Different types of mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EquineLover

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of some different types of mini, such as Morgan, Thoroughbred, and Draft?Also pintaloosa's,grulla's,buckskins,palominos,and paints w/ blue eyes? I'd like to see some pics.
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
14_fireball.JPG

this is Candy Meadow's Atomic Fireball. He looks VERY morgany especially in person.

14_silver1.JPG

this is "Mister Hi Ho Silver" (no he's not ewe necked he's just being a dop in that photo and jerked his head up last minute). Everyone say's he's very araby... though sometimes i really dont' see it other than for his color..lol He moves very much like thoroughbred though. very flat knee'd and rather long and low. Awesome driving horse.

here's another one of fireball my morgany mini! lol

14_fireball%203.JPG

I think our stallion, Tex, is a Morgan type as well. He does have a dishy type head, that he passes to his foals, (as you can see by the gelding on my avitar) but his body type is more substancial, tho' still refined. This is a winter, fuzz-butted picture, but the shape is still there...somewhere under all that hair.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Tex.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

sue, he does look pretty morgany doesn't he
default_smile.png
Personally i've found i tend to like more the morgany stye mini's than some of the ones you see competeing now that are, in my oppinin a bit too refined. I liek them havin ga stallion neck..not a sissy little mare neck..to me there's not a whole lot pretty abuot a stallion with a skinny little neck..lol.. the breed standard say's they should look MASCULINE and alot don't right now... but that'sjust my oppinion..LOL...

Is the dog an Aussie?

Hillary

Is the dog an Aussie?
Yes, he is...that's my old Kodi-dog. I don't get far with a horse, without him near...he only allows me to borrow them.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Here's a pic of our 12 year old, pinta-loosa mare, Blue Ridge Ivy. (Buffie) She's the dam of the gelding in my avitar.
default_wub.png
: She's due in either May or June...we are hoping for another black blanketed appy filly, just like last years. Greedy aren't we? :lol:

whatchadoingmom.jpg

:saludando:
default_yes.gif
: You are so right she looks very much like the wonderful Morgan mare I had when I was a teenager.

14_fireball.JPG

this is Candy Meadow's Atomic Fireball. He looks VERY morgany especially in person.

14_silver1.JPG

this is "Mister Hi Ho Silver" (no he's not ewe necked he's just being a dop in that photo and jerked his head up last minute). Everyone say's he's very araby... though sometimes i really dont' see it other than for his color..lol He moves very much like thoroughbred though. very flat knee'd and rather long and low. Awesome driving horse.

here's another one of fireball my morgany mini! lol

14_fireball%203.JPG

I am in love with the arabian, refined style but I do like to see a wider chest and stockier build for a driving horse...just imagining those refined sticks pulling a cart makes me wince sometimes! I too like to see stallion necks, I like the masculine look and I too would rather see a muscly neck than a noodle =)

I will be a hypocrite this year though because my stallion is a gangly 1 1/2yr old, he doesn't have his stallion neck yet!

Anyhow, I don't have a clue what body type my horses have but here's my grulla appaloosa filly, she has one crystal blue eye =)

Diva2.jpg

Here is another more recent photo of her =)

Diva2-24-06-7.jpg

My Boy is very Thoroughbred!My little race horse gosh he should be one!

weeshow.jpg

weemantorttingscenic.jpg

weerearingthree.jpg

Cronewolf,

actually "she's" a He. he's my one of my stallions. first time i ever saw a picture of him i thought "wow what a nice little morgan" LOL (even though i knew he was a mini). I fell in love and had to have him.

KenBen,

Your's definaly has a morgany head too!

:lol: I have a Warm Blood in miniature, (about 38-39 inches) but have to get pic's tomorrow, forgot the camera! UG!

Boinky, so You are the lucky one that bought him, I looked and looked at him, but then dedcided against as I found what I was looking for closer to home. I was going to geld him, bet he's glad he got you instead!! :new_shocked: :bgrin Nice horses everyone, I will have to edit and add on Neo tomorrow, he's my new leadline / kids pony, and I just Love him!
default_wub.png
:

They're all pretty! :aktion033: I like the more refined types, but I also think the chunky'er ones are really cute ,I guess I just like them all. lol
default_rolleyes.gif
: I really like Boinky's Fireball, and Whitewaves pinto,and roan, but so far I think my fave is Mini Luver's boy! He's verry pretty, and I think with the right background, he could appear to be a "big" horse in the 2nd picture.
default_yes.gif
: Does anybody have some driving, obstacle, and jumping pics to?

Spotted pony girl,

well..lol i ALMOST didn't get him. I saw him online when she first listed him. LOVED him. my friend bought a load of horses there and we drove down to get them (i'm in Maine). well i didn't have the money at the time and was a little sad that i just couldnt' do it. I wasnt' going to, but i decided to see him while we were actually at the farm..lol that made matters even worse! lol i wanted him more after i saw him. Well i got back home and some money became available. I purchased him and made plans to go back down and pick him up..those plans fell through! lol.. luckly i was planning to move to Kentucky at the time and i got cheap transport for him to kentucky. Lol THEN my plans to move to kentucky fell through AFTER i moved my mini's down there..so i just moved them all back home..but heck..i got him home! lol i LOVE him!

he is THE MOST sweet boy. He's very laid back and loves attention......AWESOME driving horse. He was quite wild when we got him into Kentucky.....i'd say barely halterbroke if at all..lol I had the transporter drop him off at a farm in Bowlign green as that was as far as they would bring him and i was going to be living outside of lousiville. well i went downt o get him at the farm and they had dropped him off with no halter into a paddock thatw as probably 200/300X150 ish...

let me tell ya.......... i was really thinking i made a mistake getting him. it took us two hours to get him! i finally ended up backing my trailer into the paddock and we shooed him into it to catch him! i got him back to the farm and put him in the round pen and worked with him every day for a week and spent any spare moments i had with him.. he was SOOO smart and so willing to learn and just SUCKED IT UP.. alot of people will say i'm nuts but I had him driving by the end of the week and he showed NO problems whatsoever and to this day is a very consistent boy in harness despite being relatively green. he has a natural arched head set and is always on the bit and soft mouth so you don't have to use a check or a martingale. I took him to a driving clinic when he had only been driven about 6 times fresh off the trailer in Maine from Kentucky and he was great....I took him to a local show last fall and showed him..he got 1st out of like 5 or 6 other horses and placed well in Halter...he's just AWESOME! He was worth far more than i paid for him
default_smile.png
I think i'll breed him for the first time this season and see what he throws, but i expect he'll probably throw some nice foals..

also would like to see roans, dun, cremello, and show pics, or fun at home pics, pretty much anything. :bgrin How bout some minis, and mini donkeys/ mules together?
default_yes.gif
:

Here's a photo of one of my minis when he was carrying a 'little' extra weight. He looked so much like a 'real' draft horse (all 32 inches of him) that I just had to braid him up and take his photo.

draft%20montage%20web.jpg

misty0603.jpg

Misty- my Quarterhorse type

squitfuz112005.jpg

Squit- my 25.75" quarterhorse type

calitaatkims0206.jpg

Calita- my Falabella mare that is like a Thoroughbred body with appy color
default_smile.png

saganice0704.jpg

Saga- another TB body type with appy coloring

calistanice4mths092105.jpg

Calista- Calita's daughter, leggy and appy colored- appy sport type?

colorslkbk0206.jpg

Colors- definately a TB body with appy color
default_smile.png

Tammie

Latest posts

Back