confession time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maplegum

Reaction score
I'm going to ask a question which often consumes our horsey minds; I am going to ask you to "reveal" something that you would normally never share with anyone due to a fear of being judged.
default_new_shocked.gif

What secret or secrets are you hiding that you would be ashamed of if someone caught you doing it or someone knew about. C'mon, it will feel good to get it off your chest!
default_wink.png

This was a topic on another forum and thought it was a lot of fun....

I'll go first. * gulp*

~My horses looks really fat from certain angles.

~I have gone to bed without showering after a long day with the minis and made my pillow smell like horse

~I have lost my confidence with riding BIG horses, that's why I have minis

~If it is a horse feed, I have tried it

~I wear the oldest, cruddiest clothes while playing around outside with the horses. Sometimes i don't wash them all week.

~I'm afraid my horses make faces behind my back.

~I like the smell of horse poo.

~I am the self proclaimed barn "poop-ologist". When we have wormed the horses I will track their individual droppings to see who is pooping out what parasites....I break the manure up a bit to see what is being pooped out

~I love grooming the horses even when Bailey has clearly had enough and begins to swish his tail and get mad. I ignore his attitude and keep on going cause I'm enjoying it

~I talk baby talk to the horses

~ I hide and secretly watch the horse graze and play to see if they act differently if no one is watching

There - I said it.

I'm leaving now!
default_whistling.gif

1. You should (i mean shouldnt) see me go out to the barn in the morning, i look like a walking zombie with my hair all frizzy, shorts (even in the winter), boots up to my knee, make up smudged on my face and a bulky carrhart jacket, until i take a shower which is normally after i feed the horses and check the email. I am not a pretty sight that early in the morning lol.

I think i will stop right there ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I assume this is all horsey-related of course. Hmmm. Not very fearful of being judged -not a lot of shame here lol-. Let's see:

1. For some wierd reason nothing about a horse is gross to me. I could practically eat horse poo -no I haven't and won't- and it wouldn't gross me out. Example: The other day Teddy, my colt, had "crud" just in front of his sheath, on his belly. I picked it off with my bare hands and it was basically smegma. Didn't much care. Of course I washed my hands when I got in the house.

2. When I was 12 or 13 I used to cut class and spend the day at the barn -it was about a 1/2 hour walk from school-. I had 90 skips my first semester of high school. I would just groom the horses and avoid the grooms and instructors.

3. I used lemon-scented saddle soap as deodorant one day when I was less than fresh on a hot summer day.

Is that enough? LOL!

When I was - - - younger - I used to spend a week every summer at my cousin's house - who had, gulp, HORSES! The horses got a bath every day. Usually by Thursday or Friday, my cousin would literally drag me in the house and MAKE me take a bath.

I like my horses more than most people.

I think my horses are smarter than most people.

-You can, at all times, find horse treats in my pockets! My horses sniff total strangers pants looking for treats. Must think I train them like dogs!
default_biggrin.png

-I share the same hair equipment as my show horses. They have my high priced conditioner, hair brushes, and gel.
default_wacko.png

Oh gosh, I have to admit I spend more money on my horse grooming products than grooming products for myself....and boy do they ever look better than I do! LOL

[SIZE=12pt]You know you have "horsey" problems when you can relate to everything said posted above
default_new_shocked.gif
:DOH! [/SIZE]

Joy
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

When I was a kid (in high school) I cleaned stalls for class credit and would go to my next class with out changing clothes or shoes. I also keep all people away in the morning the way I go out to feed (night gown, boots and a polar fleece jacket).

Not going any further.

Hmm.

Kim (Crabby Chicken) saw me do this, once upon a time at a show.

My son's filly had a wet tail. So what did I do, sniff it...filly...tail...umm yeah, it smelled like pee, even though she'd just had a bath. UGH. Duh. :DOH!

A few years ago, I hung up my barn coat on the hook inside the basement door for the final time of the wet/cold season. About six months later, I got it out to start out the subsequent wet/cold season.

I put my right hand in the pocket, where I always keep a bit of grain for catching stubborn horses in the field. Still some in there! Bonus!

I pulled some out and found that it was empty oat hulls and...rat turds!

