CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She does look smaller from behind. Hopefully she''s getting herself organised for you!

Hey Lexis! Keep an eye on that discharge, it could be the mucous plug, but I never saw my Summer's mucous plug. However I did read a thread on here during one of my sleepless nights, of someones mare that had a discharge and she had a bad infection. You may have read it, idk, but I would keep a very close eye on it. Have you checked her temp?

Here is a link that has pictures of the mucous plug

http://www.crayonboxminiatures.com/Foalingsigns.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Mindy I saw the crayon box site and it doesn't really look like that.... hmmmmmmmm.

Which thread was talking about an infection? No temp!

I have been trying to find it, I'll keep looking.

Maybe someone on here remembers it?? The mare had a discharge, then she kept trying to go into labor but couldn't follow through, the mare ended up having to be induced and then the baby was born, but the infection was so bad that the baby didn't make it, the mare almost didn't but they got her better. Anyone know what I'm talking about?? I read it at 3 in the morning so I might be off a detail or two!

She didn't have the discharge at 4am. Big whinny and greeted my right at her stall door. I have classes now so won't be at the barn till later in the day, but there are watchful eyes at the barn all day. I really hope it is not placentitis.......

Her vulva was dirty in the last pic, try washing her that way you can see easily if she has more discharge.

LOL!! Renee - I was just about to ask what you have been drinking!! Actually I'm having trouble with LB as well so maybe not your laptop? Have lost my emotons again and the page keeps jumping about, also each page takes ages to load, so I'm having real difficulty trying to do 'catch up' when reading the threads. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! (insert head banging emoton here!!)

PS. Just noticed that I can no longer see any of the posted pics - just large blank spaces????

Oh well that is good to know cos I was about to go screaming to the shop that my new computer came from.
default_thud.gif

My mare has been having the same discharge off and on for a couple of days. It's clear, but occasionally has what looks like a little blood in it, giving it a brown tint. Yellow discharge I know means infection. I hadn't worried about it, but now I wonder... I just figured it was the hooha lubing up a little in prep of labor with occasional bursting of blood vessels from the pressure of the fetus.

The forum has been working off and on for me as well. Sometimes when I go to type in the link an external error pops up and it says something odd about the website. Just a big white screen with black writing. So Renee at least you know its not your computer!

Anna can you view the pics now?

Yes Lexi, for some reason, this evening I have pictures, no jumping and the emotons are back - however it is still going at a snails pace when I want to change pages or threads (I could almost go and brew up a cuppa while I wait LOL!!)

How's your computer this evening Renee?

It is better now thanks Anna, if you are putting the kettle on I will have tea please
default_smile.png

Heres a picture of Summer pretending to snooze. Poor girl could not get comfortable.

521726_10151601897138478_2142119931_n.jpg

Question for everyone....

You know how sometimes when dogs sleep their legs move? As if they are dreaming of running? Can horses do this, or has anyone ever witnessed their horse sleeping flat but moving???

This morning at my 4am check I walked the length of the barn (Summer is in the very last stall) and saw her laying flat right near her door. The lights take a minute to warm up and get really bright but she gave me a mini heart attack! Her legs were moving and so was her tummy as if she were pushing. I was SO excited and nervous at the same time thinking this was it! Well I got a tad closer and she still appeared to be pushing, then she saw me and jumped up. Then she munched on hay as if nothing had happened.......

I watched her for an hour and she would just shift her weight, then walk forward and either keep one back leg behind to stretch it out or pick it up high and stretch it. Lots of yawns and stretching but she never went back down. So I left her alone after the hour and came back and still nothing.

She fooled me!

Latest posts

Back