CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are photos of Miss Summer from earlier today.

Thank you all for your support! Heres to hoping its tonight or in the morning
default_smile.png

DSC_0832 2.JPG

DSC_0828 2.JPG

DSC_0824 2.JPG

DSC_0827 3.JPG

DSC_0844 2.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

thats a good V for a maiden
default_smile.png
so hope she goes soon for you Lexi, she sure looks ready! I can see the wax on the end of her teats... come on Summer show us the goods!

some mares son't do it, but some do and yes it happens just before foaling its the milk on the end of the teats drying and going hard. my mare had it 3 hours before she foaled, some mares can have it days up to a week before foaling... as with anything else with these lovely ladies each mare is different lol

All one has to do is compare Summer's progress with our mare Toffee to see the extremes for these mares in foaling. I was checking Toffee's pH each night and last night it was still over 7.0 and nowhere near foaling. Her foal had not changed position even when I checked this morning. People watching on cam (like Eagle) didn't even notice anything as she foaled!!!!. Toffee was standing UP with baby half out at lunchtime!!! Her son Clyde looking in the window was the only clue that anything was happening. Luckily she needed no help, but would the foal have been able to get out of the sac if I hadn't been right there? We lost a foal in that exact same spot in 2011 because I wasn't there (no one on Mare Stare had seen her foaling either). These mares can be VERY sneaky!!!!

Sending many happy thoughts for you that Summer foals tonight! Boy she is cute, and looks really, really ready. Can't wait. Geez Mary, it's as if they don't want our help or something
default_rolleyes.gif

Still no foal... Every time she shifts her weight her milk drips. This morning around 2 am I found her feet/legs all wet.

Could she be any more ready?? UGH.

Sitting in the tack room still waiting for her to foal.....

She is very happy tonight! Seems the most comfortable I have seen her in about a week.

hhmmmm that could be a sign, some mares go real quite the night they foal
default_yes.gif
what is she doing?

Nope staring at tummy for awhile then went flat. Was down for about an hour. I don't think my photo uploaded on here, but tummy finally looks like the slightest "v" shape. She just got up for her grain and is munching away on hay again.

Latest posts

Back