Ewwwww....a handfull of rat turds.

Dat's my confession. For now.

Liz

Before my knees got bad I used to lay down in the pasture and wait for the foals to come over and sniff me.

I am allergic to a vacuum cleaner in the house but not in the barn or tack room.

Before my knees got bad I used to lay down in the pasture and wait for the foals to come over and sniff me.

I am allergic to a vacuum cleaner in the house but not in the barn or tack room.

default_new_rofl.gif
That is very cute about the vaccum!

Okay so here is mine - I would rather clean a deeply encrusted, muddy horse than do my dishes!

Ok, here goes!! On days I don't have to work I go to the barn in my pajamas never do shower or get dressed all day because just want to play with my horses and not waste time on silly stuff like showering!! Also, will pick or wipe with my bare hands any body fluid or body hanging on thing with out a second thought. Have been known to inspect in great detail any body part of my horses including smelling, touching etc. And for the grand finale I wash all horse items in my kitchen sink. Don't have a utilty sink or water at the barn and anything that comes off of or out of my horses is just natural family stuff to me so you might find at any given time a pan that has been sitting in my horse pens soaking in my kitchen sink. Really grosses out the non-horsey in-laws so they won't come to dinner anymore. Just an added bonus in my book!!

Okay, here's the only one I will admit to. At a horse show I got tired of trying to pick up the poop with my cherry picker because the shavings were so thick so I got down on my hands and knees and picked up the poop with my hands. "nough said.
default_xkngt.gif
default_whistling.gif

You know it's bad when you can read along going...what's so strange about that.... :DOH!

Here's mine...up in the middle of the night throw on my barn jacket over my pajamas, foal out the mare, do all the necessary stuff, make sure foal is eating, pooping, etc....and then it's back to bed, iodine stains and all. Yeah, I washed my hands first....
default_wink.png

Secrets? All you have to do is come by the house grooming weekend before a big show and see me with an aching back, sweaty, old holey clothes, hair stuck all over me AND in my clothes
default_sad.png
, big hair band to keep my hair out of my face while bending over shaving, to know there are no secrets. Friends, neighbors, all seem to decide THEN is when they need to come visit.
default_wacko.png
Sign me: horse grungy and don't care
default_biggrin.png

Pretty much all of the above and -

I generally have alfalfa in my hair, always in all of my pockets......would hate to be pulled over and have to explain the green weedy stuff in my pockets, the extra syringe in the console
default_new_shocked.gif

Used to take lunch when I was working and dressing up, go to the barn, clean stalls in a dress & heels, and go back to work. I'm sure I was fragrant.

Now, who dresses up LOL. Good shoes become barn shoes inside of a week or so. Good clothes worn to the barn have horse hair embedded from that one bridle path I just had to clip. (and alfalfa in the pockets along with the treats). I think it's hopeless.
default_smile.png

Jan

I'm guilty of stuff too.
default_saludando.gif

I really *do* sniff noonies!

I use MY towels as foaling towels.

I use MY hair brush for the horses.

I have been known to fly out to the barn and foal out a mare in only sweat pants and a bra.

I have conversations with my horses, sit with them, love them and smooch their noses. I'm glad no one can see me slobbering all over my own horses!

I go around for days after deworming, poking poop with a stick. I'll even pick it up in my hands for a closer look.

If my stallion is not "ready" to breed, I'll get mare pee on my hand, take it to the stallion to sniff as to get him ready before I take him to the mare. This is for boys that take too long or try to jump up before he's ready and mares that might kick. Talk about curb service! LOL

default_rolleyes.gif
<---at me!

Some interesting stuff guys
default_biggrin.png
I can admit to "liking" the smell of horse manure, unless it's fresh...then I can do without. And...you guys wont believe this...I actually like cleaning stalls. Yea those are the only 2 I can think of for now, but I'm glad I got that off my chest LOL
default_biggrin.png

I have a one peice carheart barn suit that I wear over my cloths in the winter and sometimes I go to the local grocery store in it and my barn boots Its really scary!! and I threaten my kids that if I am ever called to the school for bad behavior I will show up in the barn suit with boots and come right to theri class!!!! So far its worked!!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back