Couple pics of our first girls due

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Can't believe they have such a heavy coat on them as it's still been fairly warm.. Both of these girls are experienced broodmares but the foals they are carrying will be the first for us.. Both gals had a run of bad luck last year, Lexi lost her gorgeous bay pinto colt due to twisted umbilical cord and Tango aborted her baby last Thanksgiving
default_no.gif
There's no doubt both are in foal, actually saw Tango's baby kick the other day
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

First gal is Lexi, pintaloosa, due May 2nd

100_0976.jpg

100_0980.jpg

Tango, tobiano, due May 8th

100_0960.jpg

100_0968.jpg

Oh my goodness! These girls are big already!! My girl is due in late March and she isn't even that big!! Of course I am sure the winter hair makes them look larger!

WIDE LOAD, WIDE LOAD!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

They look so cute in all of that winter fuzz! How exciting having some babies shortly.

Awe their very beautiful
default_wub.png
:

beauty photos.

Thanks For Sharing

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
Oh my goodness! Are you sure she wasn't due last May? Just kidding obviously, but since I have absolutely no experience with preggy mares I just gotta ask....is it possible she'll go that long? I can't even imagine another 5+ months growth.

Pretty girls too.

They are sureeee, prego. I have a few girls that look just like that
default_biggrin.png
cjmm

She was trotting in the one picture so belly was bouncing lol, but she is pretty round and they do have pretty thick winter coats which adds a few 'pounds'.. lol
default_wink.png
I don't have a lot of foaling history on either one
default_wacko.png
so will be touch and go with them both.. Their due dates are calculated with 330 days so they definitely could go before then, we'll start watching them around 300 days for changes and get them use to being in the foaling stalls..

I was getting worried about mine, they are getting big like yours, I was hopeing that I wasnt the only one.

I was getting worried about mine, they are getting big like yours, I was hopeing that I wasnt the only one.
nope, our girls get quite 'tubby' lol The other three gals that are bred are due May 20th, June 13th and June 15th, and they all have 'baby bumps' but not quite as big as these two. The mare due on May 20th is only carrying her 3rd foal this year and she didn't really show size until a couple months before she foaled, there for a while we were sweating it whether she was still in foal as she didn't look like it but every one in a while we caught 'flutters' in her flank and then two-two and half months out from her due date she all of a sudden blossomed in the belly and baby was VERY active.. Mare due on the 13th is the dam to the one due on the 20th and has had a handful of foals, she wasn't very big at all last year, never really showed a big belly and delivered a tiny bay filly.. The last mare is our appy mare who doesn't tend to show till the later months of pregnancy, but she's definitely got a baby bump going on..

This gal always got pretty big in the belly but her foals weren't big foals, just leggy.. This was her last November at 5 months in foal:

102_1100.jpg

In January (7 months)

102_1673.jpg

In April (10 months)

105_2251.jpg

The result, leggy chestnut pinto filly (and I had money down she'd have a colt because of how big she got!)

100_2644.jpg

I'll have to hunt for the other preggo mare pics I've taken on my other computer..
default_wacko.png
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back