confession time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to say that many of mine are the same.

But the biggest one for me would be,,,,,,if I am sick or just not feeling well, I will always get to the barn to feed, but those in the house are on their own.
default_rolleyes.gif

I did think of another one!

~ I trim my fiance's hair with my horse clippers! He knows it and doesn't care! Half of his friends ask me if I can do theirs as well!
default_biggrin.png

These confessions are great
default_aktion033.gif

I've used my boyfriends beard trimmer (before I got my own clippers) on a horse.

Before we had a truck and I only had a couple of horses I used to get hay in my car.

I talk to the horses all the time.

My pockets have screws, hay and horse treats in them.

On most weekends I do the morning feeding in my PJs and in the summer I wear my muck boots with shorts (I get some funny remarks about my outfit).

Leslie

Okay i can share one more ..

When ever i grain the horses i always taste the grain. I always pop a few peices in my mouth, it actually tastes good
default_smile.png
. Strategy tastes pretty good
default_smile.png

I'm still alive
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, I should print some of these to give to my non-horsey friends. I have one that brings a bottle of body spray along and sprays my shoes whenever we're going out. It's true--everything I own will eventually be worn to the barn. In bad weather, I go straight from work to the barn, heels and all. In the summer at least I can keep a pair of shorts, t-shirt, and shoes in the tack room, but unless I forget and wear them home, it might be days or even weeks before they're washed.

I often wash my hair while bathing a horse.

I once came out to the barn to find a foal standing in the rain, and right in front of an incredulous friend stripped off my sweater to wrap the baby in...Unfortunately for once I had taken my barn clothes home to wash, and had to drive home in my bra. Needless to say, I was sitting very low in the seat.

I have also tasted everything the horses eat. I was caught licking a salt block once...

I have had my cell phone stolen by playful horses.

I have walked the pasture at night with a flashlight looking for same said cell phone.

I sing to the horses. And I'm not talking about a favorite song or a lullabye--I make up full-blown, off-key musicals complete with a little bit of dancing while I'm feeding and working in the barn.

I have stepped on a rake handle and been biffed in the face, just like in the cartoons.

when I do the finale check at night I ask all of my horses to listen and say prayers to God we me........we ask him to watch over the mares and comming foals.........and all other pets on the ranch........

Every time I see a truckload of hay going by, I stare intently at it to see how nice it is, and if it's really nice I invariably say "Mmmmm, hay!!" with a wistful, hay-envy tone (even though I have a shed full of wonderful hay at home). I *may* salivate too, but you'd have to ask my husband, as I wouldn't really know.
default_laugh.png

:DOH! I resemble all these remarks.

I regularly have people at work in the morning picking out hay in my hair, even though I brush it before coming in, just never can get it out of my hair, bra, underwear. Thank goodness they don't know that.

My husband and I always view a nice green yard with dandelions as Wow the horses would love that. We like to grow dandelions where as most our friends and co-workers spend more time trying to kill their dandelions.

I have been know to stop two days in a row at a house that picked up a bale of hay that was dropped and put it by their garage to see if it was ours. I knew it was but wouldn't take it without asking. Then had to argue a little with the lady of the house about it was not straw to put on her garden, it was expensive hay, $5.00 for the bale. Finally she asked her hubby and he said yes he had picked up a bale of hay on the road. My husband said he couldn't believe I did that.

If someone asks what I want as a present answer is always something horsey, for Valentines one year from hubby we brought home a scrawny little mini donk in our van, next year for valentines day we adopted two little dwarfs "The Shortcakes". The following year we didn't get a horse but a puppy. This year, well I think we are at our limit, but came close to bringing home a full size paint stallion, had to walk away even though I didn't want to, just no where to put him. We go to a sale barn almost every Saturday to try and get hay and I try not to go in and look at the poor horses anymore, breaks my heart and they seem to cry out to please take them home. Sometimes they only go for $25 and then it is really hard.

MMM have went to pay for groceries and new I had change in my pockets and when I pulled it out, hay particles, a horse treat and a syringe all came out, talk about looks.

I regularly hunt for after holiday sales to see what they would have for horses. xLarge christmas dog sweaters make really nice foal sweaters. Red Christmas bows to decorate halters for parades, holiday baby booties for small hooves.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'm finding the funniest, are the posters who have returned a 2nd or even 3rd time to confess even more! LOL

Keep 'em coming
default_aktion033.gif

I teach sking and snowboarding and to get the kids to speed up I cluck at them. its usaly just the little girls that notice! I have also had to explain used needles in my truck. and I have picked up strange green marbles out of the hay in very cold weather , only to find out later that chicken poop melts in your coat pocket! DR.

