confession time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always smelling my hay......I smell and look at it before I buy it...and when I break it open in the barn before feeding it.....
default_smile.png

I can totally relate to everything said on here... I would rather shop for tack than stuff for myself or family.Would much rather clean the barn than my house. I much prefer the company of my horses to people. etc. etc. etc.
default_biggrin.png

[SIZE=12pt]I have been caught outside in my red longhandle underwear, coat & boots by the guys from the electric company.[/SIZE]

I once thought I had lost my engagement ring inside a mare, until I remembered I had slipped it into my pocket while running to the barn.

I have put black hoof polish on my boots at the last second, because my horses looked awesome, but my boots never did get cleaned. It looked great for those classes, but not so much the next day! :DOH!

After giving a very constipated colt an enema, I squatted down behind him and lifted his tail, only to be blasted straight in the face by the result. While I was furiously spitting and wiping my face on my shirt, a visitor pulled up to the gate!

More poo-MORE THAN A FEW TIMES I have been pressure washing the trailer, only to spray into a corner and be blasted by poo water. Apparently, I just don't learn
default_wacko.png

I pulled into Nationals one year with 18 horses with me...alone. When everyone said, "where's your help?", I said "What help?" My help was coming the next day, but we needed to be there then, so that's when I went! Some friends pitched in to get everyone unloaded, then the fun started...ah well, I was younger then and needed less sleep~LOL

[SIZE=12pt]I can sooo relate with the cleaning the trailer and having it splatter in your face!LOL :DOH! I also do chores in my nightie and have been known to "hide" in the barn if someone pulls up and I am in my jammies and hair standing on end!LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
Last year I foaled out a mare in a T-shirt and hair up in a towel, since I just got out of the shower...and I had checked her right before I hopped in, so that tells you how fast they can go!
default_wink.png
I poke manure with a stick as well especially after worming to check for parasites.....My husband never understands how I can wipe eye goobers or noses, or whatever without a second thought off of my horse, but if he has something hanging out of his nose I gross out and tell him he needs to take care of it!haha Everything you guys have said hits home here!!! I love all my animals and I have cleaned up some really gross things over the years and never thought twice about it....kinda like taking care of your kids!
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

All the above. and to add to the list

My husband has already ventured out to the barn to see what the vet and I were up to. the only problem is, he was in a leather coat, hiking boots, and his boxers. It was a Christmas morning. All my vet said (female vet) was "I don't give any discounts for peep shows."

The other, which I have done more than once, is drive somewhere, and while on the road, reached into my pocket only to say, "I hope I don't go through a check point or get pulled over!" You never realize how inappropriate it is to have a pocket full of used seringes until you head out somewhere. I really need to start putting a small bucket with a snap on lid at the barn door for needle/seringe disposal!

I had to come back because I forgot one. No offense to all of you from West Virginia, but I had someone from West Virginia call me a Redneck for hauling a mini in a van. For all of you not from the East, West Virginia gets a large amount of ribbing about their Red Neck Ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
been caught outside in day old make up, muck boots, beat up barn coat with baby doll PJs under the barn coat.

Have tried to learn to sniff noonies but my sniffer doesn't work as good as REO's My husband caught me and asked me "what the H-LL are you doing???" I told him that REO could tell a mare in heat and I wanted to see if I could. He was actually relieved to hear THAT.

Cleared out an entire chinese restaurant after sitting down to eat ,after mucking out an entire barn( I was with horse friends and none of my friends noticed or cared.)

Been known to wear the same barn clothes from the hamper for a week... put the same ones on every morning to clean the barn and barn yards,until wash day.

Have forgotten to change my smelly barn boots, when going out with friends, (I just had to check a mare one last time,I was dressed nice and slipped on my barn boots) No one really notices until the car heater comes on nice and warm and then your boots really have that fragrance.

I pick through manure too looking for anything not normal.

After mucking stalls, I go through and pick out the tiny stuff with my hands.

I too have been squirted in my face with fleets enema result.

Looks like we are all out of the same mold!

Ok, here I go, but I'm sure that you all can relate!

~At least ninety percent of my "wardrobe" has pictures of horses on it; the "nice" shirts have the horses embroidered on instead of printed.

~Most of my decorating in my house is horse-related.

~I talk to my horses and think that they understand me.

