Clean teeth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim P

Reaction score
Is there a snack for horses that will keep their teeth clean like they have for dogs?

No there isn't. I don't think there is anything you can do about the staining on horse teeth. I don't think they get periodontal disease like dogs do, since there teeth continually erupt for their whole life (or til they run out of tooth, if they live long enough), just make sure you get them their annual dental check-up and float as needed.

My equine dentist has scraped plaque off a 20+ mare I had. She had not had regular dental care in her life. My 19 year old doesn't seem to have a problem, but he's had regular care for many years. So, plaque can be an issue for a horse.

Staining is no big deal; it's a horse-thing. I love showing their teeth to children when we go to schools; they are always shocked.

dansteeth.jpg

Okay. I was looking at Annabelle's and thought hers needed cleaning bc they are greenish from the grass. We'll everyone's was but she has baby teeth and thought maybe there was something out there.

Latest posts

Back