They melt in your pockets, not in your hands!
default_biggrin.png

That's too funny DR!

This is like looking in a mirror. Perhaps my son is right when he says all horse people are slightly nuts!

I plow the 1/2 acre pasture around the barn so my babies don't have to wade through deep snow. I tell my kids it's for safety in case of a fire. My horsey kids all have stockings with their names at Christmas. When I was 7 or 8 I loved the smell of horses so much I tried to make a horse perfume for when I wasn't around them. I filled a little bottle with hay,grain,grass,horse hair,water and yes a little poop. It didn't smell much like horses and after a week it smelled horrid.

My nearest and dearest are going to think I'm posting under multiple names! Treats in my pockets, hay everywhere, so what else is new? About the only place my muck boots (current pair are bright pink!) haven't been is our church, and even that is a near miss.
default_wacko.png

When I was a preschooler (about a century or so ago!!) my parents took me to a fair. I was afraid of the merry-go-round, but not the pony ride!

I, too, am a bit intimidated by "bigs," and am most comfortable around minis.

Shavings and hay make me sneeze something awful, but add a little horse poo, and I'm in heaven (ahh-CHOO!)

I'm boarding my friend's mini for free just for the fun of having her around to play with.

Ok, I'll give.

I skipped my cousin's wedding to go to a horse show. Still haven't heard the end of that one!
default_rolleyes.gif

Can't pee anywhere but a potty, I have terrible aim!
default_new_shocked.gif

When I was at Meredith Manor, a horse had died and the vet came to necropsy her. I had never seen one, really wanted to, but oh boy, there were donuts for breakfast, and they always went fast. So, what to do, what to do? Got my donuts, jelly filled no less, then went to watch the necropsy and eat my donuts! Really grossed out some people, but I got to see a horse's innards. It was really interesting!

This is like looking in a mirror. Perhaps my son is right when he says all horse people are slightly nuts!

I plow the 1/2 acre pasture around the barn so my babies don't have to wade through deep snow. I tell my kids it's for safety in case of a fire. My horsey kids all have stockings with their names at Christmas. When I was 7 or 8 I loved the smell of horses so much I tried to make a horse perfume for when I wasn't around them. I filled a little bottle with hay,grain,grass,horse hair,water and yes a little poop. It didn't smell much like horses and after a week it smelled horrid.
Hahahahaha, that is one of the funniest things so far! I can't even begin to imagine how bad that smelt!
default_new_shocked.gif

Keep 'em coming people.

Ive showered on a wash rack before. It had hot and cold water of course. I use my husbands fancy new roto tiller to keep my round pen nice and soft. Of course all of the above at one time or another

Whenever my kids or hubby is sick, not feeling well I tell them to go to bed and sleep it off. I don't really do much for them, or listen to their ailments.
default_wacko.png
Don't have time withall the chores and play time I do outside. BUT, if anyone of the animals feels poorly I hook the trailer up and off to the vet we go fast as lightning. I can't let the minis suffer for a tiny minute
default_biggrin.png

The other thing is my husband wants to know when I will start dressing like I did (30 years ago) when we met. All he sees is my "pasture" clothes. What's wrong with that? Seems like most of you have the same attire.
default_biggrin.png

I "shave" my horses' legs more often than I shave my own!

Oh man, ok, I have to say that I can relate to ALL of it!!! LOL!

There were things here I probably would have not said out loud thinking I was the only one who was doing that.

Nothing about horse poo bothers me, whether it's checking after worming, walking barefoot through the yard or pasture, or anything else.

Yep, have peed in a stall or the trailer (but same thing, can't stand it if the bathroom is not spotless)

Have worked on branding cattle all day (my job was castrating and ear marking) and with hands and arms covered in blood, cow sh** and hair that has dried on, will roast the 'oysters' on a piece of baling wire over the branding fire and eat them, by hand of course, when they are done, off of the wire, like roasted marshmellows.

Have to admit I have been outside in just about any kind of attire imaginable, or none at all, depending on the situation.

To this day, as I am leaving for work, MUST double check to make sure I did really brush my hair and that I really am fully clothed.

And had to laugh about the comments of hay in the hair (at work), but most of all the hay in ALL the pockets and have wondered HOW that would ever be explained if need be!

It is so wonderful to know that either I am 'normal' or we ALL need to be locked up!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back