dehydrating peppers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniluck

Reaction score
hello I was wondering if any one could help me.. I have a lot of jalapeno and green bell peppers I want to dehydrate. does any one know how long it will take? I have a magic chef dehydrator.. thank you Darcy

Hi Darcy,

It depends on whether you cook the peppers first, and how small you cut them. If you make, say, 1/2 x 1/2 inch pieces, should take 2 days in the dehydrator, but if you steam them first, it might take as little as a day. Or longer but really thin slices, probably about the same amount of time Bigger (thicker) pieces will take longer. Make sure the temperature is not too high (air blowing out should feel comfortably warm, not hot), otherwise the outsides dry too fast and the insides stay damp...

Good luck!

Lori

Hi Darcy,
It depends on whether you cook the peppers first, and how small you cut them. If you make, say, 1/2 x 1/2 inch pieces, should take 2 days in the dehydrator, but if you steam them first, it might take as little as a day. Or longer but really thin slices, probably about the same amount of time Bigger (thicker) pieces will take longer. Make sure the temperature is not too high (air blowing out should feel comfortably warm, not hot), otherwise the outsides dry too fast and the insides stay damp...

Good luck!

Lori
Hi Lori.. thank you for the reply.. im going to go start them and see how it works.. thanks again Darcy

Latest posts

Back