CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Lexi, I'm so sorry!! I just KNEW I would see a FILLY or COLT tag on your thread this morning. I really hope she does something so you can study for your finals. Plenty of hugs and prayers for BOTH of you!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE my friends. I just received a call that Summer has been foaling for an hour, and baby is hip-locked or having a sitting-dog presentation. Lexi did the perfect thing and called upon her vets, and they have been there about an hour doing everything to dislodge our lost little foal to save Summer.

PRAY with all you have, that Summer comes through this horrid dystocia. It's one of the worst to handle, and all my thoughts and prayers are with Lexi and the hands of the vets to save Summer.

Shedding many tears and sending much love and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to Lexi during this stressful time. Come on Summer, you can do it. Be strong little one, we're all praying for you.

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Last edited:
Oh no....I just had to edit my post because I realized I overlooked a key word in Diane's post.

PRAYERS AND HUGS for Summer and Lexi...

So, so sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed the Title here -- to hopefully get as many prayers as we can for Summer. Lexi is of course, with Summer and the vets. She may call me again, but if not, I'll be calling her to find out about Summer after a bit.

Just sending TONS OF PRAYERS for this precious mare!!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Oh no I am so sorry to hear this terrible news, I am praying for Summer and Lexi.

I just spoke to Lexi, and Summer has survived.

The vets got the foal out about 20 minutes ago, and after an injection of Oxytocin, baby and placenta were expelled. Lexi has lost a beautiful black filly, but Summer has been saved!!!!

Our little Summer has been given Banamine -- and is already up and eating hay!!!

Thank you my friends for your quick prayers -- it has worked, and although a sad outcome for the loss of the foal, prayers have turned this into a positive outcome for our little Summer.

Lexi will be spending the day watching Summer, so I don't know if she'll get to post for a while, but I just want to thank EACH OF YOU for your quick responses and prayers.

default_thumbup.gif

Last edited:
So glad to hear Summer is ok....so sad for the loss of your foal ...but importantly that Summer is ok

continued prayers for Summer and for Lexi what an ordeal you have been through Lexi

I'm so sorry for the loss of the foal but so glad Summer will be ok

Oh thank the Lord. I will continue to pray for Summer that she may heal fast and for Lexi, may your heart heal. Well done for being there for her when she needed you.

Thank you too Diane, you are such an amazing Auntie.

Hugs to you both

RIP little one

Last edited by a moderator:
These little mares are really something! HOW LIKE A MARE to scare us to death, and then get to their feet and EAT !!!!

So relieved to hear Summer has made it through her ordeal. I'm sorry, Lexi, that you have lost a little foal, it's so heartbreaking. You're quick thinking saved your beautiful more though.Hugs and prayers sent out to you!

Thank goodness!!!

Lexi, what fantastic quick thinking on your part in a time of chaos! Summer is very grateful, I'm sure!! You have my sincere condolences for the loss of the filly, and plenty of hugs for saving Summer!

I'm so very sorry to hear that you lost the little foal Lexi, but your quick thinking must have saved Summer's life. I know you must be feeling sick, shaken and exhausted right now, but I hope you can also feel the love, warmth and prayers that are surrounding you and Summer coming from all your worldwide friends.

((((HUGS))))

I'm just now reading about the loss of Summer's foal. I'm so very sorry! But I'm glad to hear that Summer survived. Sending prayers for her continued recovery...........and for Lexi as well.

I just came in to check updates. Lexi, all of my heartfelt condolences for the loss of the foal. Sending you many prayers for recovery for Summer and you. I am so very sorry, and also so very relieved your pretty little mare is going to be alright. All of us have experienced the fear and exhaustion you went through, so all of us are with you to support you. You were there for Summer, that is what matters now. Sending you heartfelt prayers and hugs.

My heart goes out to you so very much... I'm so thankful Summer is ok, but so sad that you have had so much heartache this past year. Please know I'm thinking of you and your family.

Back