Colt #1 and Filly #2 for Old Stage Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldStageMinis

Reaction score
Hi everyone-finally time for me to share a couple of foals--I've been watching everyone post their beautiful foal pictures waiting and waiting.

Announcing my first colt born 5/15/08 by Fallen Ash Farms Oscar-black pinto L&D Scout son out of our lovely Sera, named Onyx.

And 5/18/08, filly by Samis White Out-double bred perlino grandson of Top Banana out of Spunk-thank you Angie at Buck on Ranch for allowing Spunk to move here with us a couple years back. No name yet for the filly.

Any ideas on the color of that filly would be appreciated. She definitely has great dun factor!

And thank you Tami Zimmerman of Oak Park Miniatures for the beautiful pictures and helping post them to the site, as well as years of mini mentoring!

Can't see any pics, but congratulations!
default_smile.png

Oh, there they are. They both look nice but I love the filly. Is she a buckskin? (No expert here, a beginner)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the colt...

juliecolt.jpg

And the filly

juliefilly.jpg

I will post a photo of the filly's dam when I get home. Julie would like to know what color she should test her for. Silver maybe?

I'd love to know what color she is!lol

Her sire is perlino; dam is listed as sorrel-but she is a different color too.

The filly has great dun factor-leg barring, dorsal stripe, neck shading--but isn't quite dun color either--

any color experts out there willing to guess?

Help would be appreciated.

Wow Julie! I really like them both! I can't wait to see what else your new stallion gives you. And from what little I can see of the mare, she looks a lot like our liver chestnut, but I bet a better pic of her will prove me wrong. Congratulations!

Congratulations on 2 beautiful babies. I can't say what colour the filly is but if her sire was a perlino you know she is a dilute. I'm thinking smoky sliver black or something unusual like that. She must carry a creme gene so she has to be smoky black, palomino or buckskin and only smoky black seems to fit.

well we posted the mare's picture on another topic-"color help-Old Stage Miniatures" and would love input on the mares color. That may help me figure out the filly color!

Thanks for everyone's compliments.

I'm very pleased so far with 2008---new stallion's-you just never know what to expect.

default_biggrin.png

I am going to guess your filly is a dunskin. You said she is for sure dun. I think she will turn out to have a beautiful color! I think she may also have smutty buckskin look too.

Lovely foals!
default_yes.gif
Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I don't know what color the filly is but she is adorable!
default_wub.png

Congratulations!!! Beautiful foals Julie!
default_aktion033.gif

well thank you all for the kind words.

Isn't foaling season exciting--on the edge of your seat, scary and sad at times, but exciting!

I love the colors-

default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back