Critique for me please?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeboxstables

Reaction score
So... Up for another critique? I'd love if you could tell me what you like/don't like about him. I know my opinions, but I'd love to hear yours!

This is Roger (ShoeBox Stables Jolly Roger). He's a 2006 gelding, out of our first mare and by an outside stallion. He doesn't have anyone amazing up close in his pedigree, but some names back a few generations.

These photos were taken of him after his first 'real' body clip this past summer (but his lower legs are not clipped!). I'm sorry I don't have any great full side shots of him, but I included the best that I had. And no- he is not tied to the fence, it's only looped (and he's on the inside of the fence!). I do realize the potential for an accident there.

Oh- and in the photos he has not been sweated, worked, or anything. Just played with
default_wub.png

With no further ado, Roger!

babydodge.jpg

rogersm1.jpg

rogerside.jpg

rogerside1.jpg

And just for fun... as a baby
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

rogreg3.jpg

What do you think?
default_smile.png

Hi there --

First off let me say i really really like him
default_smile.png
. I think he has a very solid body on him.

He may be a bit long in the ears? The one thing i notice is he is a little to long in the back, he has a really nice hip on him and i like the hip too. His barrel i think is just a bit to long. He is in great shape, he could use some more definement in his hip though. I like how his neck comes out of his shoulder and the slope. He has a very nice neck as well, allot of tone through his neck and very clean. He could use some more length of neck, i dont think he would really NEED it, but he could have some more. I like how he is refined, but not fragile.

I guess i wouldnt mind seeing a more level croup as well, but thats just me personally. Tailset is okay.

I would give him a longer bridle path and thin out the mane, show off that neck
default_yes.gif

He is a very nice looking horse. I would like to see a longer neck.. some more leg and maybe a more shapey head, but overall he is very nice.. HOWEVER, I have to add I really do not think these photos do this horse justice!!

Thank you guys
default_yes.gif
I know- that mane
default_rolleyes.gif
And his ears
default_risa_suelos.gif
!! I haven't shown him yet- but I was thinking of dragging him to a few in '08. If I did, I would definatly thin the mane- but how much longer would you make the bridle path? I would think only 1/2" or so..?

I know- these pictures are no good, but he's so like his mom- just HATES posing for photos! But he does love showing off- so I think he'll like the show ring! (Mom hates it!)
default_rolleyes.gif

I'll reserve my opinions on him for later, but THANKS for sharing yours
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks! He's actually a really neat color right now! I was going to take some fun photos today, and I'll post them. He has like a dark undercoat, with silver tips, dark on top, light belly, dark in front of the legs, light in back. And he has this neat, cream colored eyeliner around his eyes
default_wub.png

Back