Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the pics of our beautiful Suzie - yes Renee, that is just a fabulous one of her head and she certainly has a really nice active action, my two fav pics too!!
default_yes.gif

Had a big laugh at that pony eating from the slow feeder - he's stuffing himself more quickly than my 'biggies' used to from their normal haynets! LOL!!

Gorgeous photos Cassie, and I agree with Renee. Who cares about what the judges think, she looks awesome!

My fav pony girl!!!
default_wub.png
:wub Give her a smooch from me.

Cassie this is what Pallidon is testing out for me:

http://www.thecitybarn.com/miniature-hay-pillow/

I'll be posting review/updates on the Marlanoc facebook page so keep an eye out over there. Day 1 has gone well
default_smile.png

But I'll be posting my thoughts on it's boredom busting ability, it's toughness (Pali is being rough!) it's practical-ness and how it effects his eating. If it goes well I might get a few more sizes and test them out with the weanling group!

thanks everyone
default_smile.png
she was the best girl and worked so well for me
default_smile.png
she didn't call out the whole day, didn't put a foot wrong and did everything I asked her
default_smile.png
so she is a winner in my eyes also.

thanks Bree, I will most definitley give Suzie a smooch from you.
that's another one I was looking at (sooo expensive lol) please do let me know how you go with it! Smartie broke his old hay bag the other day I'm half tempted to have a go at turning it into one
default_smile.png
might be a good winter project! :D

penny also says hi
default_saludando.gif
and gives smooches to all her Aunties
default_wub.png

photo.JPG

photo3.JPG

I was playing with her this morning (hence the halter lol) and went to give Suzie and Finn some Carrots and Penny wanted to know why I wasn't playing with her anymore lol

Lovely girl! You'll have some great foals heading your way next year, I can't wait for them!

I was a bit hesitant about the pillows as well because of the cost, but I heard enough stories from studs with bigger horses that made them seem somewhat indestructible so I figured Palli and I would test one out.

Lovely girl! You'll have some great foals heading your way next year, I can't wait for them!

I was a bit hesitant about the pillows as well because of the cost, but I heard enough stories from studs with bigger horses that made them seem somewhat indestructible so I figured Palli and I would test one out.
Thank you Bree
default_smile.png
I think so too. not looking forward to the trip to Tamworth but hopefully we will be rewarded by a gorgeous Penny and Banner baby! oh I had a question that I'm going to ask before I forget lol the trip to Tamworth takes about 4 hours from here... is there a chance that the trip could make Penny lose the foal? what can I do to best make sure that everything is ok
default_smile.png
there is a LFG on the service but I wouldn't want to cause any harm to my precious girl

banner's owner is going to send me through a contract soon and as I know NOTHING about all that sort of thing can I send it to someone for them to check it over?

yeah, they sound great though! I'm really interested in buying or trying to make one
default_smile.png

Very slim chance
default_smile.png
A lot of mares get floated at various stages of their pregnancy and most of them don't even care.

Kept wanting to post as I was catching up on the pages and pages since I've been gone.

Penny looks fabulous, and we know she's a winner no matter what! I can't wait to see your foals next year -- they should be just great!!

I am in agreement with Anna and Renee and Bree -- short grass is best for the little piggy -- and that video was so funny watching that horse "chow-down" -- he sure had it figured all out! Just keep grabbing hay when your mouth is full! LOL

As to the contract, you can send it here [email protected] and I'd be happy to look through it for you. And many mares travel when pregnant -- they should both be fine!

Thanks girls,

Renee I'm undecided yet... I don't have my own float but I'm tempted to either hire or borrow a friends to make the trip up there... if she did go with someone else I would still drive up there myself as I want to make sure she will be safe and comfortable and well looked after up there.

thank you Diane, when she sends it through I'll send it through to you
default_smile.png

I have been teaching Smartie how to bow LOL I haven't been able to ride him the last few months (dying to get on him) as he got a bug of some sort and got really underweight and I had a hard time trying to get weight on him also with the diploma etc I just had no time LOL. It's been really good to get him using his brain lol he is doing pretty good considering that we have only done two sessions
default_smile.png
its lots of fun! it was a public holiday for us yesterday but I couldn't ride Smartie cos it was raining
default_sad.png
so do you know what I did instead?
default_whistling.gif
default_hypocrite.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cassie, that looks amazing - cant wait to see the finished picture!!

As far as Penny is concerned, I would try to drive her yourself, then you can regulate your speed to suit her - so many horses become bad travellers because they are driven too fast in my opinion! Also when bringing her home, avoid the times when she would/could come back into season - 3, 6, 9 weeks - over here the 9 week time is the one we really try to avoid, dont ask me why and maybe there is no reason for us to think that way, but some while ago statistics seemed to prove that mares can re-absorb more easily at these times.

Poor Smartie, hope he is feeling better now, but what a clever boy learning how to bow - a pic or two possibly for us??

I just realised it turned it round the wrong way lol grr

Thanks for the advice Anna
default_smile.png
when you say those periods.... Are you saying not to transport her in those time periods? Sorry just wanting to clarify she would get confirmed in foal up there before I bring her back down, and I totally agree with you on the transport issue Anna
default_smile.png
as penny is such a distrusting mare, not her fault due to bad experiences I would want to be with her on the trip most definitely!

image.jpg sorry for it being the wrong way round again I'm posting from my phone and can't switch it on here lol you get the Idea though, this is how it's looking at the moment still needs a fair bit more work but its coming along quite nicely I think
default_smile.png

Night all.

Xo

Yes Cassie, basically try to avoid travelling at those times - no idea if this is 'medically' correct, but the thought/possibility has been around for years, so we always follow it!! Just ask the stud for the dates of her first season and work it out from there once they say she is confirmed and ready to travel home.
default_yes.gif

Cassie, your art work is stunning..even if I am looking at it upside down!!! The shadowing and shading looks brilliant and I cant wait to see the finished piece. Cassie did you ever post a picture of Banner? I looked back and was unable to find it and thought I must have missed it.

Morning all, here is the pic turned around the right way LOL

image.jpg

Thanks for the advice Anna, I'll definitley avoid those weeks! will do most definitley
default_smile.png
I'm sure the owner of the stallion will be so sick of me ringing her, I'm already imagining ringing/ texting everday to see if he was able to cover her or not LOL
default_whistling.gif

any other advice any of you girls can offer for anything regarding the breeding would be most helpful!
default_thumbup.gif

Heidi, I have posted one up somewhere but I'll post another up for you
default_smile.png

Banner2.jpg

Wade.jpg

Wade2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That pictures is amazing Cassie!!!

I don't really like judging movement off of one picture, it's too easy to catch something that isn't the horse's normal movement (such as the pictures where people spook them so they take giant strides with tails up but you will NEVER see this movement on the lead or at work.)

Plus I'm not too informed on what the pony people want in their movement.

But I will say in that pic he looks like he is moving out well at both ends
default_smile.png

I think he is quite a nice boy and I can't wait to see what he and Suzie put on the ground!

Latest posts

Back