Does anyone live in Davis, California?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you thinking of going to UC Davis vet school? If so, it's one of the BEST in the nation!!!

Liz R.

I live close to Davis. Davis itself is a excellent community.....

Land prices are high in and around Davis, Dixon, Vacaville.....even way out in the country....expect to pay around $500,000 UP for a 1 acre piece with a livable home. If you want "horse" property....$800,000 UP should do it. Although I do know of a real nice place not too far from me that is 5 acres w/a new 4 stall barn, good fencing 3b/2ba home for $650,000.(no irrigation)

I think closer to Winters/Woodland it is a little cheaper. But not by much. This is California.
default_wacko.png

Not sure what apartments are...when my daughter lived there while attending UC Davis, they were around $700+ for a 1 bedroom. Houses were $1,000 or so for a 3 bedroom. (shared w/other students)

Lots of places to board horses. Not a clue on the prices.

I personally wouldn't live anywhere else. We are between Vacaville and Dixon west of Davis.

Sue
default_smile.png

I live about 40 miles from there. Depending on how far away you would want to live the prices range from very high to very low. There is a lot of farm land and a lot of horse property. Prices in California have dropped drastically, but mostly in subivisions and Condos. Land has held out a little better, but there is much to choose from right now.

Ug, $600k for a property that can have horses on it?! That's not good... I'm looking at the possiblility of working for UC Davis so was trying to get an idea of what it would cost to live there. The salary is quite high for Kentucky... I could afford a 20 acre farm on it :p But not sure what that would do me in Davis! If property and appartments are that expensive I don't think I can afford to go work for them...

google "real Estate" You can find the multiple listings for properties anywhere in the united states. You can find proerty much cheaper than that in certain areas. You can find property for a horse or 2 for around $300,000.00. maybe even lower if you are lucky. like I said there is a lot to choose from right now. The rent sounds about right or maybe even on the low side from what I have heard.

I'm flying out to Davis to interview in about two weeks... I have a few apartment complexes to look at. It looks like I can get a four room apartment with three roomates (private bedrooms) for $650, and a private one bedroom apartment for $1000. No idea on barns to look at though... I have no idea what it'd cost to board my QH stud there. Probably way too much... anyone have any leads to look at?

Hi Nathan,

Sent you a PM.

Breanna

ETA: BTW, Liz, thanks for the plug for the vet school....definitely agree with you there.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back