"Diminutives Treasure's Secret Gold"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry Deb. I wish I were there to give you a hug. Bless your dear little mare and you too.

Deb, I am sorry to hear about your loss and I feel your pain having lost one of my mares this year but you must feel proud that you knew what to do and what was best for your girl. I try to think of it as THE LAST FAVOUR YOU WILL DO FOR AN OLD FRIEND.

hugs and best wishes

Mandy

:eek: I am so sorry! How sad
default_sad.png
I send you my best wishes {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :no:

[SIZE=14pt]Deb,[/SIZE]

I'm so, so sorry about Treasure!
default_sad.png
She was a beautiful girl!

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Bill, Wanalynn & The "Brat Pack"

[SIZE=14pt]OMG how heartbreaking.... I am so terribly sorry that you and she had to go through this. She is a beautiful girl. I am so sorry......[/SIZE]

Rest easy now. Her hoof is healed and she's standing quietly with GOD.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my "horse of my lifetime" to founder, caused by a reaction to an injection by the vet-long story......but your post brought immediate tears to my eyes, as I felt all that you wrote. Nothing has ever affected me the way her death did.....I'll be a wreck all night now, but I wanted to offer my sincerest sympathy to you.

[SIZE=18pt]Deb-[/SIZE]

I'm so very sorry for your loss, but now she can run and eat all the grass she wants. She can romp and play with all the foals and treat them as her own. She crossed with the all the dignanty and love she had while you knew her.

Hugs,

Christy

My heart goes out to you....I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png

God Bless and take care...

My sincere condolences for your loss of such a beautiful mare :no:

Your story was written so beautifully I think its one of those that i will always remember ....

your mare was very lucky to have you have the courage to help her so sweetly out of her pain.

What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful friend. We can all feel the love you have for her.

I am crying with you for your mare and for you as i try to type this

even though we have never met this is just heart wrenching.

Lori

Good morning. I sat and cried and smiled as I read each of your responses. I will thank each of you individually as well, for the outpouring of care here is immeasureable and does help. Such a long sad weekend. I carry her face in my head constantly, I miss her so much. I have "owned" horses for 19 yrs and thank God I never had a huge vet bill or horrible illness or even death. My heart broke each time I would read of someone going thru this but I never quite understood til now the absolute agony they felt. So thank you for sharing with me, for honoring my Treasure. She sure was a classy lady for a 3 yr old. I always said she was born with an old soul.

Sharon, your post about telling Miss Kitty just broke me to pieces. I loved that lil gal and you are so perfect for her. There will never be another one like her or her daughter Treasure. I always was amazed how a, what is she maybe 30" or so?, and a 29" stallion could create a 38" pony! I miss her soft mane, I miss brushing her and hearing her talk to me. Her stall is clean and stands empty and dark.

I hung her stall plaque that Linda made me on her grave. I see her each day, I know in time the hurt will heal and my heart will ache a bit less but it does feel so empty here now without her. The other 2 girls are quiet. They don't whinney for her at all. So we grieve together and I brush them tho Thera is not as accepting, she'd rather graze but my Halley will stand with me if I brush her and we hold each other in comfort.

Thank you dear forum. The PMs and even a call from Heather from Arkansas! on her way home from Nationals..and Ginny...thank you for offering Keesha back but you and I know she loves it there. She is queen, she has her king, and she rules your farm. The Betty Davis of minis should continue to winter where it is warmer and she can have a cookie whenever you walk from your house...but thank you for the generous offer. Marty gave me a great gift...she told me Micheal will find her in heaven and while crabbing about how she's a white horse and all the work she'll be he'll tuck her under his wing and watch over her and give her treats from his back pocket. I told Micheal how she loves to be brushed and she'd be a good girl for him. She's so lovely that all the pretty young girls in heaven will be drawn to my Treasure like a magnet and he'll be so popular.

Thank you all for your kindness it has touiched my heart more than you'll ever know.

Oh Deb, I am so sorry to hear about your very loved and precious Treasure. She was beautiful. Very few horses get to know this kind of love right to the end. As hard as it was to do, you did the right thing, and she is now painfree and playing with all her friends. I am sitting here crying about this as I try to type this. Here for youif you need to talk. (((Hugs))) Corinne

Dear Debs,

I too am sitting and crying. I recently had to put my dog to rest and I know how painful it is. You just know the time has come and it is the right decision but it is still so hard.

Oh, Deb, I'm so so sorry. Kudos to you for being strong enough to give her the freedom from pain. I'll give Kinder a hug for you tonight.

Your story of what happened was written so beautifully, the love you have for her is so touching. I sat here bawling for you and her but knowing you did the right thing and she knew you were too. I had to let a mare go a few years ago but still remember it like yesterday. A lot of us on here know the pain so well, even though you know you are doing what is best it still hurts. You gave her a wonderful, loving life while she was here, hold on to your beautiful memories of her close in your heart (((HUG)))

Oh, Deb, why do we sometimes have to give up that which we most do not want to?

She is beautiful and always will be.

I am so sorry for the loss of her physical presence, and all the pain unto that point. Please know my thoughts are with you.

Liz M.

Hi Deb,

I am so sorry for your loss. I apologize for the lateness of this post, but as you know my world is sort of upside down right now and I was not able to log on this weekend. Anyway, just want to send you hugs and my deepest sympathy on loosing such a pretty girl.

(((hugs)))

Latest posts

Back