CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh Lexi, praying so hard for you and summer right now. I hope and pray that the vets will do everything possible and that summer will soon be on the road to recovery. Our hearts go out to you dear friend.

I do hope that flushing and anti biotics will help her get better fast. I too am sending prayers

Just started to read your foaling log, This is so heartbreaking to read, I am so sorry Summer lost her foal. I will send prayers for Summer in hopes they will be answered. Stay strong (((hugs))

Thank you for the update Diane. We are all thinking of you all the time, because I know if I am, then others are. I keep calling Skye, Summer. Sending you prayers and positive thoughts for full recovery for Summer.

default_closedeyes.gif
Is anyone else extremely aggrevated that the Vets didnt know to flush? I mean really why do people have to learn the right things by going to a forum> Why the heck arent vets as educated as a breeder..,,I amlosing al lmy confidence invets.

I will continue to pray for lexi and summer. Was sorry to hear she hhas a temp:>(

Oh Lexi I'm sooo sorry for your lost as I know exactly how your feeling lost one 4/5 to the same dystocia and there really are no words to make this any easier for you but knowing you did all you could and are doing all you can for summer should bring alittle comfort and I'm keeping the prayers going for summer that the flushes bring her through this ordeal and know in time your heart will heal run free lil baby and run with all the other baby's who are waiting your arrival.....((((((many hugs))))))

default_closedeyes.gif
Is anyone else extremely aggrevated that the Vets didnt know to flush? I mean really why do people have to learn the right things by going to a forum> Why the heck arent vets as educated as a breeder..,,I amlosing al lmy confidence invets.

I will continue to pray for lexi and summer. Was sorry to hear she hhas a temp:>(

It's very frustrating for sure. I'm sure they have their "routine" and wait for symptoms, but I am a firm believer in PREVENTIVE medicine, and don't like that any horse should have to have syptoms of infection before action is taken. No different than knowing that a foal that has had a VERY HARD delivery because of a dystocia shoud get prophyllactic antibiotics BEFORE the symptoms of sepsis show themselves.

Very sad, but praying that Summer will come through this just fine!

Hang in there Lexi! You are doing fabulous by this precious mare!

Last edited:
I am so sorry Lexie that you and Summer lost your foal. I will pray for Summer to heal and have a complete recovery. I will pray for you Lexie that your heart will be healed.

Oh Lexi, I'm so sorry to read that Summer seems to have developed an infection and will be adding my prayers to the others here in the hope that this will prove just a small delay in her recovery.

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and sweet Summer at what must be an extremely worrying time for you.

((((HUGS))))

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
:pray Lexi I am still praying this morning for sweet Summer but also for you, please know that you are not alone.

Just checking to to see if there is some good news and to see if perhaps our prayers are being heard. I read your entire thread last night. So many ups and downs for you Lexi....your amazing and if anyone deserves some joy right now its you. I know you will do all that you can for sweet little Summer. Hugs and positive thoughts

heidi

I tried calling her for an update, but got no answer. I did leave a message, and hope to hear from her tonight.

Just praying all is well with Summer, and that you, Lexi, are doing well. Sending lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Back