Did anyone watch the CMA Awards??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareng

Reaction score
I have to say that I'm not one for all the big names who don't seem down to earth and that's not so much the case in country music as it is in other areas (actors come to mind) but I was just touched by her emotions when she sang "I Wonder" at the award show and broke down. What a moment for her and look at how far she has come. Carrie Underwood had a thrilling night as well. I just love it when someone comes out of nowhere and they are so genuine.

Karen

I watched some of it, didn't see Kelli perform... I'm not a huge fan of hers, I like her music, just not a big fan... Love Carrie, and love her song 'So Small.' I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO estatic when Sugarland beat out Brooks and Dunn for Duo
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
about time!! I wasn't a big surprise when Carrie won Female Vocalist.. and soo happy Kenny got Entertainer of the Year again.. I cried when Taylor won Horizon Award, she's sooo cute and to be that talented (writing and singing her own songs) at such a young age is amazing! And of course we can't leave out "The King of Country" George Strait..
default_wub.png
Is it sad I'm 21 and have had a *crush* on him for YEARS? lol He looks amazing for his age and gotta love his voice..
default_wub.png

I watched, I watched!!

I'm not a big fan of female artists. Not sure why just never really cared for how their stuff sounded. But I do like Reba and LeAnn Rimes. Not a huge fan of Carrie underwood, even though shes an okie. Didn't like the Pickler girl at all. Taylow Swift is ok in my book.

I was most estatic that Rascal Flatts performed twice and won at least one award (was flipping through channels most of the night, so caught most of it but not all). Their my fav group, would LOVE to go to one of their concerts.
default_wub.png
The one time they were here, was the week we were gone for Regionals.
default_sad.png

I don't keep up with actors/actresses so call me dumb but I didn't know that Brad Paisley's wife was an actress, much less I would have never recognized that was her on According to Jim if they hadn't said that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Their my fav group, would LOVE to go to one of their concerts. The one time they were here, was the week we were gone for Regionals.
I saw them in concert a couple years ago and it was GREAT! Very energy packed show and they are soooo good with the audience, cracking jokes, flirting etc etc, and of course Gary and Jay are both from Ohio so they talked Buckeyes (Go Bucks!) and cracked jokes about the team up north
default_wink.png

I don't keep up with actors/actresses so call me dumb but I didn't know that Brad Paisley's wife was an actress, much less I would have never recognized that was her on According to Jim if they hadn't said that!
Yep they were set up on a 'blind-date', fell in love, got married in 2003 and just had a baby boy in February!! I think they are absolutely adorable together
default_wub.png

Loved the Kellie Pickler moment! I didn't watch the whole show, but was glad I got to see that part.

Carrie Underwood's not genuine - did you see her in the preshow? Totally condescending to the interviewer and she's already well-known in the industry as being a major b!tch.

I love me some Taylor Swift. Now THERE is a girl with talent, who is genuine and warm and not afraid to let her geek out. She's a teenager, and she acts like a teenager. Refreshing to see.

The first time I saw her was in the music video for the song Little Momments, and I'm picturing it now and don't see the resemblence between her there and her in According to Jim, so I guess thats why it amazed me.

... and just had a baby boy in February!!
And I think I heard her say his name is Huck....pretty unusually name. And I'm sorry but I can just imagine the teasing he will get....

And I think I heard her say his name is Huck....pretty unusually name. And I'm sorry but I can just imagine the teasing he will get....
The baby's name is William Huckleberry Paisley.. They call him 'Will' or 'Huck'
default_wub.png
Here's a quote from Brad on why they chose Huckleberry:

He's William Huckleberry Paisley. As in Huckleberry Finn -- a reference to a spirit of adventure I hope he embodies. I can see him now -- out playing in the woods, taking chances. Sorta conjures up ideas of Mark Twain, you know. He's healthy. Doing great. Kim's doing great. We call him Will.

I watched some of it, was kinda channel surfing when it wasnt somebody i liked! I love Rascall Flatss too!! Do you have their newest CD- it is so good, but I love them all!!

I also like Carrie U music dont know about how she is but do like her singing.

I thought Taylor Swift was the most adorable! I cried then too!

Did you know that Brad Paisely wife was on Father of the Bride movies, I love those so have them, then saw her on what About Jim, cute how they got together, Although I wouldnt name Huckelbeery but hey they are famous, I mean those people come up with some names!! Apple, Moses, Coco, etc...

I wish i could see Rascal Flatts, maybe someday? I told my husband if they come here I am going! LOL
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the explainations about his name. I mean I figured it had to do with Huckleberry Finn. It just caught me off guard when right there on that well-watch show she said they called him Huck.
default_smile.png

I didn't know she was in those!! But now that you said that...was she the one playing the daughter???? Wow. Hmm. Cool! I love those movies too.
default_smile.png

I have their newest CD that came out in late Sept. Was at World when it came, but had ordered it before it was even available. Its good, like all of them, but ya know I really gotta tell you that I like the last one better. I'm STILL stuck on "My Wish" as my fav song!! And the other songs on it were just so real as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carrie Underwood's not genuine - did you see her in the preshow? Totally condescending to the interviewer and she's already well-known in the industry as being a major b!tch.
Really? Jenn, where did that come from? I keep up to date on such things - have a friend "in the industry" and have never heard anything describing Carrie as a bitch, diva etc. So I am not sure how "well-known" that is....

*puzzled*

The DJs on the radio here this morning were less than impressed with Kellie... they grumbled that she pulls the same "act" everytime she sings that song... and plays it up.

I am not sure she is that good of an actor - I think that song is just very personal for her...

Thanks for the explainations about his name. I mean I figured it had to do with Huckleberry Finn. It just caught me off guard when right there on that well-watch show she said they called him Huck.
default_smile.png

I didn't know she was in those!! But now that you said that...was she the one playing the daughter???? Wow. Hmm. Cool! I love those movies too.
default_smile.png

I have their newest CD that came out in late Sept. Was at World when it came, but had ordered it before it was even available. Its good, like all of them, but ya know I really gotta tell you that I like the last one better. I'm STILL stuck on "My Wish" as my fav song!! And the other songs on it were just so real as well.
Oh I love My wish too!! I love them all and cant get enough! I listen to them constantly and my husband makes fun of me!! Oh well!LOL

I am not a big fan of Kelli but I did see her performance.

I love Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood....I never heard anything bad about her everything....But by far I love Taylor shes amazing and will grow up to be something even more amazing.

I, however loved me some Jason Micheal Carroll and to hear that Wendy was there was amazing. I just think he's down to earth too.
default_smile.png

Jason Micheal Carroll
Dang I missed him!! I LOVE his voice!
default_wub.png
I'm not crazy about guys with hair longer than me lol but boy he's actually really cute lol
default_wink.png
I sooo love his song "Living Our Love Song.."
default_wub.png

What about Miranda Lambert??? LOVE her - she's got some attitude!

I also really liked the other girls and Josh Turner looks better and better all the time! Great voice too!

Have to say though, what the heck is with Leann Rimes?? If anyone was ever in need of a new stylist, she's the one.... :DOH!

Latest posts

Back