confession time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have worked on branding cattle all day (my job was castrating and ear marking) and with hands and arms covered in blood, cow sh** and hair that has dried on, will roast the 'oysters' on a piece of baling wire over the branding fire and eat them, by hand of course, when they are done, off of the wire, like roasted marshmellows.

HGFarm, The above must be normal LOLOL, i'm surprised that nobody said anything about it!!! It took me a minute with the "oyster" part even though i've heard of it before.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

One of the most embarassing moments for my kids as teenagers was going to the grocery store with me only to see half way through the store that I had left the Preparation H I used on the horses earlier was still in my back pocket.
This is soooo funny, I can imagine the looks you must of got.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I am comfortable with everything horse... And, these things are only weird to non-horse people!
default_biggrin.png

I've skipped school to stay out in my barn all day.

I rather clean my barn than my room

I don't mind that horsey smell that clings to all of my clothes

I'm often looked at funny/called down to the office for hay in my pockets...

genetics fascinate me more than boys at the moment. (For a 15 year old girl, that pretty weird at my school)

I often can't sleep because I'm thinking about my horses' futures.

I run out to my barn in the middle of the night sometimes, just to tuck everyone in one last time

I don't mind sleeping in my barn.

I nod when people ask me if I was raised in a barn.

My barn stays cleaner than my house.

All of the cars have a perma-poo smell.

Horse shows are my guilty pleasure.
default_smile.png
The drama, the disciplines, the hard work...
default_yes.gif

I go to town in my carhartt jacket, gloves, muck boots, neon orange hat, and jeans quite often.

I love being out in the barn barefoot... no matter what mom says.

I'll stop here, because the list goes on... and, I pretty much share the same things with everyone else!

Okay one last one
default_smile.png
:p

I make that "kissing" noise for EVERYTHING. When i talk to people, when i walk to the dog, when im trying to get someones attention. That kissing sound you make as the "trot" signal.
default_rolleyes.gif

I've been known to tell my dogs to whoa!

People too. :DOH!

I love everybodies replies! These are great!

Thought of a couple more.
default_wink.png

I just got vaccines for my mare the other day, and hadn't made it out to give them to her that day, so naturally they are in the butter holder in the door of the fridge! Fiance saw them and started freaking out. What's the big deal????

I also prefer to wear my tan pants to work so I can wear my brown cowboy boots instead of dress shoes. One day, I went home for lunch from work and when I left I naturally put my brown boots on. I didn't notice until after I got back into work that I was wearing my black slacks that day! Good thing no one looks at me feet anyway!
default_wacko.png

I can totally relate to everything said on here... I would rather shop for tack than stuff for myself or family.Would much rather clean the barn than my house. I much prefer the company of my horses to people. etc. etc. etc.
default_biggrin.png

Ditto on all the above. I have holey clothes and crappy shoes because I spend all my extra money on horse stuff or horses.....

We had company over (my cousin) and I had to apologize because we have no furniture in the house but lots of chairs in the barn....we never entertain in the house-always the barn. We ended up sitting at my dinner table to visit. Now that is sad.

Latest posts

Back