", thanks. Please go back and reread what I said about how Tug my border terrier benefitted before you start pointing fingers again... [SIZE=8pt]ETA: but you did anyway. [/SIZE]

mininik - you suggested abuse... without caring about the circumstances or knowing the dogs and people involved in any way - nope - you know better. Only - you were/are wrong.

And I'll leave it at that.

Good night.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said you read the book and later said you used parts of it. I don't believe it's a book intended to be used in part for behavior modification. Of course one can only reply to the information given on forums. And whether or not I'm wrong thinking alpha rolls are abusive really depends upon who you ask. To clarify, do I think you are extremely abusing your dog when you alpha roll him? From your description of his reaction, no. Do I think the punishment is working? Not if you have to keep repeating it. Do I think his behavior could be modified without coercion to eliminate the need for alpha rolls? Most definitely, and I have no problem whatsoever admitting that I may not know how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back