I saw this saying in a magazine and it is SO true: "Dogs have owners; Horses have STAFF"
default_biggrin.png

I am totally cracking up reading these! I can also relate to many....LOL

I'm sure this has happened to a lot of breeders.... when handling the stallion during a breeding ... you know at the 'back' end of the mare..... and got 'sprayed' by mare pee ... on my face... in my hair... pretty much every where.... then after washed my face and hands off... changed clothes later, but left my hair until the next day... it wasn't my day to shower....LOL

I have captured mare urine from a mare in heat on a piece of gauze and shoved it into a TicTac container to use to get my young stallion's ears in the ring... flipping the little lid open and close... so they just get a wiff.... I think the more mature stallion next to us may have gotten a wiff also and it could have been the reason he was acting up... oops sorry 'bout that. It was pretty rank smelling .... he he

I talk to my horses in the barn all the time... about all kinds of stuff... (they are really good listeners) and my most favorite soothing spot on a horse to stroke is the soft sides of their muzzle.

.... okay you other guys... give 'um up.... I know Annette H. has a good one! LOL

Joanne

default_saludando.gif

~ I talk to my minis. I tell them my hopes, plans and desires, and I feel they listen.
default_biggrin.png

~ I hate cleaning stalls. I feel bad and I always do them, but it is the one horse job I am not carzy about.

~ My friends have to like my horses. In the past I have dragged friends and boyfriends to shows. I try to involve them too.

~ I have peed in a stall when I really had to go.

:DOH!

[SIZE=12pt]I have been caught outside in my red longhandle underwear, coat & boots by the guys from the electric company.[/SIZE]

I once thought I had lost my engagement ring inside a mare, until I remembered I had slipped it into my pocket while running to the barn.

I have put black hoof polish on my boots at the last second, because my horses looked awesome, but my boots never did get cleaned. It looked great for those classes, but not so much the next day! :DOH!

After giving a very constipated colt an enema, I squatted down behind him and lifted his tail, only to be blasted straight in the face by the result. While I was furiously spitting and wiping my face on my shirt, a visitor pulled up to the gate!

More poo-MORE THAN A FEW TIMES I have been pressure washing the trailer, only to spray into a corner and be blasted by poo water. Apparently, I just don't learn
default_wacko.png

I pulled into Nationals one year with 18 horses with me...alone. When everyone said, "where's your help?", I said "What help?" My help was coming the next day, but we needed to be there then, so that's when I went! Some friends pitched in to get everyone unloaded, then the fun started...ah well, I was younger then and needed less sleep~LOL
Ha ha ha! Very funny Post!! That constipated colt and ringone both made me laugh so hard, you are a trooper!

I am totally cracking up reading these! I can also relate to many....LOL

I'm sure this has happened to a lot of breeders.... when handling the stallion during a breeding ... you know at the 'back' end of the mare..... and got 'sprayed' by mare pee ... on my face... in my hair... pretty much every where.... then after washed my face and hands off... changed clothes later, but left my hair until the next day... it wasn't my day to shower....LOL

I have captured mare urine from a mare in heat on a piece of gauze and shoved it into a TicTac container to use to get my young stallion's ears in the ring... flipping the little lid open and close... so they just get a wiff.... I think the more mature stallion next to us may have gotten a wiff also and it could have been the reason he was acting up... oops sorry 'bout that. It was pretty rank smelling .... he he

.... okay you other guys... give 'um up.... I know Annette H. has a good one! LOL

Joanne

default_aktion033.gif
Good Idea!
default_biggrin.png
And a little gross, but still normal :DOH!

This is a great post!!

I talk to my horses too and I do believe they understand at least 90% of what I say to them.

I bake birthday cakes for my horses. & I sing Happy birthday to them.

The natural smell of "horse" is my very favorite smell.

I do like to clean stalls. I'd rather do that all day long than clean the house. Touching their poo doesn't bother me at all. I analyze everything that goes into them so closely, might as well examine what comes out.

I have shared a chocolate parfait with my stallion. He is very good at eating from a spoon.

I can 100% relate to every single thing posted previously however I have never had the need to collect "heat scent".

Ok I'll jump in here....

I have always loved the sound of a good leather saddle and used to have on in the house. Would just walk over and sit in it to make is squeak.

Love the smell of horses. I will just stick my nose in thier hair and breath deep.

I can hand pick stalls and go make a sandwich for lunc and not even think about washing. But am a nurse and wash my hands between each patient. People are soooo dirty.....lol

Will wear the same barn clothes all week and not think twice about it...

While shaving the horses will clean the stallions sheath without gloves. Then spend the next 5 - 10 minutes cleaning all that goo out from under my fingernails. It's amazing how long that smell will last even when you do wash your hands several time.

Will taste my horses grain and treats before I feed it to them.

Have gone shopping after clipping several horses with the dirty boob marks.

Have gotten changed in a horse stall at a show with no curtains.

