Could still use some good thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I glance out at my two little mares, I feel the devastation you must be going through. I am so sorry this happened to you and a few other members here. You have lots of support from all these friends of yours, knowing how much the lose means to you.

Whitney arrested and died early this morning. They said she was doing fine and then I don't know what happened. I can't even believe it, it's too horrible to be really happening. My beautiful special little Whitney
Oh so so sorry,
default_no.gif

I'm so sorry you lost them both. We went through this last year. Lost the foal and then the mare a month to the day later. When the vet was working on repositioning the foal to get it out, he said we could still loose the mare because arteries can be damaged with all the manipulation. It's possible Whitney ruptured an artery and bleed out.

I'm really sorry you are going through this. It hurts and there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Oh God,,, I am so sorry. You did all you could and then some. We all wish we could each take a little of your pain away and make it go away. Again, I am sorry.

They will be doing a necropsy on Whitney today. As much as I hate to think about it, I need to know what happened.

For those who asked, the vet thinks the baby was alive until just before they got him out, he looked good and strong for his age (290 days) and felt alive to her for most of the procedure but in the end she thinks the placenta detached at some point. It came out with the colt. He just wasn't ready to be born yet and hadn't gotten into position I guess.

Thank you all

Oh Shauna I simply cannot believe this has happened. I'm so very very sorry that you have lost Whitney as well. My deepest sympathies to you, and your family.

I also want to thank you for coming here and explaining what happened to cause Whitney's death, when you are suffering ssuch heartbreak from her loss.

Sending hugs -- Anna

Shauna, I'm so SO sorry for you.
default_no.gif
I can't imagine going through what you are going through. You sound like the nicest person ever and we all know you did everything that could be done. Why things are meant to be this way, we'll never know. But I think Whitney wanted to be with her baby colt. He must need her and she needs him. I'm just so sorry they can't be here for you to enjoy them. I'm a firm believer, we will all meet again in a better place. Run free Whitney and baby.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Thank you so much for all your kindness. It can be very isolating when friends and family, although very sweet and sympathetic, just can't understand the devastation and it's comforting to know that you all do understand.

The necropsy showed Whitney died of a ruptured uterus. I don't know why it happened so many hours after. I hope it was fast and she is with her babies now, her beautiful daughter Rose, her colt Soldier and her new little one. Be at peace sweet girl

I am so very sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
:No-Sad I can't even imagine how you are feeling. Hugs to all your family.

Barb

Oh we are SOOO very sorry Shauna!
default_sad.png
What terrible thinks to happen..losing Whitney and all her foals. She sure tried didn't she. She is up with her babies now running free and happy! You have many friends here to help you through this and the LORD too. If you ever need to just talk please Pm or email me {{{HUGS}}}

God Bless and Prayers,

Jenny and Mel

So Sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs to you and family.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost so much in such a short time. I was so hoping this would all turn out good for you and you would have a foal to play with and watch grow up. I can't imagine how hard this will be to tell your children of their loss also. I will be thinking of you and your children. I do understand as my family doesn't get it. How much my horses and critters mean to me and what joy they give me. We understand how you are feeling and wish you the very best in your time of sorrow.

Marie

I am so very sorry you lost your mare !! They creep in and wrap thierselves around your heart and leave you totally heartbroken when they go.. {{{ HUGS }}}

no.gif
my heart goes out to you and your family. We lost our only foal due april 13 the foal got stuck. I am thankful my mare is ok.I understand your loss. I so sorry you lost your mare and foal. We will have you in our prayers.

Latest posts

Back