CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry everyone I haven't been by the computer at all and have not even had 2 extra seconds to post.

Still no foal..............

We're all pulling for you Lexi ....It's been a tough wait for you...but will be well worth it when you see her foal

Like TONIGHT Summer pretty please
default_whistling.gif

PLEASE SUMMER!!! We're happy to wait until daylight -- but we really wish you would show us that wonderful baby!!!!
default_please.gif
This teasing has just got to stop!
default_nono.gif

Summer, you are a beautiful mare, please let us see that gorgeous baby your hiding! You and Sadie have the spotlight all weekend!

Thank you so much everyone! Love coming on here to your posts. Thought maybe she'd go this morning.. It's not to late but there's only about 2 more hours of darkness. Maybe 4am is the golden hour? I am so ready to be able to sleep in my bed again, it's been a long long time.

You must be worn out poor girl, this is one mean mare. Can you take some more pics in the morning just in case anything has changed. Sending hugs

She really is dragging this out a bit to long..... Yes I will take pics one there's daylight. Watching movies in the tack room isn't as bad as sitting on a chair outside of her stall in 33 degrees F.

I really want the baby tonight or tomorrow as all week I have finals in my college classes. I desperately need sleep I order to function and pass 4 exams. UGH. Sending you hugs back Renee for putting up with Summer and I.

Hehee if only I could do something to help, I would love to be sitting there with you stuffing popcorn and watching Summer/video

Very lucky she is cute! Still no foal... Do you think it's possible for her to be weeks or even a month away??

yeah and maybe she isn't even preggo.
default_thud.gif
No don't worry, she will foal very soon, hang in there we are here with you.
default_cheekkiss.gif

You haven't shared any pics for a few days and I am curious to see if baby is dropped down and in position. Cab you take an udder and hooha shot also in the morning
default_smile.png

I cant believe that she is still hanging on (naughty girl Summer!) and I really feel for you! Back in 2010 we had a maiden mare go 6 weeks over her presumed dates. We wtched and watched especially as she was tightly bagged up for nearly 4 of those weeks. Being a maiden she ever got a proper V (and we dont do milk checks) but she got bigger and bigger in her tummy and we grew really worried about the size of the coming foal! She eventually foaled, normal delivery, if a bit of a tight fit, normal sized baby too, so we presumed that she must have taken on a later covering - although this didn't explain that tight udder??

Not wanting to worry you over the time you might still have to wait (praying that Summer will foal soon for you),but trying to show you that normal sized babies can be born to mares who 'seem' to us to be overdue when we are not certain about their dates - I think we all worry about oversized babies!! Is Summer's milk reading still registering in the 6's?

OK I'll stop waffling and wish you good luck for those important exams!!
default_yes.gif

Remember they don't HAVE to foal in the night or dark! BOTH our mares foaled in the middle of the day this year (noon and 2 PM) after I lost sleep for weeks. So maybe that is a New England thing this year, you never know.

I have been hovering over my mare since September of last year.(not sure of dates or stud) So I can relate about the waiting. I just decided my mare isn't actually with foal and it was a phantom so no more waiting for me. I am sure that you will have a beautiful foal at the end of your wait!

I hope she goes soon for you.
default_pray.gif

I"m very much in favor of new pictures. It will certainly help us figure out if everything is in place and ready to go. We're all here for you, and understand how hard this is.

I remember thinking the first year I owned my mare Carrie, that she was never going to foal or something was wrong with her or baby. I've shown pictures of her here, but just so you know how I worried, this was Carrie a MONTH before she actually foaled ... on day 365 !!

100_1276.jpg

And this was the perfect normal sized little filly she gave me that first year.

Carrie 4.jpg

From then on -- she was a "clock-work" mare -- she foaled on day 365 EVERY year.

Hang on -- and post some new pictures so we can see how Summer and baby are progressing. Can't wait to see them.

Last edited:
Back