Have peed in a stall when I haven't had time to run to the house. Have made my husband pull over to the side of the road to use the horse trailer when the next rest stop is 40 miles away and I drank to many Big Gulps.....

Will pull the tail hair out of my horses bung hole, not sure how they get it up there to begin with.....

Ok that is enough.....

Where are you Annette, I know you have a story to tell....

Rember that weekend at Moses Lake and the shower????????

Haha! Forgot about peeing in a stall! I guess it just comes so natural that I don't think of it as odd! Hahaha! Those are some pretty funny ones! Been there, done that on almost all of them!
default_wacko.png

In the Winter I wear slippers, but the rest of the time I'm barefoot. And whatever I step in, stays there.

I also gently pull tails out of puckers.

I have been tempted (ok once I did!) to point the butt of a foal at my hubby and lift the tail right after an enema and use it like a water canon.

I have a show cart in the bed room. But hey, it used to be in the dining room!

I have also been doused many times with gallons of birth waters. WHOOSH!! One time right in the face as I was going to peek in there.

Ok, ok. My mares don't care if I sniff noonies. But Lady is extra gentle. I was trying to sniff her one time and as I got my nose down to "it", I lost my balance and my nose did a one point landing IN her noonie! She turned to look at me and said "New techique mom?". I looked around and no one saw what happened and I went to try to sniff again and fell in again even harder!

I got quite a snoot full!
default_risa_suelos.gif

Ooooh. Just remembered another nasty one lol. Teddy was getting ready to breed a maiden mare. He was "out" and I washed him off etc. Well...he hopped up and I tried to guide his penis in the right direction. He was very excited and kind of rubbing up against her side as I'm trying to back him up and get him in, so to speak. He ended up, um, well, "releasing" all over my hand. Ewwwww.

I much prefer the company of horses over people.
default_wink.png

I've tasted every grain, mineral block and treat that my horses have eaten.
default_cheers.gif

There is always a piece of horse poop somewhere in the house! :DOH! If one of us doesn't bring it in on our shoe, one of the dogs will bring it in as a snack!
default_wacko.png

I take better care of my horses, dogs and barn cats than I do myself.
default_biggrin.png

I feed, vaccinate and name all of our barn cats.
default_yes.gif

I love the smell of a horse.

I hate my job and would quit in a second if I could figure out a way to spend my days with the horses and still pay for a home to live in. (There's actually nothing wrong with my job...I'd hate any job that took me away from the farm every day.)
default_no.gif

My horses totally know they are really the ones in charge!

I have miniatures because I'm afraid of my riding horse.
default_ohnoes.jpg

I let the foals get away with murder and tell them how cute it is! Then I send them away to a trainer who has to undo all of the bad habits I started!
default_new_rofl.gif
I LOVE that part! I get to be "good" momma!!

Last edited:
OK, got to thinking of one more thing.

Our neighbors and those that drive by our ranch during breeding season have taken a double take when we were breeding our 31 inch stallion to our taller mares. My husband was holding the mare and I was back with my stallion. I had him sitting on my thighs and he and I were doing the mating dance together. My husband got to laughing so hard he could barely contain himself. My stallion was enjoying the ride and by gosh we got the job done. We both needed a cigarette.......
default_new_shocked.gif

LOL! Oh man! this is a funny post.

I guess my thing is: I'll sleep and/or pee anywhere (but not at the same time).
default_new_shocked.gif

I can sleep in a chair at a show, a cot in a stall, a cot in the back of a trailer, etc. If I need to sleep, I'll just sleep.

Same thing for peeing! It's not unheard of me to slip into a stall right before my class to take care of business and be out and in the ring before anyone notices!
default_rolleyes.gif
On the road, I'll make the horses move over so I can go if I can't wait for the next fuel up!

This is a great thread.....

- I had my first boyfriend tell me to decide between he and the horses (he felt I was spending too much time with them). Needless to say, that was the EASIEST decision I've ever made.

- I can braid a mean french braid and my female co-workers often ask me to "do" their hair before work.

- I clean horse hooves, sheaths, poopy butts and horse teeth without thinking twice. I ALWAYS put on gloves when I touch a patient because I don't want to touch anything gross!

- I believe that the five second rule sometimes applies when in the barn yet I'm VERY VERY picky about where I'll pay to go out to eat.

- My dry cleaner returns the "findings" in my show clothes pockets - includes hair binders, a small bag of oats/treats, one chin chain and some other miscellaneous toys to get ears. The same dry cleaner has NEVER asked what in the world I am doing in my suits and tuxedos.

Latest posts

Back