Curious if I'm in the wrong?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since she is a sister-in-law, I assume that her husband is either your brother or your husbands brother. My concern would be in keeping in touch with that brother. I have a sister who is married to a man who sexually abused their children. She was always the one that worked outside the home and was not aware of what was going on. The children were all taken away. I have chosen to continue to speak and see this man when necessary to make sure I continue to have a relationship with my sister. She is the important thing to me. I feel I need to be there to support her.

Charlotte

I greatly appreciate everyone's views, and Castle Rock, your post touched me very deeply and I understand what you are saying. Sometimes it's hard not to get bad feelings because I have to see my husband get upset. He has basically distanced himself from everyone in the family, and yet the two or three times a year he talks to them, everything they say is based on his sister. He's tired of reliving the horrible things that happened, and everytime someone says her name, he does just that because he was closer to her kids than anyone else in the family. Not to mention he was a teenager when it happened and he had to suffer from people's remarks and the alienation of being around schoolmates who knew what had happened. No matter how hard people try, they do judge family members by something that another family member does.

[SIZE=12pt]I'm afraid I have to agree with your opinion on the matter. As far as allowing a child to be around her. Again, I would never take the chance with a child when I am the person in the position of trust to expose that child to a known child killer. Sorry, I belive in giving people second chances when they've had the time to prove to all concerned they have truly changed, but in the case of exposing a child to her, you (your family member) are soley responsible for that childs welfare and I too believe it is a form of child endangerment.[/SIZE]

Just my 2 cents,

Joy

I showed all of your responses to my husband last night, and he wanted to thank you all. It made him feel better to see that us standing alone is understood by others...outside of the family.

And thank you to those who shared some very hard experiences yourselves. It's sad to know that there's so much violence in the world, and scary that those who so easily commit it, are out amongst us. We've found that a child killer is looked at a lot differently, then a sexual offender. She did not have restrictions to stay away from any child, nor does she have to live any distance from a school or register as such. And to top it off, the court has approved her request to have communication with her son, who is now 14. It was horrible seeing them around each other last year at a family member's wedding.
default_shutup.gif

Latest posts

Back